Rio Tinto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Rio Tinto Interview Questions

Interviews at Rio Tinto

2.9

Intern Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Golden, CO (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Easy going, online games to test behavior, talked on the phone pretty casually for over half an hour, very nice interviewer. This apparently needs 30 words to be accepted so now I am just typing to add words...

Interview Questions

• Why do I want this position?   1 Answer

Graduate Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boron, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Boron, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I Interviewed at Rio Tinto Boron in Feb 2020 and had got selected for the onsite interview , When the dates for my onsite interview was nearing , the position went on a hiring freeze . The recruiter back then was very good and kept me updated at each step of the interivew. Sometime mid sept, the recruiter emailed me that the position has been cancelled but the same position is advertised as something else and if i am available for the interview, They had me go through the same interview process again and rejected me in the round before the onsite interview. The new recruiter had also ghosted me. The interview questions were also same as last time and i had answered it even better than last time, This is very unfair and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• what are some of the safety processes you know? why rio tinto ? Why this role ? Are you okay working in mines ? do you like working individually or in team ? what experience do you have with PLC ? what are your skills? when are you available to join ?   1 Answer
    • general PLC questions and basic resume related questions   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The first round was playing behavioral games. You will have to play games and based n that company will get your behavioral traits report. The games were random and very easy.
    The second round was recorded video interview

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were challenged and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by supervisor and two co-workers. Asked questions to see how I would fit in to the company culture and my plans for the future. Explained what I would be doing in high detail. Asked about my experience and background.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boron, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Boron, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I passed the phone screening and then they invited me for an onsite interview at Boron plant. After one week they said they are interested to hire me for a different position (Electrical Engineer) and I will get an offer letter in one week. After that, I don't know what happened but they took like one and half month deciding the salary for my position and I never heard back from them after that. Overall It was a very awful experience working with the hiring team and managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The whole process took an hour and most of the time you are asked to tackle some situational events and they will observe how you structure your approach in solving them. Overall it's quite a pleasant experience.

But you have to know the chance for external candidate to be pick is rare as they usually consider internal ones first. Quite weird why they even waste external people time if in first place they still wind up picking existing staff to fill the opening.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most memorable achievement that best relate to this role you are applying for   1 Answer

Interview

Unfortunatly they already know who they want for the job, They usually just bring others in for the interviewing process to follow standard proceedure. If you do get a inerview externally make sure you bring your A game!

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in January 2019.

Interview

Applied back in September to the general graduate pool, and then did a cognitive/personality test a few days after I applied. I got an email stating that I should hear from them with a certain day period; however when I was notified to go on to the next step it was WAY over that time limit. Next was a prerecorded interview. I got asked 5 different questions regarding group work, safety, and a time where I lead a group of people. A few weeks later, I got another interview to do a behavioral test. It gave you three scenarios and you needed to put them in order, from highest priority to lowest priority. A few more weeks pass by (close to a month) and I schedule a live video interview with a recruiter. The interview itself was with 6 different people, but mainly one person did the talking. Everything takes awhile, but the recruiters are very kind. They will answer any questions you may have without hesitation.

Graduate Engineer-Chemical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Park City, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The hiring process consists of four steps. Online Games, Video Interview, Online Assessment and finally an in person interview. Rio Tinto is notorious for keeping applicants in the dark and stringing them along for months. I was in the interview process for 8 months and made it to the final round only to be rejected. I had been speaking to a recruiter on linked in the entire time who assured me consistently they were close to making a decision for months and months. Finally the recruiter told me to stop contacting them, and eventually I received a rejection email. The HR department's conduct was extremely unprofessional, and I regret wasting my time applying to this company.

Interview Questions

Interview

Took an extremely long time for them to call me after I applied (about 3 months). Then after the interview it took them about 2 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.