Rio Tinto Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 232 of over 232 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rio Tinto

Rio Tinto

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Everyone should feel involved, included and work in an environment where issues that arise are resolved as early as possible. Leaders and members show courage in addressing issues without unnecessary escalation. Formalization of grievances should be the exception. We all want to work in roles that we are properly trained and prepared for, while operating assets that are healthy and stable.
    Answer Question

Rio Tinto

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto

Interview

First-round was an HR call. Then had an online test. In the final round, it was an hour long interview. Asked some behavior questions and some questions about your experience. They looked quite impressed but still got rejected.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a difficult situation? Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?

Rio Tinto

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rio Tinto

Interview

There were 4 interviewers, 3 from your university and a Rio Tinto HR, each of them only asked 1 question, overall it was pretty chill and relax, and you get to ask a question at the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Brisbane) in Aug 2021

Interview

First stage was online psychometric testing, which was of an interesting and unique style. I found it challenging and only managed to complete about 75% of it. Then I was contacted for an interview about a month later. The interview itself was casual and relaxed, with just one interviewer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Auckland, Auckland) in Jul 2021

Interview

Video interview via Microsoft Teams, 3 interviewers, they were kind during the interview, why Rio Tinto, why you choose the role, and some safety-related questions, questions based on the STAR skils

Interview Questions
  • What are some safety issues you have faced and how did you handle them? When was a time that you failed and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia) in Jun 2021

Interview

A very lengthy process. The whole process went for about an hour to a quarter past, with the presence of a senior engineer, a superintendent and myself through Microsoft Team. Due to the poor microphone and speaker they had on site, it was very challenging for the interview to take place.

Interview Questions
  • There were about 15 questions in total. First began with the introduction and background about this position. And then follow by behaviour, technical and safety questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia) in Jun 2021

Interview

Simple, quick, call received and interview booked for the next day. Questions were a little odd but to be expected of a big company. Odd personality type questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Singapore) in May 2021

Interview

1. Online application 2. Online test (a few types of tests (e.g. logical, numerical) that came in 1 seating and sequence of these types of questions jumbled up. It was interesting, never done one like that previously) 3. HR phone interview, quick call that covered typical questions to judge your interest in the company and program 4. 1st round interview with relevant team 5. 2nd round interview with more senior team members The HR was very quick in moving me through from the HR phone interview and had great communication. HR did not provide any clarity in how many more rounds there where in the process but I assume I got to the final stage (any more interview rounds would be excessive) Enjoyed the interview process, but got ghosted after I received a rejection, and absolutely no feedback whatsoever even when I followed up. You would think they would at the very least just make something up after having taken so much of your time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia) in May 2021

Interview

Thorough and in depth, behavioural and technical questions. Covered a variety of areas, initial phone contact with in person interview afterwards. Would suggest preparing well and assessing job overview. Interview took roughly an hour.

Interview Questions
  • What are some safety issues you have faced and how did you handle them?

Anonymous Employee in Richards Bay

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Richards Bay) in May 2021

Interview

It very nice, the interviewers were friendly and welcoming. The questions were mostly behavioral with questions like have you ever been in a group setting and how did you handle that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 232 Interviews