Shell Energy Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Shell Energy Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Shell Energy Retail

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

ice breaker to kick start the assessment the a maths and English test, a group exercise, a role play and then 1- 2 - 1 to finish the day off

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to work for first utility   1 Answer

22 Oct 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I’m glad to see that although you were not successful on this occasion you have rated the overall process as a positive experience. Thank you for your application and for taking the time to leave... More

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

We did an icebreaker between all the candidates and recruiter then a Maths and English competence test, next a group scenario exercise, after that a one on one role play exercise selling a tariff and a final interview

Interview Questions

Shell Energy Retail Response

22 Oct 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and really pleased to see that you have been successful in securing a role with us. I hope you love working for First Utility as much as I do. Tiffany

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The process was basic maths and English group task, role play, one to one interview with manager. The process was fair and good in terms of employing staff for outbound activity, i enjoyed the process, i enjoyed taking parts in all the tasks, the staff were very helpful and assisted me well through the day . Overall the process was fair and had enough time to complete all tasks

Interview Questions

• They were general competency based question, previous experience in terms of what i have done in the past customer service and sales   Answer Question

22 Oct 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking time out to post a review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the assessment exercises and felt they were relevant to the role. Most of all I’m pleased to hear that my team were... More

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

Handfull of us put forward my managers directly for the role. Not put out to all staff to be able to apply. Did not follow HR process, Google form asking 3 questions. Standard email advising had not been successful, no feed back offered. When requested same standard feedback response given to all that applied.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two people interviewed me: one lady from HR who was friendly and professional, the other lady was the hiring manager who made this experience a negative one for me. Whilst making small talk during the interview she asked where I lived, and when I replied telling her the name of the small town I'm from and the nearest city (which is very close to the office), she shrugs and says "pfft, no idea where that is" with a disgusted look as if I was wrong to be from a town she doesn't know. She then changed the topic.

This may seem a small issue but it hinted to me the level of respect I would receive if I was in that role with this person as manager. Her cold attitude throughout the interview made me realise I wasn't likely to get the role and even if I did, it would be very difficult for us to work together harmoniously. At the time I was quite shocked an interviewer could be this rude and afterwards I regretted not being honest and asking to end the interview early.

The one positive thing was being given a tour of the office though (courtesy of the HR lady) - it was good to see the potential working area first.

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, asked to come in for an interview 2 days later. Interviewed by the financial accountant and another assistant accountant. Standard competency and technical questions followed by a short excel task. Good overall experience despite not being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how you would deal with an accrual expense?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Lifeless. Interviewer didn't care about what was said, was dull, boring and uninterested.

It seriously felt as if I was trying to get blood out of a stone at times.

Don't even waste your time.

Scheduling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I sent my CV through a friend that works within the business. I had phone call with the hiring manager who invited me in for an interview. Interview was conducted by the hiring manager and another experienced member of the team.
    The interview consisted of competency based questions and finished with a scenario type question. Both interviewers were polite and easy to speak to which made the whole process easier.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online. received an email regarding a telephone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Successfully passed the telephone interview stage and was then invited to an assessment centre.
    The assessment covered company history, 3 tasks and a role play. This was very well organised and first utility staff were super friendly and made you feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• If a customer didn't understand what you were saying, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and had great communication during application process. Had a short telephone 'interview' where we discussed my CV, short chat about experience and expectations and was invited to an assessment day.

The assessment day consisted of a group of us having a short introduction to the company followed by a maths and English test. Those who passed the test then undertook a group activity, 1:1 interviews and a role play. All very straightforward and although formal made to feel very at ease.

Overall the process was good, the managers involved were friendly and also gave a positive impression of the feel of the company/colleagues you would encounter.

Feedback was received within 2 working days as promised.

Interview Questions

Shell Energy Retail Response

15 May 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback. I can see that you have accepted a role with us, so I wish you every success in your new role! Tiffany

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.