Squiz Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Squiz Interview Questions

Interviews at Squiz

2.6

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

The process itself was fine - screening call, chat with the PM team (who were lovely) and a meeting with office managers. Negative because I received zero feedback, none at all, which is frustrating as I gave up holiday for the face to face meetings. It doesn't take long to call or email candidates with feedback or a rejection. Despite the budgets and the size of the clients they work with, this made Squiz feel pretty amateur.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client raised an out-of scope ticket   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (Brisbane) in June 2019.

Interview

A positive and lighthearted experience. Interviewed by three people, but it wasn't as stressful as others!

Don't see why skills test needs to be done onsite... You're put in a room with a laptop, on a website form.

PS, make sure you hand in whatever you have after the set time limit!

Interview Questions

• General Questions About What Listed On Your CV   Answer Question
    • Technical Skills Test: Simple JavaScript, JQuery & CSS test in codepen   Answer Question

Global Website Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (Sydney) in November 2018.

Interview

As a previous enterprise website manager elsewhere, I was contacted for this position as I had applied for a previous position in a different business section.
    I attended the first interview with the Marketing Director. I think all went swell and I think I may have been able to share some knowledge.
    I was then called back for a second interview, told the first interview went well and was told to research ideas from the current site/analytics and product suite.
    Second interview was with the Head of Corp Marketing and CCO.
    Asked some questions. One which I couldn’t answer as I believe I would have needed to consult with the correct people to attain the right answer, as it wasn’t under this positions remit.
    As asked, I provided plenty of ways they could better their current/new website and went through some insights gained from their analytics. They kept this work.
    Other than that, it went very well and the interviewers were friendly.
    A week later I was told I didn’t get the position due to lack of strategic experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell someone from one district office that we aren’t promoting product X For their region when we are for others? How would you make the decision as to what product is being offered and where?   Answer Question

Web Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

It was very positive, everyone was really nice and the offices were modern. The first round was a phone interview, the second round was a face to face and the third round would have been a meet and greet.

I ended up accepting a position elsewhere but will keep an eye out as I feel this would be a great place to work for me!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (Sydney) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen which was a conversation that lead to nowhere. Unsure of hiring goals, HR was not flexible to deal with, this is the tech industry and not a field that you only work bank hours to get things done.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about our product suite?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Squiz (Sydney) in January 2017.

Interview

The first process was a phone interview, they asked me about myself and took a coding and basic knowledge test at Squiz office. it took around 1hour. Lastly, face to face interview with devs. They are so kind and tried to make me relax.

Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Squiz (Brisbane).

Interview

Phone call from Sydney head office twice. First People and Culture person left the company 2nd one came in a little unprepared.

First interview face to face

very casual, 90% they look for cultural fit, quite an easy quiz on technology

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate your probation

Implementer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Squiz (Sydney) in February 2016.

Interview

Two step process.
    First step: You'll firstly do a test. It's a frontend test that will check your knowledge of css, jQuery and some WCAG stuff. It takes about 90mins.

Then you'll meet the technical lead, or Technical consultant. In my interview, he produces a wireframe and asked me how'd I'd go about producing an html template, and what questions I would ask to the designers etc.

Second step:
    Meet the NSW business manager (not the CEO). This person is going to assess your cultural fit. Squiz does have a very low DHR ("d**khead ratio") so questions will be centered around how well you work with others, and career prospects.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in an agency before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the offer. I really wanted to get out of my current job.
    The salary range was expressed in my first screening telephone call. The consultant expressed that my salary expectation was at the high end of what Squiz could do.

CMS Implementer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Squiz (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stage interview with middle management. Friendly atmosphere and they tried to make you feel comfortable. Very clear on what to expect during the interview. I talked about my previous career, showed some examples of my previous work. Went through a skillset outlined in my cv.

Negotiation

I was desperate for a job, so didn't negotiate much. Offer was made, which was more than what I was on at a time. I accepted.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Squiz (Sydney) in May 2015.

Interview

A 1 hour computer test of HTML, CSS, Javascript, some web protocol and standard question. After that they review your code in the same day and told you the result.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.