Squiz Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Squiz Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 86 reviews

3.5
Squiz CEO John-Paul Syriatowicz (no image)
John-Paul Syriatowicz
Pros
  • "Full of really great people that are a pleasure to hang out with every day(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible working arrangements, opportunities to do wat i want, and rewarded(in 7 reviews)

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Very good working environment. nice people

Cons

Not much I think for now

Squiz2019-10-07
  2. "Great place to work- the people are fantastic"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

Great team, good for learning, great culture and fantastic work/life balance

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say. It truly was a great place to be.

Squiz2019-09-17
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Digital Strategy Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Autonomy and challenges to solve in digital and new markets

Cons

Growth and the need to simplify hamper progress

Advice to Management

Stick to the 3 year plan it looks good to me.

Squiz2019-08-20
  4. "Squiz is pretty good"

Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at Squiz full-time

Pros

Fantastic people. Always focus on improving. Reinvigorating their offering

Cons

Limited markets. Not great brand awareness.

Squiz2019-07-17

"Unfulfilling"

Former Employee - Sales in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

- Talented and supportive colleagues - Complimentary snacks & breakfast - CBD location - Flexible work environment - 30 days annual leave

Cons

- The core of the problems with the company all come down to it's key CMS product offering. It is not competitive or relevant in today's market. - Therefore sales and marketing are scrambling to try and find ways to stay relevant and sell the product. - Retention is low and new sales are poor. - No career development as the company is stagnant and HR is all but non existent - No mentorship from manager or... leadership team - Office environment is depressing. - No structured commission plan or individual targets for sales people (yet you have the high pressures of selling)

Advice to Management

You want to keep up with the industry and be a technology agency but are stuck in the past. Improve the product or scrap it and focus on services and partnering with other technology companies. There is a lack of transparency and the goal posts are forever changing - keep your employees better engaged and make them feel heard and acknowledged.

Squiz2019-07-19
  6. "Opportunities for career progression"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Squiz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home Bonus incentives 30 days annual leave Paid maternity leave Supportive team Attractive salary

Cons

Team based incentives rather than individual

Advice to Management

Take onboard feedback that is regularly provided in order to retain influential and highly sort after staff.

Squiz2019-06-26
  7. "Don't ! Just Don't !"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Coffee machine and tea * People there very nice * Flexible working hours

Cons

* Low paid * Still using 5 years ago techs * No one care about the team growing

Advice to Management

Meeting , meeting and meeting ~ Never take action.

Squiz2019-07-07

"Avoid it. You would waste your time."

I worked at Squiz full-time

Pros

I made good friends.

Cons

Old technology, old mindset. Lots of talks about a vision that keeps changing. No process, no sales culture, no investment... I could carry on.

Advice to Management

Implement a proper structure, lead by example, invest.

Squiz2018-09-27
  9. "A standard digital agency with a good vibe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than a year

Pros

- nice people - table tennis / friday drinks - relaxed atmosphere -

Cons

- regular agency with either too much going on or not enough - projects become too samey

Squiz2018-03-26
  10. "Good company that's lost its way"

Former Employee - Customer Support

I worked at Squiz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Usually nice office spaces. Creative types. Allows for cross office work more than most companies. The people are nice, majority genuinely like working with each other and are helpful. Friendly social atmosphere. There are a lot of talented people at Squiz working hard for their customers and for each other. Good diversity of people. Pay's okay. Has made some improvements in this space. Nice healthy... living bonus.

Cons

There's a lot of unaddressed negativity and no innovation. Lots of talk about values but no commitment to technical excellence, recognition of effort or career progression. Client focus is driven by individuals rather than company-wide programmes. Despite delivering innovation for clients we're going backwards. Processes are broken and good ideas from experienced people ignored unless it comes from the CEOs... inner circle. Key products driving innovation are underfunded. Priorities compete with each other. Regionally we innovate but we're not moving forward as a company. There's new vision presented every 6-12 months, its always "we'll build it ourselves!", never includes a budget because the CEO doesn't believe in budgets and never measures results or sticks to a plan. Latest move is to hire new external Executives. Great to being in new experience but change needs to go deeper. Only one female exec (HR) in 8 or 10 globally? There are many female role models available. Why do they not have a voice across the company? No maternity leave or paternity leave. HR has been promising updates on this topic for years. We're burning through people with talent.

Advice to Management

Squiz was a good company, a local alternative to bigger vendors that. Liners loved, but has been struggling for a while and now our clients are noticing. It's time for an honest look at Squiz. One of our Squiz DNA pillars is Start with the Why. Isolated technology cannot survive on its own. An absolute client focus must guide us. Squiz should be more connected to other tech (stop wasting 5 years on product... R&D) so we keep up with innovation. Deliver on one strategy and measure success or failure before creating another one. Listen to staff on the front lines and put their ideas into practice. They could turn this company around if you did.

Squiz2017-12-15