Squiz Reviews

Updated Jun 15, 2022

Found 161 of over 166 reviews

3.3
Squiz Founder and Board Chair  John-Paul Syriatowicz (no image)
John-Paul Syriatowicz
Pros
  • "The biggest pro at Squiz are the people that we are lucky enough to work alongside(in 21 reviews)

• "Great people, very collaborative culture(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "old tech stack (Squiz is still in the Web 2(in 23 reviews)

• "Slow decision making by senior management(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive environment and ambitious team

Jun 15, 2022 -  in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated to helping service organisations transition and transform their digital customer services. Leadership has changed regularly however there is now solid leadership and executive team in place to grow the business and nurture employees.

Cons

Working across borders can sometimes result in after hours meetings.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Dull

May 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for a first job, not for a career

Cons

Lay offs common, constant C.E.O change, uncertain future.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Big enough to have fun

Mar 20, 2022 - Technical Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being a step above the agency "sausage factory" work delivery of enterprise solutions at Squiz means the work is fun and fairly engaging.

Cons

Lots of work! Theres prob some efficiencies that can be put in place, but thats true of any company.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and overall it sounds like you are enjoying your experience which is great. We're not perfect but we're striving for big things and I hope that the current programs are answering your efficiency concerns, if not now in the future. Please don't hesitate to come and share with us some of these thoughts. Thanks again!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ambitious, yet very measured and human company

Mar 1, 2022 - Marketing Leader in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Humble, yet driven. Growth in a measured way, not at all human costs. Ambition that brings everyone along on the journey. Amazing talent and great humans. Great flexibility to work where and how you wish. Trust in your experience, not micromanagement. Humility to listen, learn and change if we need.

Cons

Rebuilding foundations to help us scale to the next level. Great for people who love solving problems and meeting new challenges - not right for those who want a perfectly manicured organisation with processes for everything ready to go.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and a great summary of the pros we want to bring to life and see across the organisation, as well as addressing the cons around scaling and the challenges that go with that, and the fact not everything is in place. We've achieved a lot in the last 6 months but plenty more to go to get where we want to be - it's quite the ride as you say and glad you are enjoying it so far!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company heading in the right direction

Feb 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Squiz finally has a multi-year strategy in place. For the first time in ages, there is a clear vision for the direction the organisation wants to head in. I've seen a lot of 'strategies' fail to be implemented in previous companies. But I feel like Squiz's strategy is being rolled out in a way that will make it digestible and easier to implement. - The company has some great people across all levels of the organisation and there is real energy emerging. People want to get feel like they are achieving, and have fun at the same time. Most of the big egos have left the organisation, making both of those things easier. - The Management team are down to earth, relatable individuals who make themselves available to all levels of employee. They are making big efforts to be more collaborative across departments, and transparent with their staff, than in previous years.

Cons

The systems and processes are a bit below par. But there are plans in place to do address them.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and glad you are having a positive experience with us. We're not perfect but we're making great inroads and are appreciative of the awesome people we have around us. We've got great programs around our systems and processes and hopefully you are witnessing some of the early improvements in this space. Thanks again!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you want a dead end to your job, join Squiz!

Mar 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

(1) You will feel great handing in your resignation. (2) Because Squiz set the bar so low, my next job felt like a paradise.

Cons

- Management writes glowing glassdoor reviews to negate what actually happens - Toxic culture. Bullying. Below market rates. - Empty promises of promotions and pay rises - You are told you can't get promoted outside of a once-yearly schedule so you hold out for a year and then get passed over because management hired close friends outside of that schedule - Promotions aren’t based on skill, they are decided on ‘gut feeling’ which means management found an excuse to hire their friends - You get ignored unless you look like you're leaving the company - Good luck getting feedback that makes any sense too - Some managers contribute no value to the business but get promoted by their friends to randomly created roles - Over-promising and still expecting us to deliver in ridiculous timeframes - Managers have no idea how long the work takes -- completely disassociated with the work on the ground - Treated like a resource rather than a person, so no chance of self-development - Might as well be a sweat shop when it comes to end of financial year. Your mental health doesn't matter if there's work to be done.

8 people found this review helpful

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for sharing your feedback and I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience at Squiz. I was disappointed to read that you felt there was a toxic, bullying culture as we certainly do not condone any behaviour of that nature. We have made a lot of progress over the last 6 months on a lot of fronts including a clear strategy and plan, better communications, full market review of our salaries and we're really honing in on our leadership education and career approach in the coming months. I hope that you see and hear about a different Squiz to the one you share here.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Intelligent people, fast moving, many changes in leadership

Feb 5, 2022 - Senior Business Development Manager in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working with some highly capable people - Work Hard / Play Hard culture - Market leading product in the Aus government space, especially in QLD

Cons

- Too many changes in leadership - Not the right people in leadership positions - Political environment. Certain departments have way too much power over others which ultimately hurts business growth and client service.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and overview of the pros you experienced while with us. We're not perfect and definitely have witnessed departmental silos and impacts of that but we're working hard to fix that and will be honing on leadership across the organisation in the coming months and I hope that you hear about the good things that happen as a result of this. Whilst I have seen our leaders get involved in sales more recently I will take the feedback to the sales teams and understand if its enough. Thanks again.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was a great company with a new vision that was only to be lost in recent years

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Squiz started off for me well back in late 2018, and although some in senior management had ambitious goals to turn the company around to a new product-focused vision, this seemed to keep getting waylaid, particularly in early 2021. At the start, I had the opportunity to implement a new system that met the Squiz's product vision, and had the opportunity to work with many talented and helpful people.

Cons

An almost complete lack of vision and poor transparency from the top. A new CEO (with seemingly great vision and goal to improve transparency throughout the company) was brought on board, but ended up leaving soon afterwards. This lack of vision lead to apathy among many staff members, and many good people resigned for better opportunities elsewhere.

8 people found this review helpful

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We've had some ups and downs and we're on a positive path forward including ensuring we are transparent, communicating with our people and keeping up to date on the progress of our key programs, including some great progress in our product. I hope this will translate into hearing about some of the positive changes through your ex-colleagues. Thanks again.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big Changes and in the right direction

Jan 11, 2022 - Product Team Member in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Squiz just over a year ago and I have seen a sea of change since. Squiz has a great culture with really kind and talented people to learn from. You can chat with leadership with confidence and they are always approachable. If you are someone who wants to use your skills to make a difference, Squiz is certainly a good fit. Squiz has an extensive list of product offerings and that brings multiple opportunities for people to explore.

Cons

Squiz is going through a healthy disruption, so a lot of focus is put to continually improve overall. No mentionable negatives I can think of here.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and I am glad that your experience has been a positive one. We certainly are going through disruption and there's a lot we are doing and can do better. I hope you continue to feel a positive part of this.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Excellent culture and office environment

Nov 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Probably the best working culture I've worked with - their hiring policy is excellent so everyone is hardworking, friendly and a team player - Very flexible working arrangements

Cons

- Some struggles with staff motivation and remote working post Covid

Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Reviews

Squiz Reviews FAQs

Squiz has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 166 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Squiz to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Squiz employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Squiz. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

57% of Squiz employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Squiz 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Squiz Job Seekers