Squiz Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2021

Found 136 of over 141 reviews

2.9
Squiz Chief Executive Officer  Rebekah O’Flaherty   (no image)
Rebekah O’Flaherty
Pros
  • "Great people who care, interesting clients(in 11 reviews)

• "flexible working hours(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some very very talented people who were sadly let down by senior management(in 9 reviews)

• "High staff turnover mostly related to the two items listed above(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great people

May 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, very friendly, smart, fun.

Cons

Tech stack could be updated.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

poor pay

Sep 16, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice workmate and team support

Cons

outdated technology and unreasonable kpi target

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent place to work

Aug 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good knowledgeable people around to support you

Cons

Timesheet is very micro managed

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great work colleagues

Jul 21, 2021 - NONE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with knowledgeable and smart people

Cons

Low morale and not much support for growth

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Big changes for the better

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are very talented and eager to learn and collaborate. Global company with distributed teams means you get to work with and learn from people from different backgrounds. New flexible work from home policy makes this easier to do. Change in leadership is promising. New CEO working hard to rebuild trust and culture. Increase in comms to staff and transparency is refreshing.

Cons

We’re still feeling the effects from last year's events (reorg during covid). Unclear company strategy, inconsistent comms and decision-making along with pressures of the pandemic have had a negative impact on morale. There was a lot of turnover and culture declined, although this seems to be the case in most companies. New CEO is up for the challenge to rebuild trust and culture but like most big changes, it’ll take time to see effects. New CEO also means changes in staff. They seem practical from a business perspective but sad for those directly affected. Will affect morale in the short-term until trust/culture rebuilt.

Continue reading

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback, I think you have really articulated the positives and the challenges as well. No organisation facing changes is without its challenges, and I'm glad you are seeing value in what is being done to build up the business, demonstrate trust and reignite culture as we continue to grow.

6. 4.0

Great, smart people

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, very collaborative culture

Cons

Could put more focus into branding

7. 4.0

Good people, interesting work

Jun 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really like the people, and the work is interesting and always varied. The company seems to support/be flexible with staff. People seem to care about their work.

Cons

Sometimes hectic, but overtime isn't expected/culturally accepted. Internal comms probably needs some work, just like every company.

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks, the people have always been a true positive for Squiz, and really glad you're experiencing that care about work which ultimately brings good results. Your points around internal comms are definitely valid and we're hoping that the regular town halls and activities around our strategy will help with this aspect. If you do have suggestions, then please do reach out. I'd be interested in more context around your comment around overtime. If you're up for it, please do put in some time to chat. Thanks again, Helen

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Work Life balance

Jun 10, 2021 - Account Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and very supportive management Squiz is supportive of work life balance.

Cons

Product release and upgrade need to be aligned.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People & Culture

Thanks for your review and am so glad you had a positive experience of our culture, felt supported, and experienced the work-life balance we value. As we continue to evolve products and do our migration, the upgrade and release cycles are continuously improving.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Company that has struggled to keep up with the times

Jun 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had a fairly easy vibe in the office, only real good thing was the people employees working there

Cons

below market salary, unequal treatment of regional offices, discriminination amongst departments.

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People and Culture Officer

Thanks for your feedback and apologies for the delay in responding to you. We're working really hard to focus on breaking down silos across the organisation at both office and divisional levels. We have changed our operating model to be global and like any change, there are some wobbles as we embed this, however, we're on track and the right path to where we want to head.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Read reviews before considering..

Jun 29, 2021 - Sales in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent base salaries, especially considering the expectations around output/work.

Cons

Squiz review; If you’re reading this it’s because you’re considering employment with Squiz. Firstly, you’re already a step ahead of most for doing your research. I’d highly suggest spending some time reading the reviews here, looking for common themes/trends, as this is the best way of deciphering biased or ill intended posts from those who are sharing their real experiences for the benefit of others. What you must know; - The business is largely split into commerical and services (the result of being a digital agency for 20+ years who have recently decided to try their hand at SaaS). The experiences between the two will differ greatly. My points are related predominantly to the commerical side. There are some good people in services, however even they are beginning to feel the consequences of the culture. - Staff turnover - is overwhelmingly high e.g longest serving employee in APAC sales team has been there 6 months. Senior management/recruitment will try and convince you that this was a necessary step from transitioning towards saas. Dive deeper, reach out to ex employees, ask for stats around turnover etc. - With the significant staff turnover, brings about constant change in direction/strategy/leadership. Things will change abruptly with little notice, consideration, planning, justification and most importantly, data. - Accountability and transparency do not exist in the business. Very few people come into the office or do much work at all (widely known and discussed) which sounds good as you’ve got almost complete autonomy, until you realise this leads to very poor performance and morale. - Fairly directly related to the points above, the culture is one of uncertainty, frustration and inaction. Almost all people in the commerical side of the business are actively looking elsewhere. One of the only things keeping them there is the fact that they’re quite easily able to do little to no work for a fairly reasonable salary. - The product isn’t at all where it needs to be in the market. It’s very expensive, labour intensive and only offers some value to specific industries it’s been built for. This mainly impacts those in sales, as commissions are non existent and in turn leads to little to no job security. Given the length of this review, you’d expect I’ve highlighted every issue, however unfortunately these are only the major issues I’ve decided to share and it’s only scratching the surface. If you’ve read this far, I hope at the very least it helps guide your questions in the interview process. Unfortunately some of you reading this may be in a position where they need employment and would be tempted to accept a role at Squiz, despite the discussed concerns. If that is the case I empathise with you but also urge you to consider the follow on consequences if the role doesn’t work out as intended. You may find that you’re better off waiting for a role that doesn’t have a high likelihood of putting you in a worse position than you’re in now. Best of luck and I hope this review was of some value.

Continue reading