Sydney Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Sydney Water

2.8

Water Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water (Sydney).

Interview

It was a 30 min skype interview with two interviewers as face to face interview was not possible to Covid 19. First they gave the general introduction about the job and then asked 4-5 some standard behavioural and technical interview questions.

Customer Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water (Liverpool) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied through their online portal mid December and received an invite for a video interview in the second week of January. The video interview was three on the spot questions with two minutes to answer each question. Each answer could be reviewed once and redone if needed. It was awkward but I succeeded through to the next round.Round 2 was an assessment centre held the following week at the SW office. The AC was four different areas of assessment starting at 9.50 (scheduled for 9.30am) with no definitive finish time. I had my photo taken immediately when I arrived with no mention as to why.The assessments were team activity, mock calls, a word, excel and grammar test and finally a one on one with 8 different managers/staff who asked one question each, some of them i had not seen all day. The AC went for 5 hours all up with each assessment followed by a wait time for the next one.The wait times were the breaks. Chips, lollies and bicuits provided for refreshments. I personally thought the process start to finish was IMO excessive as it was only for 6 months on a fixed term contract.I did not make the next round which was the background checking and I wasn't too sad when I got my rejection email late January. The video and AC experience in itself was a character building one.

Production Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water (Sydney) in November 2019.

Interview

I was called in for a face to face interview . I was given the question before the interview with 5 mins to prepare. The interview panel was very pleasant and made me feel as comfortable as possible. Then a week later was told I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sydney Water.

Interview

Behavioural and technical questions, three rounds- one with Manager, one with stakeholder and one with skip level. Clear role description, great location in Parramatta, prompt response from HR. Accepted the offer, versatile role, great organisation to work for and super work life balance. Good digital projects in pipeline, strong emphasis on training and upskilling

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Water.

Interview

Resume, online video interview, psychometric assessment and AC. Pretty standard, nothing too different from other firms. The video interview is short compared to some of the other big firms.

Very typical behavioural questions such as give examples of when you demonstrated good safety, when did you put your faith into somebody else, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name, degree, year of graduate, why did you choose Syd Water?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Traineeship Interview

Interview

Online Interview which consisted for about 4 questions.

30 seconds to one minute for planning and then roughly two minutes or one to answer.

Online interview process took about 12 minutes overall so very short with little breaks

Interview Questions

• Can't remember anything specific now but mainly just general behavioural questions   Answer Question

Scheme Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water (Sydney) in February 2018.

Interview

Formal, structured, almost staged for preselected candidate. Recruiter seemed knowledgeable but not involved in the interview panel. The interview panel was the temporary manager and two acting persons in other roles.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - What is your strongest attribute, weakest attribute, etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sydney Water.

Interview

The application process was very standard where the initial application process involved CV and cover letter submission with a few short written responses. Video interview had 7 questions which involved discussing your motivation, suitability for the job, why you chose Sydney Water, discussing your greatest achievement, demonstrating safety and demonstrating leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have demonstrated safety in the workplace   Answer Question

Graduate Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water (Sydney) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite straightforward. I was interviewed by 1 of the managers, along with someone from HR. They asked a mixture of behavioural and situational questions, along with the standard 'your strengths, weaknesses, values etc. Overall the interview lasted 40 minutes.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sydney Water in November 2016.

Interview

Internal process - apply for position via turbo recruit website. Normally CV and cover letter. Advised of interview with appointment. Regular interview with 2-3 people. Both behaviour and skill based questions.

Interview Questions

• With the changing environment of our company how would you manage the changes and still deliver on outcomes required?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.