Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Workday Interview Questions

Interviews at Workday

2.8

Senior Director, Product Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Internal referral led to online application request. After a week got a call from the recruiter where we talked about my experience and expectation for the role. This was followed by 45 minutes after a week and virtual onsite interviews with few VP and SVPs. All the interviewers were really good and knew what they were looking for. After 2 weeks got a phone call from the recruiter with the outcome.
    Overall the experience was really good and I must say recruiter was awesome. She communicated really well throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Market trends and latest technology trends in the area of expertise.   Answer Question

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied and got reply from recruiter on sameday (This is the only good part ). Didn't expect that one of the top 50 companies would treat applicants so bad like this ! They didn't give me feedback until 10 days after interview.

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Had two interviews, first phone with HR rep. Next interview was with hiring manager. Both people were extremely nice and open. Felt comfortable during the interview and questions. Main questions were around my background and how I saw myself in their open role.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Workday?   1 Answer

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)).

Interview

Technical screen via phone for about 30 mins and onsite interview followed. Onsite interview consisted of 4 to 5 people for half a day and depending on the interviewer, technical depth was different. After the onsite interview, received offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Some of OWASP top 10 issues   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went fairly well. I was told I would receive a follow-up email within a few days of interviewing. After following up with the recruiter about my application status (and receiving no response), 2 weeks later I got an automated email that they were pursuing others for the role. I'm disappointed that for a company that prides itself on its culture and openness, I was left in the dark for 2 weeks after interviewing, and when I reached out, I got no response. The automated email so long after the initial interview was disappointing, not because I was not moving forward, but because of the lack of communication and incredibly long wait time. I would advise the recruiting team to rework their application process and make sure they stay communicative with potential hires. As someone who has lead recruiting and interview processes before, I recommend Workday not wait two weeks with no additional communication to send results.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite part about social media?   1 Answer
    • What's something you require in your next role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Workday in February 2020.

Interview

The interviews themselves were fine, of which there were three, but the gaps between communications was long, two months at the longest. I began to think they had ghosted me.

Associate Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in February 2020.

Interview

Two zoom interviews. The first was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral. The technical interview was supposed to include a short coding challenge but I had a software engineering internship the previous summer so they asked more why I want to work in security questions instead.
    The second interview was with the manager of the team and was very chill. We chatted about CTFs and our interest in security.

Interview Questions

• What is your involvement in your clubs?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in security?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for a position with the Workday Next team.

I had two interviews. The first interview was a technical phone screen. Basic understanding of data structures will get you through this part. I would not expect anything more challenging than binary trees. For each problem, you were also asked to write your I/O handling and test cases.

The second interview was a 45 minute behavioral phone interview. This was more difficult than the technical phone screen. My interviewer emphasized that cultural fit is very important for Workday, so I would try to study Workday's values and make sure you are able to speak to them in your answers.

Interview Questions

• Given a text file, find the 10 most common words in the dictionary.   1 Answer
    • Implement a singly linked list.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between yourself and a colleague.   Answer Question
    • What is your approach when you learn a new technology or programming language?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience at this position on your resume. What is something you wish you could have done differently at this position if you knew what you know now?   Answer Question

Director, Talent Programs & Coordination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. We set up a call for a few days later to discuss the role.

Our initial phone conversation lasted about an hour, which flew by. I was able to share a lot about my background and learn a lot about the role and Workday culture. At the end of the call, the recruiter told me she'd like for me to speak with the hiring manager next.

I had a 45 min video call with the hiring manager a week after my initial call with the recruiter. I was really impressed with the hiring manager; the conversation flowed easily, and we built a nice rapport and were easily transparent with each other. I left that conversation feeling very excited about the opportunity & Workday overall.

10 days after my chat with the HM, the recruiter reached out to tell me that they wanted someone with a bit more experience for the role we'd been exploring; this was very fair feedback, and I wasn't too surprised. The recruiter added, though, that they'd like to continue conversations for other potential opportunities, and I was thrilled. I told the recruiter that I'd love to continue conversations as well. I didn't hear back, so followed up a couple of weeks later, and never heard back from the recruiter. It's disappointing because I was (and still am) genuinely interested in the company and opportunities there.

New Hire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Great Interviews with many upbeat and genuine people; however, there was an unnaturally long Process Time (4 month interview process) for the entire process of interviewing. 4 rounds of interviewing: 2 people on campus, 5 people on big interview day, 1 person as final, and HR conversation. approximately 3-4 weeks between each interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.