Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Information Technology Interview Questions

Information technology interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Technical interview questions: Part 1: Write a program that sorts the following shapes: triangle, square, circle. Part 2: Extend your solution so that it supports subtypes of shapes such as right-angled triangles, ovals etc. Was asked how I'd test the program, and if I felt it was an optimal solution. Follow up questions for technical interview: Which language do you use? Why? How do you keep up to date with technology?

2 Answers

Worked through a potential solution on a whiteboard. Asked questions to the interviewers to prompt requirements, but very few/vague responses were given (e.g., Q: "How am I given this data?" A: "How do you think you're given the data"). I felt the interviewers were not very assistive and didn't try supporting me when I was clearly under stress. Gave me negative remarks such as "we'll give you enough rope to hang yourself with" which was a pretty derogatory and unprofessional thing to say in an interview, I think. So I had to base my solution on assumptions using functional programming approaches. Ran through importing data via JSON format, what that format would be, how I would validate it and group the data together. They suggested by "sort" they meant "group by" and that I had to deal with the vagueness of the question. Was quizzed why I didn't choose a object-oriented solution. Explained that the problem was pretty small and trivial to require a large-scale object-oriented approach, but nonetheless I went through how it could work if it were OO.

I scored around 70% in this and no luck either.

For my background check?

1 Answer

Most difficult and unexpected question was, what will motivate you when you have mundane work? The business case study was an inbox of emails which had to be prioritised and answered before leaving for holiday in 1 hour. It was based on a real life situation where there was a leaking oil pipe and requests to have it fixed from various stakeholders and a government department because of safety, financial, and environmental costs. Your outcome had to be presented to the GMs interviewing you.

How did you discover CGI

1 Answer

We looking someone to manage our movement into a new office, How would you move in-house applications?

1 Answer

A number of general questions regarding previous projects, how they benefit the business, questions regarding various aspects of running a multi site environment - not all specific to I.T

1 Answer

the key questions were around my capability and expertise on tender bids for a networking solutions

1 Answer

Can you relate your experience to this role?

1 Answer

Whats your sales methodology?

Lots of scenario questions