Site reliability engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Site reliability engineer Interview Questions

site reliability engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

what are 4 methods of http?

2 Answers

not very well

Hi, as a Google employee, I’ve created an interview prep guide that got many people into Google, based on my and my friends' interview experiences. You can find it here: interviewjoy.com/services/interview-process-details/google-manager-interview-questions-answers/ (please do not forget to check the reviews on that page to read my customers' comments). Good luck!

Describe one problem you solved and how you went about solving it.

2 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

During the first call, I was prompted at first with very basic questions about operating system and networking, then in went deeper on questions like: "what happen if you type telnet www.google.com", the questions within this one ranged from "tell me the process uses the OS to create that connection" to "how the data travels through the internet to reach the target server". The second call went even deeper in troubleshooting Linux, web servers, dns, load balancing, IP, routing and so on. Also, the recruiter asked me to code some python and bash scripts in order to solve some problems made for that interview

Parse a IPv4 address using RegEx

1 Answer

Transmute one word to another by the shortest path of 1-letter changes through a path of actual words.

1 Answer

Find all files with the same file data and link them up.

1 Answer

Basic CTCI style questions - mostly around data structures System design question with lots of maths and 'numbers everyone computer scientist should know'

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

1. When would you not use HTTP/HTTPS?

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Q: Deep dive questions about IP packets, ICMP, DNS from your computer - whole process. Switching on computer, whole process of boot up, what is process, threads. Runlevels, and irrelevant questions about data center stuff.

What happens when you type google.com into your browser?

110 of 14 Interview Questions