2evolve Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 3 March 2019

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Management and team leaders are really supportive," (in 10 reviews)

• "This company has an excellent vibe through ugh the the workplace, it is so much better than what I would have expected from a call centre" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can be stressful for some people and it doesnt suit everyone, high turnover because of this" (in 6 reviews)

• "Massive turn over in call centre but that comes down to people not hitting the targets given to them" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing staff, super fun call centre!"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sydney
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A brilliant atmosphere within the call centre with lots of backpackers who are always up for a laugh. A fantastic training process with the fabulous Raymond. All senior staff being super approchable! Plus targets are easy to hit and theres plenty of incentives to keep you motivated. There's also plenty of opportunities to progress, I've been here 8 weeks and have already managed to climb the ladder to shift leader all thanks to Hayleys amazing managment!

Cons

The challanges of working here are the same as all call centres, you need to be ready for a fast paced enviroment.

2. "fundraiser"

Former Employee - Fundraiser in Sydney
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the kitchen and the location

Cons

the hours and the pressure

"I would give it 0 starts if I could"

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Sydney
    Current Employee - Field Marketing in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time hours, can’t think of anything else

Cons

I would give it 0 stars if I could
    Waited for my last pay to make this review (which was held anyways because of a $20 hat that I never received)
    Where should I start?
    • Bullying
    •. Racism
    •. Hire and fire every week
    •. Poor management
    •. Poor training
    Do you want a stressful and toxic environment? Do you want to get worried about getting fired every day and top of that have a rude team leader yelling and swearing at you on the phone? Then this is the job for you!
    And no, don’t even think of complaining because they will sweep it under the rug and push you out of the door.
    Completely disgusting company, by far the worst I have ever worked for.

"Unrealistic expectations, disrespectful rude boss"

I worked at 2evolve full-time

Pros

Good pay. Nice to be in the sun if you like being outdoors all day.

Cons

Boss intends to intimidate, not motivate, new recruits from day one. Asked me to work unpaid after my shift ended having just been fired - never heard of such a thing.
    Fires people for being slightly off the target number of signatures after less than a week. Told off coworker for having a quick drink of water having been out in the sun for hours, then also encourages us to drink lots of water. Very contradictory and confusing man. Similar instances throughout the short time I was working for them. For a company that fundraises for human rights, it has very little compassion and empathy for those who are new to the job and trying their best. I was told millennials were lazy and entitled having just worked unpaid throughout all my breaks without food. I did this because I was motivated to hit my target, not because I was pushed. But this was not recognised and instead I was given this spiel by my boss. Unnecessary and inappropriate. Was also told by the boss that other team members had been 'talking about' me and that one had said 'I can't believe she's still here' - this is after I'd only been there several days and wasn't far off my target. Again, inappropriate as well as unprofessional.

Advice to Management

If you want to reach the ideal number of signatures/donations, do not have such high expectations for new starters. Encourage rather than intimidate, or else the word will spread that this is not a good company - people you fire within a few days leave and tell people other potential recruits not to bother because very few people will meet those standards immediately. This company is shooting itself in the foot and losing out on people who would potentially bring a lot of money to the charities it fundraises for.

"A joke"

I have been working at 2evolve full-time

Pros

The charities we work for our great but being through them is awful

Cons

They constantly breath down your necks, calling you on your breaks having a go

"Telefundraiser"

Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Sydney
    Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch if you hit your daily targets

Cons

No bonuses or commissions, free lunches ONLY if you hit daily targets. Cheap lunches, no fries

Advice to Management

Undertake some form of sales training to new staff and ask your workers where they think they might shine, recruiters sometimes can determine where the right fit is for you, however the salesperson knows for certain whether they suite acquisitions, reactivations etc. rather than where they're placed on a whim, especially by people who have 0 sales experience.

6 Nov 2018 – Business Partner

We have numerous incentive schemes to keep things fun and reward staff including lunches, vouchers, team activities, monthly drinks and bonuses.
    Also in regards to what programs you are allocated... More

"Absolutely shocking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made some nice friends. That's literally it.

Cons

- Quite possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. The hours are shocking & the management is even worse. They do not know how to manage! If you miss a couple of days of not hitting KPIs you get taken into a room & told they will let you get the next day if you don't perform. It's ridiculous and they love a power trip! If you displace a call wrong, then you will know about it. Pathetic. I was there 1 month & saw 4 people get fired for stupid reasons. They have dedicated 'trainers' who don't even train you properly. They sit and listen in on your calls whilst pretending to care. Don't do it to yourself.

Advice to Management

Stop taking advantage of backpackers.

6 Nov 2018 – Business Partner

Just to clarify the hours are 12noon to 8pm Mon to Thursday and 10am to 6pm Fridays. The hours are on all our advertisements and discussed during the recruitment process so if they were not... More

8. "Love working at this place!"

Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Surry Hills
    Current Employee - Telefundraiser in Surry Hills

Pros

Since starting at 2evolve have been made to feel like part of the family since day one. The people working here are awesome and really make coming into work enjoyable. You get a lot praise for the good job you do with awards every month and constant recognition of good work. Also a lot of ways in which you can advance within the company if you work hard and bring positivety you will be rewarded for this. Would recomend this place for anyone who has an upbeat and positive personality because you will go far here with those two things.

Cons

No cons for myself personally as have not encountered any problems here myself since starting, like i say great place to work.

16 Sep 2018 – Business Partner

Thanks for taking to time to share you experience and glad to hear you are enjoying working at 2evolve!

"meh"

Former Employee - Trainee Fundraiser in Sydney
    Former Employee - Trainee Fundraiser in Sydney

I worked at 2evolve part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

people are wonderful great team

Cons

unethical coaching vs actual work is unrealistic

Advice to Management

keep team leaders happy

16 Sep 2018 – Business Partner

There is not a lot of details in your review but I agree, we do have a wonderful team. Not sure what you mean by unethical coaching as we do lot of training on ethical fundraising and also provide... More

"Great company, culture, people!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Officer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Recruitment Officer in Sydney

I have been working at 2evolve part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The excellent, diverse group of people in the company is one of the best things about it; there's some good representation across age groups, cultures, personalities, and it's great to see everyone come together every day
    - There's tons of support around, whether you work in the corporate side of the office or in the call centre, and it's great that we have HR as well, to whom any grievances can be taken - many companies I've worked with in the past that have had more employees didn't have HR, and it makes a huge difference.
    - My interview process was very clear and honest, setting realistic expectations of the role
    - Regular development and team meetings
    - The charities that the company represents are amazing, and the fundraisers do great work on their behalf

Cons

I honestly can think of nothing!

Advice to Management

It's all going exactly as I was told in my interview, so I do appreciate that.
    More office-wide social activities would be nice, to bring the corporate and call centre halves of the company closer, but I'm nitpicking here.

23 May 2018 – Business Partner

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions. I agree about more regular company wide activities. We have done a lot of fun runs, triathalons etc in the past but need to understand what activities our... More