ADP Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

3,123 Ratings

6,464 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Hard to sometimes have a work life balance" (in 214 reviews)

• "Way too many meetings during the day that the evenings is the only time to actually do your work so no work/life balance" (in 65 reviews)

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales Learning in Brisbane
    Current Employee - Sales Learning in Brisbane

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A focused company with a great Sales culture, with good opportunities to move internally both within Australia and across the Globe.

Cons

Overall salary package for sales good, low car allowance in a country where running a car is very expensive, so this should be reviewed.

23 Apr 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your insights into the ADP Australia culture. #workhappy

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mascot
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mascot

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company and culture. Career path with opportunities to grow within the organisation. Opportunities to learn with a focus on development, both personally and technically

Cons

The black out periods - not being able to take leave during these periods, sometimes these coincide with school holidays.

30 Jul 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your thorough and intriguing review with us on Glassdoor.

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Data Processor in Sydney
    Former Employee - Data Processor in Sydney

I worked at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros at all except certain other staff who feel as I do.

Cons

They treat their clients' employees like crap. Pays are always processed later and later, which is awful when people are relying on them. There is no consideration for these people at all.

Advice to Management

Pull your socks up.

9 Jul 2018 – Manager

Sorry to hear about your disappointing experience in your role with ADP. We appreciate your insights and appreciate you taking the time to review ADP.

4. "Excellent opportunities to progress you career"

Current Employee - Manager in Mulgrave
    Current Employee - Manager in Mulgrave

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

ADP nurtures talent effectively through its associate and leadership training programs. The team is very supportive and the leadership has done great work to focus on its clients and people. As with any business, there are challenges and opportunities and at ADP the leadership team addresses the challenges effectively and endeavours to seize opportunities as they present themselves.

Cons

Product is a bit dated which creates challenges, however, these are being addressed by the leadership team.

Advice to Management

Continue with your great efforts to simplify, innovate and grow the business as you focus on clients and people.

7 May 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the great review of our Australia location. #workhappy!

5. "ADP Review"

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Great working culture and people, and the location is great.

Cons

Benefits are quite limited here.

19 Mar 2018 – Manager

Thank you for the positive review. #workhappy

6. "ADP Australia needs help"

Current Employee - Senior Payroll Officer in Mulgrave
    Current Employee - Senior Payroll Officer in Mulgrave

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not too many pros. It really depends on the department where you work. If Sales, then they seem to be happy as they are incentivised and their leadership seems to be okay. Everyone else has challenges.

Cons

Payroll servicing and processing has been run into the ground and its people treated with little respect. Middle management do their best but senior management really have personal agendas which is not good. Far too many people continue to leave the company and this is a sign that life in general at ADP is challenging.

Advice to Management

Culture change is required. Change in senior leadership is desperately needed. They need to be held accountable for the damage they have done.

12 Mar 2018 – Manager

We appreciate your insights into the Australia workplace and will share your feedback with our Talent Acquisition teams.

7. "Too lean"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at ADP full-time

Pros

Good location if you live out in the suburbs
    Good work life balance

Cons

Too much is expected from too few
    Unrealistic expectations from Management of IT

18 Dec 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback and review of ADP Melbourne. Your insight are appreciated as we expand into new locations.

8. "Australia"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mulgrave
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mulgrave

I have been working at ADP full-time

Pros

The pros associated with working at ADP Australia are currently very limited as the executive leadership team has done a good job of making this company one of the worst places anyone could wish to work.

Cons

When so many employees leave a company over an extended period of time it is a symptom of something very wrong with the company. ADP Australia executive leadership would like everyone to believe that the people leaving are not fit to work at ADP but this cannot be the case when there have been so many departures. If this is not an obvious sign that the executive team is not up to the task then there is really no hope for the Australian office of ADP.

Advice to Management

Harvey Weinstein and many others in Hollywood have been outed for what they really are and it is time that the same applies to the ADP Australia executive group. Harvey messed with the lives of many people and so does ADP. The days when this type of behaviour is allowed to continue really must come to an end.

5 Dec 2017 – Project Specialist

Hello and thank you for providing your insight into your experience working for ADP. ADP values creating and maintaining a workplace where employees are treated fairly and work in a professional... More

"Australian ADP - Not good to its clients or employees"

Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Mulgrave
    Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Mulgrave

I worked at ADP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Office is in the suburbs

Cons

ADP Australia is the worst company I have ever worked for. This is not an isolated view as it has been echoed by other employees. The focus on having a very lean headcount has really impacted the quality of service and also resulted in very unhappy ADP employees. The executive team talks a lot but seems incapable of actually understanding what the issues are and no meaningful action is ever taken.

Advice to Management

Maybe head office ADP executives should randomly call ADP Australia clients and understand what is going on in Australia. It is not good news. There really needs to be more accountability at the top. Please.

20 Nov 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this important feedback in our Australia location. We will share with our HR leaders.

"Hugely ironic organisation."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ADP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Trainer is amazing
    Direct manager is great
    Flexibility to some degree
    iPad
    Laptop
    Phone

Cons

Hugely ironic organisation. Supposed to be the expert in talent acquisition and retention yet fail at it themselves? Disparate systems, reliant on excel for pricing, no real nurturing of prospects or even new employees.

Split deals for new starters meaning you essentially pay for your own tuition.

Arrogant high flyers who are selfish and not want to help you

Data processed in India - sales people advised to say processed in Australia

They will be sneaky - be careful

If you are looking at joining ask why employee turnover is so high

Payroll products have not evolved - too pricey

Can't take leave in August
    Can't take leave in June
    Forced 2 week annual leave in December

Base is low

Evening coaching calls 8pm? Really?

Revolving door - sales associates leaving - tonnes of manual paperwork, poor interdepartmental communication, bullying, ridiculous targets - initial training is good, teach you how to sell payroll emotionally although not much training on the product, numerous sales tools.

Advice to Management

QBRs? Really? POV? Nobody uses it!

Just teach the product/s and then teach us your sales methodologies not the other way round

14 Aug 2017 – Project Specialist

Thank you for this valuable insights. We will share with our HR and Sales teams.

Showing 6,464 of 6,728 reviews