78% would recommend to a friend
(3060 total reviews)
89% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits good and reasonable for employee" (in 278 reviews)
- "The salary is good and used to be above average" (in 216 reviews)
- "Great culture and world class work environment" (in 165 reviews)
- "Great people and working envirnoment" (in 159 reviews)
- "The pay was good and the people were really helpful." (in 106 reviews)
- "The only negative thing about BAT is that there's no work/life Balance at all!" (in 170 reviews)
- "Poor management and buddy system." (in 74 reviews)
- "Late working hours 100% remote work (I love the hybrid model) Less marketing exposure due to regulation" (in 55 reviews)
- "Long hours it’s hard to take a break" (in 35 reviews)
- "No career progression and feeling stuck" (in 34 reviews)
Found 3,060 of over 6K reviews
Updated 2 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.07 Mar 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSydney
Focus on diversity, spots and promotes deserving talents fast, focus on employee well being, great benefits
Declining category, high pace of change, continued global downsizing
- 3.030 Oct 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMelbourne
Pay is better than most
No one works as s team and most work harder to not work than tjey do working, most fake it till they make it.
- 4.021 Sept 2023Trade Marketing RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsSydney
Diversity and inclusion are very popular. Bright and new emerging beyond tobacco category's are exciting.
Reduced autonomy, with a more universal activity based process.
- 4.015 Aug 2023Trade Marketing RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAustralind
Excellent training Excellent resources Great way to start off your career Great benefits , bonuses byod
Very fast paced sometimes Lots of snooty young grads in head office Declining industry
- 2.031 July 2023Trade Marketing RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsQueensland Islands
Great colleagues Autonomy Decent Salary Good on CV Current vehicle
Upper/Middle management out of touch with field. Lack of Strategic planning Terrible product launches Limited ability to progress unless mobile Honest feedback taken as negativity
- 1.017 Jan 2023Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMelbourne
Provided company vehicle for the role i am in which i can also use for personal needs
- Toxic environment and management - I’ve seen firsthand people getting fired without any warning even no serious mistake was made - Bully and egomaniac managers. One instance where a manager deliberately told us “we’re all just a number” in the company - they have this internal competition where they reward cash to an employee who could have the most people sign the petition such as to legalize nicotine vaping products - micro management - cant expect career growth in a company with declining market - low pay for the work required
- 4.017 Apr 2023Market Research ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSydney
I enjoyed working with the people there. One of the most diverse places I have worked at.
Didn’t enjoy tobacco as an industry
- 2.07 Oct 2021Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Some interesting problems to solve which challenges you Above statutory super Good events Immediate Team is always there to support you
No recognition for hard work and people who actually deliver Only way to climb up the ladder is to suck up to the leadership and agreeing to everything they say even if it is wrong Diversity and inclusion in australia is just PR and there is no action for this - just forcing people to hire different nationalities is not D&I Great amount of bias exists in every aspect, if you are not a yes man. HR has no idea about the issue th employees have as they are busy schmoozing the leadership to save their job and the favorites of leadership Unnecessary strategy shifts or challenges created by leadership even when not required - no willingness to hear a different view point No work life balance - expectations are completely off the charts. trade leadership is ruining the place and the culture is extremely toxic across the organisation (there are some functions which are really good) Most of the leadrship does not have any experience or skill and are there beause of who they know - People connections and politics are more imporant than skills and delivery Performing employees are often seen as a threat by the immature leadership Too many folks have had their glowing careers outside of BAT clipped once they join BAT and only way to get that back on track is to leave5
BAT Reviews FAQs
BAT has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 5,572 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at BAT to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
78% of BAT employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BAT 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.