GenMark Diagnostics Reviews

2.6
GenMark Diagnostics President and CEO Scott Mendel
Scott Mendel
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Bagel Wednesday/Free soda/Free food at quarterly meeting(in 9 reviews)

• "Free Soda, Lot of nice friendly people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover rate as well so it's hard to get long-term goals accomplished when the people you coordinate with leave every 6-18 months(in 9 reviews)

• "Small company and has its growing pains(in 9 reviews)

1. "Exciting times-helping w Covid tests"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meaningful work-cool product-really improve lives of patient

Cons

Busy but for good reason

GenMark Diagnostics2020-04-20

April 22, 2020HR Business Partner

Thank you for your kind words. We greatly appreciate it and we appreciate your efforts. We couldn't do what we do without you. Keep up the good work.

2. "Great Upside"

4.0
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlsbad, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for less than a year

Pros

The current culture is great

Cons

Growing pains during the transition period.

GenMark Diagnostics2020-02-25

February 28, 2020HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you are enjoying the new culture. We have more fantastic changes coming this year. Thank you for your partnership and support!! We are glad to have you on the team.

"Delayed pay check"

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics

Pros

Good rate...free food most of the time.

Cons

No annual bonus,no christmas party this year and nothing for employees this Christmas..

GenMark Diagnostics2019-12-02

December 4, 2019HR Business Partner

We are sorry you feel this way, please feel free to contact HR if you would like to discuss further.

"Move along"

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of nice people

Cons

Favoritism over competence across many departments. If you are a fun person, have a good sense of humor, manipulative, attractive or all four, you will go far at Genmark. You do not have to be an expert or even highly knowledgeable in your area because having a fun-factor and loyalty to your supervisor is all that matters at Genmark. If you are smart, hard working, a strong contributor, accountable and ethical, you will be marginalized and taken advantage of. A CYA toxic culture prevails at GenmarkDx.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-11-06

December 4, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed this hasn't been brought up to your HR Business Partner. Please reach out to HR to discuss the specifics of your complaint. The fair treatment of all employees is our priority. You are a valued member of our organization and your feedback is important to us, please reach out to your Manager or HR to discuss your concerns. Our doors are open to you.

"Horrible Company due to poor leadership"

I worked at GenMark Diagnostics full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

The company leaders are driving the business into the ground and do not know how to manage or create a healthy working environment.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-10-21

December 4, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are interested in your feedback and are always striving to improve our work environment. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

"Worst Company to work for"

Current Employee - Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Soda, Lot of nice friendly people

Cons

Poor management. Favoratism, Supervisors are unfriendly and unprofessional. Leads are dump and unexperienced and its nowhere to find when you need them. They are being picked and assigned by Supervisors not my experienced or intelligence but by favoratism. One Lead wear dark glasses all the time and caught many times sleeping and playing games in his phone. Not wearing ESD sshoe strap either.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-09-05

September 9, 2019Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed this hasn't been brought up to the HR Business Partner for operations. Please reach out to Rebecca to discuss the specifics of your complaint. The fair treatment of all employees is our priority. Regarding the selection of Leads; the company has an open interview process. Anyone interested in a Lead position is allowed to apply. There is a formal set of interviews and discussions about each internal candidate before a final selection is made. The interview panel consists of several levels of management, HR and cross functional departments that will be interacting with the Leads. You are a valued member of our organization and your feedback is important to us, please reach out to your Manager or HR to discuss your concerns. Our doors are open to you.

"Worst decision ever to except a position there."

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Carlsbad, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some good people, bagels

Cons

Management is the worst, if you are not in the inner circle you do not matter. HR has no respect for the employees only watching the associate directors back. Who is such a micro manager who looks for the worst in his people. Does not even care when an employee's child is sick, or injured. Only cares about his own butt. Keeps little notes to be little his own supervisors, unless you are the chosen one.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-08-15

August 28, 2019Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to speak up about your experience at GenMark. I am disappointed you left feeling like you didn’t have an impartial resource. We have an HR Business Partner set up that allows the HR department to be flexible with the employee support, because we know the employee/employer relationship is invaluable. We will ensure the employees know it is ok to ask for a new resource. Also, we have recently implemented additional management training and I am sorry you will not be here to experience the changes. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors. - Vice President of Human Resources

"Favoritism"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than a year

Pros

-free soda -fres bagel every Wednesday

Cons

-1st shift lead have favoritism -lead doesn't train you if your not his favorite -lead play with the operators and chitchat by the time of work and doesn't care with hourly numbers -no team work -to much complain -taking long breaks -they don't see the operators who worked hard -lead doesn't know anything but takes the credit -making side comments -lazy operators are the one got promoted and acknowledged because their good in talking but not in working

GenMark Diagnostics2019-06-08

June 12, 2019Sr. Operational HR Leader

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We take the claim of favoritism very seriously. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner or Manager. We would like to understand fully what is happening and resolve the situation immediately. We are striving for a first class workplace and are currently developing tools for Leadership training. We are also actively interviewing for a few new Leads and we want to understand what is working and not working so we can improve. Thank you again for your comments, please reach out to your HR Business Partner, Rebecca.

"You’d be insane to join such a company run by incompetent management made of ex Ventanna employees"

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics

Pros

Cool technology that compared to competition is a years late and a dollar$ short.

Cons

Porsche driving management that’s clueless. Products that competition just smacks around bc they’re extremely late to the game. Most of management ex-Ventanna. 0 autonomy as reps to close a deal bc every deal is so complex and custom that only management can close. Not enough products to sell. Horrible commissions out side of probably 3 reps. Micro managers, micro managers, micro managers. Company is ran like a mom and pop business....Ugh!

GenMark Diagnostics2019-06-19

July 9, 2019HR Manager

We take every review seriously and highly encourage you to reach out to your Human Resources Business Partner to specifically discuss your feedback and ideas for improvement.

"Exciting technologies platform"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at GenMark Diagnostics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can be trained as cross-functional. Very good company to start with. Very good health benefits.

Cons

Management style was quite sales driven. Salary can be lower than average.

GenMark Diagnostics2019-03-21

March 25, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are working diligently to be an employer of choice. We welcome your feedback. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner to discuss any concerns. We will ensure to address them.

Found 83 reviews