LEAP Dev Reviews

Updated May 11, 2022

Found 25 of over 26 reviews

4.7
LEAP Dev CEO Mark Burgess (no image)
Mark Burgess
  1. 5.0

Best job I've ever had!

May 11, 2022 - Integrations Support Specialist in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great compensation & benefits! Hands-off management approach (no micromanaging), lots of knowledge sharing. Regular team lunches, after-work drinks, boat days, free gym membership, flexible WFH arrangements, all help to foster an environment where the employee feels supported & trusted to do their best work & have fun doing it!

Cons

I have not experienced & observed any cons.

2. 5.0

Best dev company in Sydney

Apr 11, 2022 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Boat days, free gym membership, high flexibility and no micro managing what else could you want.

Cons

No cons that come to mind.

3. 5.0

A company that cares.

Dec 26, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people to work with, culture is put at the forefront of everything they do which is unheard of. Benefits like free gym, boat trips, etc.. are very nice!

Cons

No real cons so far.

4. 5.0

Love working here

Dec 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel like I'm part of a team here, even more than just my direct team. The people are so great to work with and we're given a lot of autonomy over our work which is a breath of fresh air. There's a lot of flexibility as long as you can get your stuff done and we also have a lot of time to come together socially which is important to me.

Cons

I can't think of anything standout. Covid and the lockdowns were pretty tough but even then I was supported with anything I needed to work from home.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

True flexibility, they practise what they preach

Nov 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- True flexible working arrangements, from hours, to location, and more - A passionate team of highly skilled individuals that really know their domain - Fun social events and boat parties - Quarterly goals help keep everyone aligned and focussed - A sweet office with coffee, beer, and snacks galore!

Cons

- A bit harder to get to know people remotely, but that's a reflection of remote work not the company per se, as everyone has been helpful and friendly - Honestly none that I can think of so far

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly & fun workplace, competitive salaries

Oct 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great team leaders - friendly coworkers - good work life balance - lots of perks - career development - provided training and certification - interesting projects - good technical challenges - provides any equipment you need - not a boring “corporate” environment, it is like a developers playground

Cons

- not many perks over Covid (guess that is difficult to control though) - not really any cons

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture: HR and Management work tirelessly to create an amazing environment that doesn't feel like work. You definitely feel valued as a person, not as a "resource". - Diversity: There is a clear effort to hire diversely and create an inclusive culture. A lot of women in management and employees from varying backgrounds. - Work/life balance: I experienced great work/life balance while working here. Management had a great approach to work, allowing flexibility and no micromanagement. - Benefits: Awesome benefits. Boat days, stocked kitchen, fun things in the common area, the adoption of a hybrid work from home/office model post-pandemic, yearly salary reviews... the list goes on. - Engaging Work: Work was interesting and engaging. There are real attempts to be innovative and creative in what's done here. - Supportive Management: Generally speaking all the managers I worked with were supportive and showed great leadership. They also appear to be listening to what the masses want from work.

Cons

Very minor cons, but: - Low starting salary: Depending on your position, you may enter on a low salary. This however is offset by yearly salary reviews and a noticeable attempt to start matching market salaries. - Base/Incentive Salary Split: At a certain point, any future salary increases are split into base (monthly take-home pay) and incentive (increased amount at the end of a quarter pending task completion). Acquiring the incentive was never really an issue, but all pay being base would make life budgeting easier.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Fantastic company to work for

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Applications Analyst in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are fantastic and every employee is valued, whatever their role. Great culture from the top down.

Cons

The only negative I've seen is sometimes there's a lack of communication. This is never intentional, and it's improving.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Apr 7, 2021 - Head of IT Operations in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

LEAP is a great place to work, with good benefits and work/life balance. Staff are trusted to get on with their job and given the responsibility and authority to get things done. This is a place where you can have an impact

Cons

I can't think of any cons

10. 5.0

Apr 8, 2021 - Software Engineer in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Supportive team members Relax and friendly environment Learn from experienced and knowledgeable people

Cons

Till now I didn’t see any thing

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews