LEAP Dev Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at LEAP Dev

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Oct 2021

Interview

Initial correspondence was with Shaun who is the technical recruiter for Leap. Shaun turned out to be one of the friendliest and most genuine people I have had the chance to speak to whilst job searching. He made me feel informed, valued and was super helpful. I learnt a great deal about the company, culture and role thanks to him. He promised to keep me in the loop during every step of the interview process, and he was true to his word. After speaking to Shaun I had two more conversations with members of the People & Culture team and found them both to be personable, friendly while still professional. The only issue I can note is that while interviewing with 3 different people, I was told by the last person that the 3 of them were not sharing notes with each other until they all concluded their interviews, which I thought was a great idea as it keeps your mind open coming into an interview. I received great feedback from Shaun after the interview process as well as some points of where I could improve. One of the points stated that I didn't ask or want to know any questions about the company, but that I may have already had this information answered in prior screening. If the information was to be shared amongst the staff after my interviews, I find it odd that this point was included as it would have been evident I had received a great deal of information about the company and definitely asked question and showed enthusiasm for the company. It's not a great to be made to feel as though you don't care enough when you know you do. Even though I did not receive the offer, I found the interview process on the whole quite straightforward and enjoyed getting to know more about the staff and company.

Interview Questions
  • With the nature of the role, company culture and people skills are quite valued. I was asked why I wanted to work for Leap Dev in particular.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Sep 2021

Interview

Overall very disappointed, don't be fooled by their flashy social pages. First, I had a phone interview, who then put me through to the next stage which was an activity due in 2 days. The activity was fun but I wasn't sure how the subject related to the type of work that LEAP Dev does. It felt like they were trying to make their work more interesting than what it actually is. After that activity, I had an interview with 2 seniors on the team. Going in to the interview I was pretty excited as all their socials gave an impression that they were a great company to work for. But I was let down by the unprofessionalism of the interviewers, they appeared to be pretty arrogant and rude cutting into my answers many times. They also seemed to ask questions just to test my knowledge rather than listen to what I was actually saying. But I guess manners can't be expected when they probably get a lot of applicants and I am just a number. I followed up with HR to get some feedback but it wasn't constructive or helpful, I was expecting for more, especially as someone who applied and spent countless hours doing the activity and interview preparation I thought they would spend a bit more time offering helpful feedback. I had high expectations but it wasn't met. Luckily there are many other companies out there who are more empathetic to job applicants.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Mar 2021

Interview

Recruiter reached out on linkedin. Started with quick phone screen, then an interview with the line manager plus a codility test. Final interview was with the department manager. I never do these reviews, but felt compelled as I got a very good impression from the process. Specifically Nick Stonoga from People and Culture, who was very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • What is an APT? Have you come across one?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Aug 2020

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and then received a phone call to arrange a behavioural interview over zoom. The interview was Supposed to be with the head of UX and two mobile devs, but only behavioural questions. They even sent examples for that. Quite contrary to the interview prep email, they asked many technical questions and no behavioural ones. Surprising the interviewee like that was a bit unprofessional. The questions also were almost like asking if you remember everything on Apple documentation. But Not anything that unusual. From the interview I got the impression that there’s not enough diversity, gender wise, in the team and perhaps i am being judged based on my gender not my knowledge. Also at some point the way we do testing at my current work place got judged as well. Then later got an invitation to do some coding challenge at Codility. It was a 3-hour challenge, including 4 tasks. They weren't that hard, I did 3 of them, but then one of the tasks were in a different programming language. I applied for a swift programming job and then the task were in javaScript or c#. Couldn’t understand the reason. Anyways later got a call that unfortunately, my test mark was in the average range. And when I tried to bring up this matter with the person calling, just realised they don’t really know what I’m talking about because they weren’t tech people.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between open and public keywords. What design patterns you use. How do you set the title of a view controller in a navigation controller. How do you do testing.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Jul 2020

Interview

It all started with a phone call from HR discussing the role, the company and what's coming next. For other companies I applied, it should stop here because they never call me back again. That's why I didn't expect anything. About a week later, I received my coding challenge. It was a 3-hour online challenge hosted by Codility. Codility is great because I could choose the language of questions and also my programming language of choice. I can also copy and paste code from my local machine. There were 4 tasks and I used C++ which I was most comfortable in to do them. A day later, I received an Email and it was about the upcoming interview. Next Monday, I had my online interview with 2 senior engineers and the head of UX. It was mainly focused on technical questions and also a bit about myself. Two days later, I was asked to do another task because I did my coding challenge in C++ not in Swift just to double check. It was a simple iOS project and I submitted it after finishing it. Next Monday, I had my final interview which was the offer. Overall, it was a great experience because I was informed at all time what was coming next. Also, the coding challenge was something I appreciate.

Interview Questions
  • The difference between Swift and Objective-C Things you like in Kotlin

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Jul 2020

Interview

1. Phone screening interview (applied online after about 2 weeks) 2. Technical test 3. Interview with the Manager and Team Lead 4. Informal Interview with some members from the team (I really like this round, it tell me that the Manager care about his team.)

Interview Questions
  • Some examples: Behaviours Questions: 1. Tell Me About a Time You Made a Mistake? 2. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a supervisor? Technical Question: 1. What Is a Good Test Case? 2. How to decide the tool that one should use for Automation testing in their projects? 3. When do you prefer Manual testing over Automation testing?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Nov 2019

Interview

1. telephone call 2. Online test 3. Onsite interview 4. One day trail The whole process was so ridiculous. Wasting time to interview with such company. The last stage was one day trial work in their company. I have never done any similar process like this. This is illegal in Australia to work for one day without any payment. A small company has 4 runs of interviews. Do you think you are Oracle, Google or Microsoft? Don't apply any role from this company. I believe it is not a good company to work with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Sep 2019

Interview

The process started with a phone call to discuss the role and put everything on the table. The company is extremely transparent about everything! It is comforting to know the ins and outs of the process. I was then sent a technical test. Which I liked a lot, because it wasn’t so much about how you can code, but how you can solve logical problems (super important IMO!) From here, I was invited in to meet two people from the department. They asked me a series of culture and technical questions. This is clearly a company that cares about getting the right people, from skills to who they are. It was also an opportunity to ask questions. I then received another phone call to review the process so far. This company cares a lot about feedback (and as a developer, so do I, so I gave as much as I could!) then came the call to come in again. This process was all about getting to know me and my responses to culture questions. I got a tour, and was given the opportunity to ask more questions and give some feedback. The next contact was a phone call to give me the offer. There was also constant email contact throughout the entire process - which is really comforting too!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in Jun 2019

Interview

As already posted by another candidate, there is a 3-step interview process. The first step is a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition manager, where he'll walk you through the company history + culture and talk about your experience, goals, etc. The second step is a codility programming test. The third step is a couple of face-to-face interviews; first with the Talent Acquisition manager and the second with a couple of engineers with a whiteboard architecture / problem solving component.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LEAP Dev (Sydney) in May 2019

Interview

It's a 3 stage process. First is a phone call with their TA member for a chat explaining the background/history of Leap Dev and to get an understanding of what your experience is like at your last/current role. Second is a Codility test which were fairly easy questions. Nothing too taxing. Third is an on-site interview with 2 key members of the team who will quiz you on your project on the whiteboard and also asking a hypothetical question on how you would design X and walk them through on what you would do with that design if you were give Y requirement. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and I would recommending on ask them on the technologies stack they use, methodologies, company culture and career development. Overall - It was a pleasant experience. Interviewers were very welcoming and friendly. The manager and team leader interviewed me and they are very technically knowledgeable which is good sign you will learn alot from them and also easy to work with. Would had taken the offer due to the great and laid back culture they are fostering but declined as I received another offer from a firm who is in the financial domain which I felt more interested in. A note to TA - Perhaps a tour around the office after the 3rd interview would likely to leave a better impression for the candidate too.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews