SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.4
SAP CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott
Pros
Cons
  • "work life balance is often difficult to achieve(in 322 reviews)

• "Honestly no cons for this company(in 229 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Director Enterprise Client Development in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great leaders Flexibility and autonomy Many career path options rewarding compensation opportunity to have my voice heard not afraid of change or to challenge status quo vision to change the world by making peoples lives better

Cons

still a little siloed customer-centricity can fail at the hands of territory ownership

SAP2018-09-21

October 4, 2018Life at SAP Team

Thanks for your review and the 5-stars. We're so happy to hear you recommend SAP and are satisfied with our leaders, flexibility, vision of progress, and opportunities.

2. "Great Company to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

If you want to have access to the top notch innovation in IT industry first hand, this is the right place to be.

Cons

I have been working for SAP for 11 years and have never experience major cons, it has some processes challenges as any other company does however there is a strong culture to tell it like it is and work as a team to make things better.

Advice to Management

Keep hearing employees and customers, together we are making the world run better.

SAP2019-05-16
  3. "Great company and opportunities"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Melbourne

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great company and opportunities for those willing to work hard

Cons

Some politics and too much upward management Need more local experts

SAP2019-05-05

May 8, 2019Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your review.

4. "Principal Project Manager"

Former Employee - Principal Project Manager in Sydney

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Generally rewards well and culture is reasonable

Cons

PM capability weak without strong drive to improve. Lacking inspirational leaders and male dominated in APJ

SAP2019-04-13

May 1, 2019Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your review.

"Toxic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Salary is average. The option to work from home.

Cons

A lot of bullies in SAP APJ and the management knows that they are bullies and give them credit for bulling other people to get things done. Only bullies succeed in this company. No respect from the management to the employees. A lot of racist people in SAP APJ. The top managers wants to give orders and do nothing to help.

Advice to Management

Stop giving credit to bullies

SAP2019-04-27

May 8, 2019Life at SAP Team

We're sorry to hear of your negative experience at SAP. SAP takes such concerns very seriously and we would encourage you to raise these particular concerns through HR Direct & our internal channels, so we can investigate the specifics thoroughly.

"Not what I expected"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Melbourne

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Good salary compared to market average. - Robust products that have good features and lead in their respective industries.

Cons

- SAP's products and business structure aren't agile enough to compete in the SME market. - Internal systems are very poor, most are SAP's own technology. - Implementation of many of their solutions is too expensive and time consuming. - No culture

Advice to Management

- Update your obsolete systems that staff use on a day to day basis. - Listen to staff who are on the ground and let their feedback drive change.

SAP2019-04-05

May 1, 2019Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear of your negative experience at SAP.

7. "Technical Quality Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Quality Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

- Being regarded and respected as the expert in the SAP domain because you are working in SAP - Good payment and benefits - Good working relationship within or across teams, open, nice and smart people

Cons

- Company strategy is getting blurry with the new technologies, which also causes uncertainties for the support and service deliveries that is normally on the lower level of the food chain. - Some political fights in the local management layer cause frequent changes without enough benefits. - Career progress could be slow if you're not in a major location.

SAP2019-01-11

January 18, 2019Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the time you took to leave some feedback. We will be sure to evaluate and review.

8. "What a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Supportive environment, excellent leadership, strong development plans for staff.

Cons

Not many. Likely that the market is unaware of how strong SAP are in the cloud which therefore means the Marketing needs stronger investment

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Great new recent leadership announcements. Continue the customer first focus.

SAP2018-12-10

January 18, 2019Life at SAP Team

Thanks for your review. We're happy to see that you enjoy the supportive environment, excellent leadership, and development plans.

9. "Best place to start a Career in Tech"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sydney

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Learning on the Job is phenomenal - Pay is above average for starting salary - Great International Travel Opportunities

Cons

- Sales Subsidiary means very quarterly driven - Every product is the newest innovation. Can get caught in its own web of technology and be a little too introspective when it comes to what is 'innovative'.

SAP2018-08-06

October 29, 2018Life at SAP Team

Thanks for your review. We're glad to see that you enjoyed your time at SAP when you worked here. We appreciate the feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavours.

"SAP Fieldglass, APJ"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

SAP Culture is great, lots of support, resources, opportunity to learn and grow. Flexible workplace with global reach and diversity.

Cons

SAP Fieldglass Specifically. Toxic culture within Fieldglass APJ. Poor deicions making skills, insecure leaderhsip team, unskilled leadership team, biased cliques within decisions, promotions and opportunities. ZERO opportunity for promotion or career advancement if you have integrity.

Advice to Management

SAP Fieldglass Specifically. Insecurity and fear is not a strong attribute of a leader, yet all of them in Brisbane exude both. Practise what you preach as leadership, and have some integrity. Too many of the leadership team are telling people what they want to hear without any substance or commitment. Recognise that overall organisational culture is more important than your sales team.

SAP2018-08-08

October 29, 2018Life at SAP Team

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your experience at SAP Fieldglass has more cons than pros. We're happy you took the time to leave a review because it gives us the opportunity to look into this further. While we can't guarantee it will change overnight, we take ...

Found 9251 reviews