SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Jennifer Morgan and Christian Klein
  1. "Great place"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the best place to work ever

Cons

its too darn good

SAP2019-12-05
  2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - H R Business Partner in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility People and culture Strong brand Office environment and equipment (laptop, meeting rooms, monitors and work spaces are all top quality...printing is easy for the first time in my career!) North Sydney Location Strong capability at evolving its business & changing to ensure future success. Strong direction and ability to execute change quickly. SAP employee share purchase program. Maternity... & Paternity leave is generous. IT Support is very good and the people are great. Each 'site' (office location) has a leader and it really helps with coordinating and communicating updates. End of quarter lunches.

Cons

Complexity - gaining access to certain tools, knowing who's who and how to navigate across the company is a skill in of itself. Most processes are great but some are still too bureaucratic. A lot of internal email communications and this can be hard to stay on top of.

Advice to Management

The investment in leadership development has been great - please continue to focus on making sure we have skilled leaders. Also, I am hearing and seeing good things in terms of gender equality and diversity...I see this as a good start and want to see more action and I want to see it in our measures like 'women in leadership' 'early talent' and I'd also like to see a plan that considers our ageing workforce as well.

SAP2019-11-26

"Game of Thrones"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Melbourne

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reasonable salary package, flexibility and structure.

Cons

Poor company culture driven by nepotism of various groups within the organization. Sales organization that drives a lot of unethical behavior in individuals with lack of empathy for customers. Limited career opportunities with cut-throat culture that wears down to the point that you are so emotionally exhausted working for SAP.

Advice to Management

I'm really glad that Elliott Management bacame an active investor in SAP. Your 'little club' deserves more clean up than any other software vendor that I worked for. All the best.

SAP2019-12-01
  4. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Information Technology Manager in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility. Work Hard and be rewarded well.

Cons

Can't think of anything bad points

SAP2019-10-16
  5. "Dream place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before I joined the “real” SAP, I’ve doing & using SAP R3/4 for 15+ years, however only now I know more about SAP, the culture, wow, and a lot more. 1. Buddy program- you always have some colleague assigned to help you and support you wherever and whenever; 2. You clearly feel you are welcomed and loved by your team ; 3. Your work life balance is one of the KPI of your boss; 4. Ask questions, don’t be... afraid and you always get answers; 5. Numerous tools and methodology far far beyond imagination, like jumping into ocean of knowledge; 6. You are always spoiled by HR with so many activities, parties, warm emails, ballots; 7. Maternity and parental leave for sure; 8. You get birthday greetings from global CEO! 9. A true diversity environment, just be yourself; 10. Same in any SAP offices I’ve been traveled to.

Cons

Not any , if I can think out, maybe the salary is not very competitive (I was hesitating on the offer, and I know some people gave up and chose other higher salaries).

SAP2019-10-03

"Boys Club, Family Business, Complacent"

Former Employee - Industry Account Executive in Melbourne

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay, flexible, good nuts and fruit delivery, resources are there to help if you fight for them, people are smart

Cons

No development plan, company do not care about young talent or bringing senior AEs to FLSM level, complacent, arrogant, place is full of children working for daddy, family business, captains picks, nepotism is prevalent under current ANZ CEO

Advice to Management

Stop hiring the children of Management and Senior Account Executives, and APJ Presidents, value every single employee and have a plan in place to nurture and develop, offer feedback, check-in, do not ostracise and overlook employees based on internal social circles, treat people EQUALLY.

SAP2019-09-24
  7. "Mostly and enjoyable ride"

Former Employee - Customer Success Leader in Melbourne

I worked at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked for SAP through acquisition. Our team remained independant and the business flourished using the SAP footprint of customers. The product continued to be developed and remained a market leader.

Cons

There is still an SAP old boys network within the leadership. It is a closed shop that is hard to ever feel part of or accepted by.

Advice to Management

There is good focus on the "great place to work strategy" but how do the bulk of employees across all the business units (especially acquired business), real feel about working for SAP.

SAP2019-09-26
  8. "Looks after its people, product is eveolving"

Current Employee - Industry Director in Sydney

I have been working at SAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great resources, lots of options

Cons

Complex organisation, hard to buy

Advice to Management

make life easier for employees

SAP2019-09-02

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Support in North Sydney

I worked at SAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, the networking you can build and events celebrated

Cons

Growth seemed to rely on as a career in sales - even if you don't aspire for it. Not for everyone

SAP2019-08-04

"Lack of Support from Management, but good work life"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Melbourne

I worked at SAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance Friendly co-workers Smart product Easy to Demo

Cons

Management very clicky and not opportunities for promotion If not in a large SAP deal, its hard to sell Implementation is badly managed and a big issue No integration into SAP or Oracle

Advice to Management

Support all areas iof the business equally.

SAP2019-08-12