Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Deloitte Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Deloitte

3.2

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

hr phone screen, phone interview, in person interview with 3 practitioners: core consulting, base skillset, case study. all stages were personable and i felt as though i progressed well, though the salary that was offered was well below what my requirement range was.

Interview Questions

• what number of direct reports did you have at your previous role   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Deloitte

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

A total of 3 phone interviews and 1 face-to-face interview. The first 2 went well. The 3rd phone interview was canceled (2-3 hours before call) and rescheduled. After 4 weeks, the 3rd phone interviewed occurred. 2 weeks later try scheduled the face-to-face which also went well. After 2 weeks, I reached out and they said they hadn’t reached a decision but I was definitely a top candidate. The biggest problem is that the interview process has now been going on for 90 days and still don’t have any answer. If I get an offer, I will consider the interview process in my decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to present a completely innovative solution.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Two phone screens. First one was a lightning round of 20 questions. The front line recruiters ask questions they read from a script. You can easily pass this interview if you give the answers they are clearly looking for (sad I know). The second round was labeled a "culture fit" interview. The interviewer admitted she did not know what she was doing or why she was involved with the interviewing process. We had a nice talk and then she turned me down. Then I had 4 more interviews (after getting turned down on a culture fit interview). I do not know where I am in the process anymore and I don't think they know either. What a mess. I indicate this process is very difficult (below) because I don't fit the cookie cutter mold. I think they are looking for clones and minions and I am a unique character. I'm a true change agent and have been consulting and generating incredible client results for many years...but not the Deloitte way.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a "trouble maker" in the crowd during a facilitation? If so, how did you handle that and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

--Phone screen followed by Partner Interview

The process felt like it took a very long time.

After completing the partner interview in October 2018, I felt like my chances were very high and that the next step would be an in-person interview with several people.

It is now March 2019, and I still have not heard whether I should expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the biggest challenge you have faced in your career and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in July 2018.

Interview

Fairly straightforward process up until a point. I was reached out by Deloitte for a specific role. The coordinator arranged my initial screen with the HR director. Then I was interviewed by a sr. manager and after that it would be a panel of interviewers. Everything went great and all interviews went smoothly with everyone giving the thumbs up and basically telling me it is in the bag. However, I was never called to the final interview 2 days after my last one. I waited a week before I communicated with them to find out what happened as I was assured I was moving forward. The reason? I was told by the HR director that I had to call them after my interview to declare interest (! I guess saying so repeatedly did not count). So, that is why they left me out of the process and basically disqualified a very strong candidate (their words...).
    What matters is this : it is who you know. You might be the best fit, if you do not know the right people they will toy with you, your career and your time. Be warned.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with your colleagues in a certain scenario. More behavioral than anything else.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte in July 2018.

Interview

Process was erratic and unprofessional at times. After two strong phone interviews with members of the team and discussing moving forward (eg that I would here back from the recruiter the following week as to next steps for scheduling an in person interview), I have never been contacted. That was over two months ago. I understand that another candidate may have been preferred or maybe the position was no longer available, but I expected a company like Deloitte to have the common courtesy to send at least an email bringing the process to a close.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Deloitte (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

2 interviews with the recruiter, and one with the MD. Detailed review of my background, experience, industry knowledge etc. MD did the same, we spoke about culture etc. Things seemed to be going well, but then it suddenly went silent.

Interview Questions

• this was for a lateral hire - so questions about industry happenings and my work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte.

Interview

This was arduous because of distance. I had four interviews over about three months via phone. Two of them were flubbed by recruiting, where the principles canceled or didn't sign off and I was waiting and finally called to find out what was going on only to have to reschedule. After getting a final interview on location I was given a verbal offer by recruiting and told to expect a package within days.

Then nothing

Apparently the did a reorganization while I was in the final stave of the hiring process. The position was not a part of their new organization. Getting this information took several weeks and it was only unofficially given to me.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

WORST RECRUITER ever! The whole process took 9 months. The lead recruiting specialist in technology digital (V. D.) was unprofessional and unfit. She has no understanding of technology/digital or the different industries, didn't listen to interviewers feedback, and did not follow up.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Deloitte in May 2016.

Interview

Not easy. Got a personal introduction/referral which set off the hiring process. Didn't apply for a specific job, rather, I had experience and a skill set they thought would be helpful to grow a business sector. Took over two months and included interviews with 6 different PPDs. Explanation for length and depth of process was twofold - they don't ordinarily hire senior managers from outside and they needed to identify specific assignments for me to begin on day 1.

Although frustratingly long, it was helpful in that I met many of the people I will be working with regularly, and I was equally able to interview them while concurrently being considered.

HR rep was great throughout - very communicative and upbeat.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest hurdle you had at your last position and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the industry right now?   Answer Question
    • How have you motivated reluctant clients to retain your services?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had discussed what I was looking for with HR before the offer was made. Was satisfied with the terms offered, which were consistent with my stated request, so did not negotiate further.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.