Microsoft Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Microsoft Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

As internal interview process, I had only 3 interviews to go through. But when I joined as SDE 15 years ago, it was quite different. They usually schedule first 3 interview loops. If all 3 interviews goes well, then it will proceed to 2 more interviews. Usually last interview is by hiring manager and he will sometimes ask tough question, but most likely it is just formality.

Interview Questions

• Read XML file and create N-array tree   3 Answers
  • Given graph with two dimensional array, some positions will set to 1 and others will be set to 0. find number of continuous islands.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Setup a phone interview with 3 different groups and 2 groups wanted to bring me on site for a final interview.

On-Site Interview with Group # 1:
    Hiring manager expressed his desire openly to hire me at the end of an interview and he asked to meet the director (he was not on my interview schedule). It was a clear sign that they will extend me an offer based on hiring manager's feedback. But they disappeared completely after an on-site interview. Recruiter did not even bother to email me saying I am rejected. Totally unprofessional behavior after the interview.

Group # 2
    Hiring manager was totally unprofessional. After each interview with his team members, he asked me to wait outside conference room and checked with the interviewer how I performed. One of the interviewer did not even book a conference room for an interview, instead he walked me over their entire building to find a break room where we can sit and discuss. Eventually he found an open floor white board where tons of ppl walk by every minute and he asked me to write a code on that white board while other ppl walking by looking at what I am doing. Really? I work in Fortune 100 company but never seen this type of unprofessional interview. I totally hate the hiring manager and the group, so I was not expecting to get a positive response from this group.

Overall Microsoft has a tendency to interview tons of ppl but that does not necessarily mean they are actively looking to hire someone right away. So don't go with a feeling that you will get an offer if you are prepared. I think I did exceptionally well with Group # 1 (technically, behavior, leadership and management discussions) but they disappeared completely.

I had a totally unprofessional on-site interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Resume, Technical, Behavioral, Leadership and Management   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied via employee referral process. After phone call with Dev Lead I managed to fly to Redmond. It was 3 round interview loop in one day, second day I received offer.

Interview Questions

• coding on white table (data structures), solution architecture related questions   2 Answers

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Sr. Software Engineer position in azure group and got a call within a month. The recruiter arranged for a phone interview which consisted of couple of technical questions which I answered perfectly within an hour. Everything went well from my end but to my disappointment I did not hear back neither from the recruiter nor the interviewer. I have interviewed for more than 5 times and did really good in almost all of them but no response whatsoever. I just don't get how things roll in this company! No communication or feedback, an absolute disrespect for candidates time. What kind of insecure people are interviewing candidates here? I hope the manager or a shadow person was present with the interview so as to minimize such bias. I hope this actually is taken up by the HR and good talent is not lost due to some insecure people at the company.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interview loop with 5-6 people. Several design and implementation questions.Design questions revolve around features and problem solving. Implementation questions revolve around data structures. You will be asked the same type of questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Finding an edit distance between two strings   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just remember to play hardball. Microsoft is not a technical leader in any space right now. So, you can make them feel unwanted for you to get a great deal.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview

First contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to vetify that I qualify for the advertized job. I git contacted by email by the recruiter a week later to set up a technical interview. Tge interview was online where you need to solve real time a question the interviewer asked

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

It takes 2 weeks, the hiring process is standard, nothing out of ordinary. They flew me up there from bay area in sf ,ca. The questions mainly are technical question, which is pretty simple. Most of managers dont remember some of the stuff themselves. But be prepare with some of ur projects and technical terms and process.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I had an interview with 6 different people for 2 different position after 2 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's the test process that ensures that your code is good to go?   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA (US)).

Interview

On site from internal referral

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Technical and coding questions are focused on CS fundamentals.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

It was brutal; 10 hours of detailed programming questions, alternating with going to the whiteboard. Lots of C++ code chock full of errors, some obvious; others subtle

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no need to negotiate; offer was very competitive

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.