Rio Tinto Graduate Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Rio Tinto Graduate Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Rio Tinto

3.5

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in January 2019.

Interview

Applied back in September to the general graduate pool, and then did a cognitive/personality test a few days after I applied. I got an email stating that I should hear from them with a certain day period; however when I was notified to go on to the next step it was WAY over that time limit. Next was a prerecorded interview. I got asked 5 different questions regarding group work, safety, and a time where I lead a group of people. A few weeks later, I got another interview to do a behavioral test. It gave you three scenarios and you needed to put them in order, from highest priority to lowest priority. A few more weeks pass by (close to a month) and I schedule a live video interview with a recruiter. The interview itself was with 6 different people, but mainly one person did the talking. Everything takes awhile, but the recruiters are very kind. They will answer any questions you may have without hesitation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rio Tinto

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto in December 2017.

Interview

Very slow process. I had applied online in September. I received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview in November. Phone interview with 2 people in December. They gave me a background of the position and the company. And asked some behavioral and technical questions. They told me that I will hear back in January. After no response until January 2nd week, I emailed HR who replied that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used your engineering knowledge to solve a creative problem
      They also asked questions about safety   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Brisbane) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview for Graduate Process Engineer. It included both behavioural and technical questions as it was with a Technical Manager and an HR. They asked quite a bit about my work experience, final project, team work questions but also what sports and community work I did while being in Uni and provide examples. It was quite a difficult interview as community work questions are usually not asked in the interview but at the same time a really good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia) in September 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process - submitted an application in July 2017 and only heard back from them midway through November after following up on them several times.

1st round - Online Behavioural Assessment
    2nd round - Online Psychometric Tests ( Numerical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning)
    3rd round - Telephonic Interview with 3 Superintendents
    4th round - Site visit
    5th round - Visa verification
    6th round - Physical and Medical Assessment

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have failed?
      Technical based questions on Process Engineering
      What would your friends describe your worst characteristic as?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.