Rio Tinto Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Rio Tinto

1 Interview Review

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (Perth, Western Australia).

Interview

I initially applied online and when I received a phone call with HR telling me I had advanced to the next stage I had actually forgotten what the job was as it had been so long since I applied (from memory around a month). I had a phone chat with HR and was given an interview date. I was interviewed by HR and two non HR employees. The interview process was well structured and contained the standard questions, i.e. think of a time you showed this skill etc. I did not hear from them for a short while (maybe 3 weeks) and then I was told I was going to the next stage which was a background check. I provided more details and did not hear back from them for another 3 weeks. The whole process was over 3 months. This length of time could be the difference between the company getting their favoured employee or not.

Interview Questions

• The more difficult questions are where you are required to talk about your weaknesses as there is a fine line between revealing too much and risking not getting the job or revealing none and coming off as arrogant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked what my salary expectations were and the letter of offer came in higher than my expectations and thus went my negotiating power. I was offered another role at another company and asked if there was any room to move in the salary and their response was no. I accepted the role based on the company and the benefits were somewhat the same with their competitor anyway.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.