Westpac Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 378 of over 378 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westpac Group

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

2 stage interview with Senior Managers from the team. Questions were around motivation for moving, why Westpac and why their team. There were also questions around my key career drivers, my previous experience and specific behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe one example of delivering negative news to a business
    Answer Question

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

Starting with a coffee chat where motivations and expectations were discussed and both parties were able to assess whether this is the right role , then proceeding to a more formal case interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

First had an online test then after passing that got an invitation to an online video interview which put the questions up on the screen and you had to record your answers.

Interview Questions
  • I can't remember the questions but they were general behavioral questions and motivational questions. I think there were six. Then you a chance at the end to say a bit more.

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

Intensive questionnare upon applying, enjoyable interview, with half being a practical situation, simulating a customer call, and then an interview with the team. Lots of material to read and go over beforehand.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney)

Interview

Passed gallop test received a email to do video interview how ridiculous talking to a computer not even a member of talent team. This was 10 days ago still no reply as to if passed or what’s happening no communication what so ever

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

The online interview was simple. However, the questions were quite long winded with only limited time to answer. The process only took about 15 minutes overall. There was a minute to think of your answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney)

Interview

3-4 weeks after I initially applied, I received a call from HR to book my interview around a week later. I had already completed my Gallup test previously, and had also worked at Westpac twice before. First interview went well, but then a month between the first and second interview with no updates in between, so I progressed with other roles. Finally had my second interview, and a week later I received a formal offer from Westpac. At the same time I received another offer from an external organisation, for a more senior role on a higher salary. After Westpac initially pressured me to make a decision on the spot on the same day, I told Westpac I would like to take a few days to consider my options which I was told was fine by them. As promised, a few days later I went back to them and accepted the Westpac role, only to be told they'd decided to move an internal person into the role instead. After over 2mths of messing me around - and I had declined the other offer as I'd decided to rejoin Westpac. Very poor form and highly unprofessional to make somebody a formal offer, then retract it after agreeing to wait a few days for a response so I could consider all options. An extremely poor experience and not what one would expect from a large (supposedly) professional organisation. Westpac you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Westpac Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

Started with a personality screening quiz, and a call with HR. The actual interview with hiring mgers were a breeze, they moved quickly and knew what they wanted. I had 2 x interviews via teams all the interviewers were engaging and lovely. The entire interview process took 2 weeks in total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Adelaide) in Aug 2021

Interview

Apply online Complete a behavioural test online Got an interview .. (they book one hour and only used 40 min they were very busy and needed to rush) Got a second call for another 30 min chat which was supposed to be another hour .. The area was Customer Assist Team in Adelaide Very unimpressed!!

Interview Questions
  • They o focused a lot about how I handle complexity and uncertainty and stress and were very unprepared, only used half hour of the hour allocated leading to book a second chat for another 30 min very unprofessional

Westpac Group

Application

I interviewed at Westpac Group

Interview

online process including online questions and quiz regarding personality and behavioural questions then if successful, it is then followed by two in-person interviews. One is with the branch manager and then followed up by the regional bank manager. However, when i went for my interview, i only had to sit through one interview- both with the bank manager and regional bank manager

Interview Questions
  • Whats one thing you want to know about this role or this bank?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 378 Interviews