Hays Reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,716 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Recruitment Consultant

Dec 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start your career in recruitment

Cons

Low salary and comms Desks splits loose employees and create negative work culture

1 person found this review helpful

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading career and development opportunities at Hays. At Hays, we are proud of our fair and transparent remuneration structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great culture, great people, great training.

Jul 30, 2021 - Recruitment Specialist in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

World class recruitment, management and leadership training. Excellent culture where success is celebrated. Supportive of career growth and ambition.

Cons

Very KPI driven, micro monitored performance objectives.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good employer if you're looking for large agency experience

Jun 2, 2021 - Section Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about its employees -Celebrates success -Good overall helpful management and training -Fast career progression for high achievers

Cons

-Long standard working hours (early start-late finish) even for more senior employees who know how to manage their time -Systems could use some improvements but they seem to focus on trivial updated instead of practical system improvements -Bonus and Commissions aren't the highest compared to the industry as a whole but that's what you'd expect from a big agency

HR Coordinator

Wow, thank you for your detailed feedback! We are very pleased to hear about the aspects you are enjoying most and are also grateful for your constructive feedback. If you would like to discuss this in greater detail, we encourage you to discuss with your Manager or Regional Director, or if you prefer to speak with a member of our People and Culture team, please contact our HR Advisor, Holly Riddell, directly on Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

They listen to their staff

Jul 17, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good social environment They take feedback and implement it Good training

Cons

It can be Long hours

5. 3.0

Good entry

Jul 27, 2021 - Associate Consultant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture friendly staff and good training

Cons

Pay the working conditions and work life balance

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Rubbish people

Jul 21, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great systems and training is good

Cons

The culture is horrible and managers are clueless, not held to accountability and half of them don’t even perform

7. 3.0

Good not great

Jul 7, 2021 - Sales in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fun office - celebrations - big datbase

Cons

poor reputation no room to move on fees

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

May 31, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Partner in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, excellent training sessions

Cons

rigid structure-strong focus on hierarchy

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we’re really pleased to hear you recognise the career potential for you here at Hays and value the market-leading training and development opportunities on offer. If you would like to discuss your feedback further, we encourage you to discuss with your Manager or Regional Director, or get in touch with our HR Advisor, Holly Riddell, directly on Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au.

9. 1.0

Recruitment agency

Jul 14, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good social aspects, a lot of social events

Cons

Low salary, management don't care about junior staffs

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work Hard without the Play Hard benefits

Feb 2, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced , wins and outcomes focused, celebratory environment, financially rewarded for success. Suits driven and ambitious people. Don't need any qualifications or high intelect to succeed. Great training program. I'd recommend for someone starting their recruitment career, while you've got high energy and enthusiam. Excellent systems and database, highly automated. Lots of templates and scripts to utilise. Very social.

Cons

Competitive, employees pushed to beat previous records and targets. Long hours. Poor work life balance. Lots of socialisation outside of work hours with colleagues means it can feel all consuming. Can feel restricted by automation and processes. Pressure to always perform and to play the corporate game. Exhausting.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading training, earning potential and systems at Hays. We are disappointed that your feedback does not align with our philosophy that people sit at the heart of our business. We strive to provide the very best solutions to our clients and candidates whilst also providing flexibility to enable our people to balance work and life and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,134 Reviews