Hays Reviews

3.8
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,390 Ratings
Pros
  • "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 148 reviews)

• "Good benefits and training also good career progression, great people(in 147 reviews)

Cons
  • "Developing a successful career as an agency Recruiter does require long hours at times(in 467 reviews)

• "I would say just the working hours(in 132 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

High performance Culture with a passion for service delivery

Cons

None. This is a fantastic place to work

2. "Good stepping stone company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Recuriter in Canberra

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

there is Good people good training

Cons

Only care about the money, and you are very replaceable.

July 26, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for you feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed our industry leading training and the culture here at Hays. We are disappointed that your feedback does not align with our philosophy that people sit at the heart of our business and our commitment to putting people first. We would like to explore your feedback further and invite you to participate in an exit interview if you have not already done so. Please contact our HR Advisor Danielle Marshall at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au if you would like to organise an interview.

3. COVID-19

"Over it - demoralising and degrading"

2.0
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you carry the right handbag/have the right husband you will get invited out with the cool group and be protected by management. If you’re a cool girl, you can do no wrong. They handled covid well

Cons

Being a non-fee earner at Hays is the most demoralising and degrading job I have ever had. This business is built around the work of fee earners, we all understand that. But some credit must be given to the cogs that turn behind the scenes. Instead we are regularly spoken to like dirt. Eye rolls from consultants to management when we don’t do something quick enough or to a high enough standard. We’re given totally unreasonable deadlines and expectations. We’re asked to be professionals and experts but paid absolute pittance and given no opportunities for upskilling or career paths. Given the responsibility to CLEAN high traffic areas multiple times a day because of COVID but then SENIOR MANAGERS come in SICK.

Continue reading
  4. "Good culture"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

Great culture and social side to the company. Very supportive in career growth

Cons

Sometimes quite restricted, not easy to be overly innovative

5. "Great place to learn the art of recruitment"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Invest a lot in initial training and invest in the culture

Cons

Make more money else where! Sometimes very cloak and dagger

July 3, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

We appreciate your review and are pleased to see that you have enjoyed our strong culture and industry leading training. Your feedback is not reflective of our transparent commission structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance or our inclusive culture and commitment to open communication. If you would like to provide further feedback, please contact Danielle, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

6. "Review"

Current Employee - BDM in Sydney

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Friendly staff and autonomous culture

Cons

No cons to leave here

July 3, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

We are delighted to hear of your positive experience working at Hays and more specifically your appreciation of our friendly team and autonomous culture. Thank you for your feedback, and best of luck with your career at Hays!

7. "Hays (Sydney)"

Current Employee - BDM in Sydney

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are very professional and quick in converting opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes slow on emails and returning calls

July 3, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

Thank you for your review - we are glad to hear that you are enjoying providing exceptional service to our clients and candidates. If you feel there are opportunities to improve this further, we encourage you to provide your feedback to your manager.

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Credit Controller in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic place to work. Strong, supportive and approachable management team. Great work life balance

Cons

Can be intense at times. Work hard Play hard environment

April 15, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

We are delighted to hear about your experience with Hays, highlighting our supportive and meritocratic culture. Thank you for sharing your feedback and all the best for the future.

9. "Good base salary and support"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Gold Coast
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good training and big data base

Cons

threshold and 4 week periods are difficult as explanations are a bit blurred

Continue reading

March 17, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

We are pleased that you have had the opportunity to experience Hays’ industry leading training and resources first hand. At Hays, we are proud of our fair and transparent pay structure. We recommend speaking to your Manager or Regional Director to clarify the queries you have mentioned.

"Recuriter"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Sydney

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Can't think of any really except some but not all good colleagues.

Cons

Racist company and bad management, no trust. I don't recommend anyone to deal with this company.

April 15, 2020HR Advisor ANZ

We are sorry to hear about your experience at Hays. Hays is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture - your feedback does not reflect Hays’ values or general practices and we invite you to an exit interview to provide your feedback. If you would like to participate, please contact Danielle Marshall, our HR Advisor at Danielle.Marshall@hays.com.au.

Found 2432 reviews