Hays Reviews

3.7
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
1,652 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fast career progression, rewarding position, great people(in 161 reviews)

• "There are lots of incentives to work towards eg race days or office parties, very sociable and young working environment 'work hard play hard'(in 157 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Certain times of year bring long hours(in 495 reviews)

• "Not much flexibility around working hours(in 141 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Recruitment Consultant

24 Dec 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start your career in recruitment

Cons

Low salary and comms Desks splits loose employees and create negative work culture

1 person found this review helpful

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading career and development opportunities at Hays. At Hays, we are proud of our fair and transparent remuneration structure that allows employees unlimited earning potential based on performance and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good job

13 May 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive manager, good IT payroll system.

Cons

Pay rates could be higher

3. 4.0

Good work culture

6 May 2021 - Administration Assistant in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture Monthly meetings with free breakfast Lost of opportunities in the organisation

Cons

Salary Minimal career development in admin team

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response, we’re pleased to hear you had a great experience at Hays!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Good start

12 May 2021 - Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training structure, good processes

Cons

Success and praise is based on luck rather than actual performance

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re pleased to hear you appreciated the industry leading training on offer at Hays! If you’d like to discuss your experience in more detail, please email our HR Advisor, Holly Riddell, on Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

salary

11 May 2021 - Human Resources Manager in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team, culture, friendly staff

Cons

advancement, lack of opportunities internally to grow

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the team culture here at Hays. We certainly encourage opportunities to grow and develop within the business and we’d be happy to chat through those opportunities with you, if you’d like to learn more. We’d recommend contacting our internal HR Manager, Favio Perez, directly on Favio.Perez@hays.com.au for a confidential chat.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Work Hard without the Play Hard benefits

2 Feb 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced , wins and outcomes focused, celebratory environment, financially rewarded for success. Suits driven and ambitious people. Don't need any qualifications or high intelect to succeed. Great training program. I'd recommend for someone starting their recruitment career, while you've got high energy and enthusiam. Excellent systems and database, highly automated. Lots of templates and scripts to utilise. Very social.

Cons

Competitive, employees pushed to beat previous records and targets. Long hours. Poor work life balance. Lots of socialisation outside of work hours with colleagues means it can feel all consuming. Can feel restricted by automation and processes. Pressure to always perform and to play the corporate game. Exhausting.

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear of your appreciation of the industry leading training, earning potential and systems at Hays. We are disappointed that your feedback does not align with our philosophy that people sit at the heart of our business. We strive to provide the very best solutions to our clients and candidates whilst also providing flexibility to enable our people to balance work and life and would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this and your feedback further. If you would like to do so, please get in touch with Holly Riddell, our HR Advisor at Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

7. 2.0
      Former Employee

Champagne and Razor blades

3 May 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Had a great team and events were fun

Cons

General culture and how they choose to value people only when they’re bringing in money to the company

HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback. Whilst our remuneration structure gives employees unlimited earning potential based on performance, people are at the heart of our business and we want each employee to always feel valued. If you’d like to discuss your experience in more detail, please email our HR Advisor, Holly Riddell, on Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au

8. 3.0

Profits over people

22 Apr 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

Social, good training, friendly people,

Cons

micro management, don't care for their employees, got rid of so many due to COVID without a second thought for their welfare

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response, we’re really proud of our fun and inclusive team culture at Hays. We’d love the opportunity to gain more insight into your feedback - please contact our HR Advisor, Holly Riddell, on Holly.Riddell@hays.com.au so we can chat further.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not competitive Salary but high bonus

28 Mar 2021 - Accountant in Sydney
      Business Outlook

Pros

High bonus and Fun social culture

Cons

High expectations and high staff turnover

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response, we’re proud of our fun and inclusive culture at Hays and it’s also great to hear your appreciation of our uncapped earning potential.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

20 Apr 2021 - Software Developer in Brisbane
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a good place to work

Cons

Nothing bad to say about

HR Coordinator

Thank you for your response! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Hays.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,003 Reviews