Salesforce Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff
Marc Benioff
3,287 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance (Outside of sales it seems)" (in 323 reviews)

• "Check out their 1-1-1 philanthropic model" (in 128 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance und Familienfreundlichkeit verbesserungsw" (in 215 reviews)

• "Being a remote worker can be tough as you are a bit on your own to build relationships in a fast paced environment" (in 87 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Lead Solution Engineer in Sydney
    Current Employee - Lead Solution Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solution Engineers get acknowledged for being a crucial part of the closure of millions of dollars a year. Work life balance is really respectful for people with all personal lives. We can work from home as much or as little as we'd like. But most of all, our leadership entrusts us emphatically with the future of the business, so I feel 100% supported in my actions. When we speak up, our voice is heard, listened to and actioned. I've never been part of such a large organisation and I was shocked to see how each individual feels a sense of belonging. The benefits are incomparable; best parental leave in the country, $150/month for wellness, best private health insurance in the country, $4,500 a year for education and many other perks.

Cons

Fast paced environment could take awhile to get used to, but SE Managers are great at swiftly shielding you from being burnt out.

Advice to Management

We are constantly motivated by the leadership in Solution Engineering, so keep up the good work. One suggestion would be to run SPIFFs for SEs to allow us to go above and beyond for a reward.

23 Sep 2018 – VP, Employee Success, Asia Pacific Region

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad you feel recognised as a crucial part of the organisation because you are! I hope you enjoyed celebrating the #1 Best Place to Work win in Australia. We're... More

2. "Great company experiencing massive growth"

Pros

- Great work environment
    - Super stock options
    - Clear progression opportunities
    - Very competitive salary
    - Opportunities to learn

Cons

- Promotion revolves around interview performance instead of day to day performance
    - Although they try hang onto startup culture this is very difficult given the size of the company

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people, but my tenure was a great experience.

3. "Best Place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Success Agent in Sydney
    Current Employee - Senior Success Agent in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee benefits, insurance, work -life balance

Cons

None. Nothing comes to mind.All good :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Sydney
    Former Employee - Director in Sydney

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great C Suite - visionary, transparent, inspiring.
    Excellent market position - executing against a well defined strategy
    Great products (apparently)
    Good pay and benefits
    Strong regional (APAC) leadership at EVP and SVP level.

Cons

My function was held together with sticky-tape - incredibly inefficient and lack of standardisation or consistency across some pretty basic reporting functions; disjointed, messy and frankly incredibly administration heavy - unnecessarily so.

Too many inexperienced or first time managers without sufficient people experience or knowledge of their business; this creates a highly political environment and unnecessary tension

EQUALITY is one of the core values - even basic benefits such as annual leave entitlement are not standardised across geographies - go figure....

The employer/employee marketing is literally rammed down your throat all day every day - eventually people believe it - whether they are conscious of this or not I have no idea - but it really isn't that great a place to work - you literally sell your soul, and the message from the top is 'Company First, Team Second, Self Last' - you need to be prepared to live to this or you will not survive.

Work life balance is non-existent.

Management preach the right things but do not actually put in place measures to make these become realisable. A huge amount of managing up.

Poor support from the Employee Success team aligned to my business.

Too many layers - far too many. Heavy politics at all levels.

A senior executive told me there is 'Ohana', 'Brohana', Nohana' and 'Hohana' - go figure - thats from a SENIOR exec!

Advice to Management

Keeping working hard on the culture - it's important....but don't get so disillusioned and cultish that feedback is not taken seriously.

Don't oversell roles to people on the way in - if you do they will leave.

Listen to people when they raise issues - don't brush them off and pretend things are not happening just because you do not want to hear what is actually going on at ground level.

Invest in internal systems - Org62 and the Salesforce1 app are awesome however there are areas of the business that require significant investment - the main system we were expected to use was an absolute joke and was not fit for purpose resulting in massive amounts of manual tasks - seriously
    Inefficient and ineffective - not what I would
    Expect from a leading technology company.

10 Dec 2018 – Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm sorry to see that you're no longer with the company and to hear of your negative experience here. We appreciate you having taken the time to go... More

"BDR"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The place is only going one place... Up

Cons

Can be extremely political at times... but that is life.

For sales people pay can be a little strange.. low bases for the industry but everyone brags about earning ridiculous amounts of cash.

Advice to Management

Its quite good. Just don't micromanage.

27 Nov 2018 – Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. The political behavior you mentioned is not aligned with our company values. If you're comfortable, please connect with your Employee Success... More

6. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Emerging Small Business in Sydney
    Current Employee - Account Executive - Emerging Small Business in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people, culture and technology. Business is definitely going places and has a very customer centric outlook.

Cons

Little to none! Pay could be slightly better, but this is more so because you can demand a great income at other businesses based on a couple years of awesome experience at Salesforce.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Outstanding company to work for, Horrible interview process"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real company culture, understood and embraced by every employee.
    Outstanding individuals, talented workers. Opportunities of growth.
    Equality between peers, open and honest is encouraged ; i'm posting negative comments without fear of retaliation !

Cons

Recruitment, and especially communication throughout the process. I referred three people, all had good interviews, but no or limited follow-up. In one instance, the candidate didn't hear back 6 weeks after the interview.

Advice to Management

Talents are hard to find. Nurture candidates, especially the referred ones. I had to apologize three times now assuring the rest of the organisation wasn't as bad.

"Simply awesome."

Current Employee - New South Wales in Sydney
    Current Employee - New South Wales in Sydney

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is amazing and genuine. As an employee for 5 years, I've been supported to grow my career and to come up with my own ideas which are heard and actioned upon. Can't think of working anywhere else!

Cons

Can't think of any to be honest! Even my worse day here is better than my best day at my previous companies.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on who we are and how we got here. The bigger we get means we lose some things but also gain others - keep the balance!

5 Nov 2018 – Linda Aiello, SVP International Employee Success

Thanks for such a great review and for your commitment these five years. We've all worked hard to make this a great place to work and it's thanks to employees like you that we have the culture we... More

"High ambitions, you may disappoint"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time

Pros

It's a very innovative company. You can learn a lot of CRM related new technology if you are willing to learn.

Cons

- Less concern for individual contributors.
    - Partner management sucks.
    - Almost $0 for Marketing Events in this region (Greater China)
    - Many people enjoy sucking up to the management, cos it works all the time.

Advice to Management

If you do think Asia is a large potential market, please give more resource and focus on market developing.

10. "Good place - bit too sales focussed"

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good work culture
    - Great learning opportunities and avenues
    - Above average compensation for ANZ market
    - Cross-team shift options easily available for permanent employees
    - Cross Geo roles available and relocation assistance is provided
    - Greater transparency about the engagements, company numbers and teams as compared to most other companies
    - Remote working is promoted

Cons

- Demanding customers and sometimes high-stress assignments
    - Good amount of travel required (can be good if you want to travel a lot)
    - Bonus/variable payouts done through complex calculation
    - sometimes engagement lose sight of the best possible technical solution and can be less satisfying for techies
    - KPIs and measures based on $-value and customer feedback and less on quality of design
    - Project delivery management not as strong as sales and misses common management tools/templates - Prince, PMP, etc.

Advice to Management

Good Culture in HQ and great potential - needs to be driven to all geographies.
    Need to look beyond sales and revenues - acknowledge the technical teams and project delivery services