Find jobs for Transportation Engineer

AECOM Transportation Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1,167.0 interviews

Employee Referral25%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at AECOM (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021

Interview

Smooth, comfortable. The virtual job interview between the applicant (me) and a hiring manager. They asked questions about the my experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking.

Interview Questions
  • what is your immediate 5 year goal?
    1 Answer

AECOM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

Send in resume then got a video interview. Video Interview had three or four questions, and each gave you a minute to prepare your question and then a minute and a half to respond. Was a bit stressful!

Interview Questions
  • How do you know if a fridge light is off or on when the door is closed?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (New York, NY) in Oct 2016

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a skype interview, followed by an in person interview. In person interview was a "Fantastic Friday" event with many other applicants, with a mixer the night before individual interviews .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Arlington, VA) in Jun 2016

Interview

After applying, I had a phone interview with a recruiter based out of a different office. They weren't able to tell me much about the position or office, but were helpful in suggesting I add some information to my resume after I explained previous internship experience. There was a mix-and-mingle happy hour with the other interviewees and interviewers the day before the interviews. This was helpful in getting to know the interviewers beforehand, but a little uncomfortable to also be meeting your "competition". My biggest concern with the interview process was that nobody was able to give me a straight answer on the position in question or what the hiring needs were for their office. This was a little frustrating because after the process, I was told the hiring managers liked me and wanted to hire me but they didn't have the work load to merit creating a new position for someone with my expertise. It would have been nice to know what their hiring needs/work load was so I could determine if I really was an appropriate fit or not.

Interview Questions
  • When dealing with a unique project that doesn't fit into typical methodologies, what sort of information do you like to have to begin finding a solution?

AECOM

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AECOM

Interview

Brief over the phone review of my previous experience. I spoke with the hiring manager and he was pleasant and soft spoken. I hung up the phone not even feeling like I was just interviewed. The conversation was comfortable and quick.

Interview Questions
  • How long I had been doing my previous work
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AECOM (Minneapolis, MN) in Apr 2012

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter 8 days after I applied online. An in-person interview was set up for the following week. They gave me a list of dates to choose from. I interviewed with two people from AECOM for an hour. Two weeks after the interview, I was contacted by the recruiter to inform me that funding was not approved by the DOT. Therefore, unfortunately no one was going to be hired at the time. The interviewers told me I did well after the interview and the recruiter expressed positive reviews.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewers actually had me take the reign and ask most of the questions. Come prepared with a list of questions! It was a very lax and comfortable environment. They asked me to explain in detail what experience I had with the software programs I listed on my resume.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AECOM in Mar 2012

Interview

I had applied online and followed up twice on this position, just calling the office the position was located in. I finally got a call back and spoke for about 10 minutes just about some brief background information. Then a formal interview was scheduled to take place at the office. I initially spoke to the same lady who called me, just more about the position and the background. Then 3 others joined and the asked a variety of questions, but it was pretty casual and very easy to just talk for almost two hours. Overall, it was one of the best interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions
  • If Amy came to you and gave you a task that took 8 hours and needed to be done by the end of the day, and then Jess gave you a task that took 8 hours and also needed to be done by the end of the day, what would you do?
14 people found this interview helpful