Stantec Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Stantec Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Stantec

1.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stantec (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

-Was not Stantec when I was hired. From the interviews I have conducted, it seems like Stantec strings potential employees along when Stantec isn't even sure if they will hire for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. You get what you get.

Other Interview Reviews for Stantec

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

Hiring took about 3 weeks. Salary and bonus was included as verbally negotiated. Interviewers were less experienced and familiar with the position applied for so the questioning was more high level than technical

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stantec.

Interview

The position is for a new department currently without clients and no backlog of work to do. The position is right hand person to top person in charge of the department. The position involves bringing in clients, maintaining clients, project management, billing, proposal writing, budgeting, building a department, marketing, attending events after hours and on weekends, entertaining clients (such as taking them on trips), promoting the company, volunteering at events, managing team of staff (engineers and designers, admin, interns), performing the engineering works, QC... so everything.

The hiring manager did most of the talking, he asked me the following questions:

Tell me about yourself.
    Do you know ICPR 4?
    Do you have any questions?

I am always wary when an engineering firm doesn’t ask me technical questions considering the position is a technical role.

I was informed that a “very good” offer had been extended to a young engineer who will be working for me. (From what I can tell, she did not accept the offer... keep reading maybe you can guess why.)

I was told I will not be able to make hiring decisions regarding staff who will be working for me.

I received a very low ball offer for the amount of responsibilities and expectations for the position. I was initially told salary is negotiable but when it came time for negotiation, I was just told no, even when I told them their offer is less than my current salary at my current job that has much less responsibilities.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stantec in September 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted within two days. Interview was set up for the following week. They were very impressed with my resume and were eager hear my story. I was surprised that I pretty much led the interview myself, annswering all of their questions before hand.

I office was quite nice, but seemed pretty empty for the time of day.

Interview Questions

• Questions included: size of average project I have managed, and years of experience. There were no skills based questions, educational background, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Quick interview due to internal connection.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.