Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Java Developer Interview Questions

Java developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are they things you need to look at when you make an object as key of a Map

3 Answers

A map cannot contain duplicate keys; each key can map to at most one value. some implementations prohibit null keys and values, and some have restrictions on the types of their keys. Hash map allows null keys.

You missed the most important part. You should make sure that your key object's hash value is always consistent even if you change some of its property. If the hash value changes, then you'll be looking under wrong bucket for the value and never find any.

You need to make sure equals() and hashcode() are consistent, ie for two objects that are equal the hash code is the same and vice versa.

What's the difference between a String and a StringBuffer

2 Answers

What does ORM mean? What are the advantages of using an ORM? What are some commercially available ORMs?

1 Answer

How would I approach a legacy system?

1 Answer

What is unit testing? How do I go about writing a unit test? Do I focus a unit test on a class or a method? Would I write one or more tests per method? What are some unit testing frameworks?

1 Answer

What is Dependency Injection? How would I go about using it in "day to day programming"?

1 Answer

When I have a legacy method and need to change it, how would I do that? How do I make sure that I don't break anything?

1 Answer

I will describe the Peer programming exercise in more detail. It is already covered off in other posts about the event management system, but click on answer for more details.

2 Answers

1. What is the differences between interface and abstract base class in term of design

2 Answers

What are the things that need to be aware when use Serializable

110 of 109 Interview Questions