Capgemini Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

4.3
Capgemini CEO Paul Hermelin
Paul Hermelin
  1. Featured Review

"Growing footprint of the All-Things-Digital hub, generates interesting opportunities & roles"

Current Employee - Data Management Architect in Sydney

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Focused and high performing cross-competency teams that collaborate & deliver in -mostly- an informal work culture. The footprint of Digital Hub is rapidly growing and including the Data and Analytics play. All in all, this generates equal interesting opportunities & roles for consultant. Entrepreneurship and owning/driving subject areas are greatly encouraged.

Cons

Steering your own career and balancing the work-life balance needs an employee's attention and focus. International opportunities are there, but mostly relies on personal network, there's limited process for this.

Advice to Management

Nurture and promote the corporate values of Capgemini and show how to bring those to live (lead by example).

Capgemini2019-06-17

Capgemini Response

July 11, 2019Employer Branding & TA Project Lead

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the time and effort taken and we take these responses seriously. The HR team are working tirelessly on a plan to ensure Capgemini employees get the best benefits out of the best work/life harmony. I'd be hap to put you in touch with a contact within the HR team to discuss your international opportunities further if you wish?

2. "Capgemini's belief in me helped grow my career"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Accommodating part timers, return to work parents and ability to work from home are top of mind and centre of heart for me to be successful; Capgemini are actively supportive of these flexible working options wherever possible. People are encouraged to drive their own careers; Capgemini supports this through the various opportunities we have with our clients , tech partners and community partners as well as... internal L&D programs. We have the option to get involved in initiatives, such as Corporate Social Responsibility (Diversity, Digital and Environment), Employee Resource Groups, Social Events and more.

Cons

As we are rapidly growing, our offices are becoming a bit of a squeeze, so having meetings and collaborating effectively without disrupting others is a bit of a challenge at times. But growing is a good sign!

Capgemini2019-10-09
  3. "Great culture and opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sydney

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for those willing to build your own career and fantastic support from the management team when something happens in your personal life.

Cons

Internal systems are a nightmare, particularly procurement and finance with no one on the team thinking about the internal customer experience or the time wasted (Including billable) in trying to get things done.

Advice to Management

Invest in your systems so you can enable your teams to thrive

Capgemini2019-10-01
  4. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Test Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Place to work , flexible and happy work culture

Cons

Low career progression, very client focused

Advice to Management

Career Aspiration of resources

Capgemini2019-10-01
  5. "Don't know what to say"

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Company to work as long as you wish to. HR is very fast and responsive.

Cons

Too much offshore presence. They come with short term 40 days visa for business blueprint and especially in build phase. Local resource preference very low. You will get fired any moment. There is no difference of contract with CG or full time. Too much politics amongst Sr Managers and Directors. No values for Junior resources. All credit goes to these Directors and Sr Managers upon success. If project fail... then credit goes to offshore and junior resource. Everyone is Manager at Capgemini. You can be Manager in 4 years even you joined as Graduate hire. Manager at capgemini = Consultant at market. Sr Manager = sr Consultant Any project build phase done with offshore resources. Local preference very low. Directors are so rude (having many examples) and not care about employee (Management knows about this but helpless as they have to run the business). you can expect a bad feedback if you not say good morning to your director. VP's are polite and understand your things. I saw many of these kind of greedy directors leave the company and joined other company as VP. God save them. Still lots are here and keep doing the same thing. Nobody knows the recruitment process. If you ever send any referral resume they will never come back. Go with CG's outside consultancy the recruitment team immediately call the candidate. Tried and tested in so many cases.

Advice to Management

Create more preferences for local resources. Sr Manager and Director's are need more training towards behaviour. Check the eligibility criteria / experience require to promote next level. Means don't fool to your client to present 4 years experience Manager and get billable. I know few and CG you know everything.

Capgemini2019-10-18
  6. "Horrible Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Melbourne

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team outside of certain accounts, HR, Legal, Consulting

Cons

Sexist towards women and toxic work culture coming from leaders using intimation and bullying to meet unexpected deliverables.

Advice to Management

toxic behaviour from certain leaders needs to be assessed and ensure that people are a focus

Capgemini2019-10-17
  7. "A solid starting playfor for your career."

Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Capgemini full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong career Framework; Opportunities for exposure to many projects and industries; Strong development of skills, which is great for moving to your next role;

Cons

Promotion and progression is hit or miss. Befriend the right manager/ join the right team and you'll grow quickly. But it isn't based on merit; Salary is low-average; Work life balance wasn't too clear. Working more 9 hours+ per day was near standard; Lots of underlying politics at all levels

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the quiet achievers; Offer more flexible working hours; Don't pick favorites in teams

Capgemini2019-09-22
  8. "Great company culture and leadership"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Adelaide

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture and a great work environment - colleagues and senior management are friendly, supportive and approachable. A diverse and inclusive workplace. Significant opportunities for career growth. Structured professional and personal learning and development pathways. Great opportunities to work on exciting projects.

Cons

IT systems and support are a bit outdated. Work-life balance could be better supported.

9. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Adelaide

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, excellent work culture

Cons

Parking facility not provided by the company

Capgemini2019-08-19
  10. "Growth, Opportunity & Flexibility"

Current Employee - Financial Accountant in Adelaide

I have been working at Capgemini full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ability to grow my career, as a person and with the company. Numerous opportunities in many directions. Balanced work-life with modern day values.

Cons

Not entirely a 'Con', but working on a Global scale is a blessing and a curse; working across multiple time zones can sometimes set expectations to deliver outside of business hours, but can also be seen as a 'Pro' when utilising offshore teams in the way they're intended for.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example the 'Capgemini Values' with actions on a daily basis.

Found 121 reviews