HOYTS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

HOYTS Interview Questions

Interviews at HOYTS

2.4

Custodial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I received a call about an interview the same day. The interview went well. It was simple and the questions were easy to answer. I was offered a job on site, and I accepted. They gave me time before I started so that I could finish my sports.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOYTS (Simsbury, CT (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

Interview with the General Manager or Manager. Consists of a an interview about 30 minutes where you asked about availability and what you are willing to do. Clean, work holidays, weekdays, etc. Presentation is key, you will be in front of people all day so you must appear professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays because we are open 365 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, you start at minimum wage.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Simsbury, CT (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

sat with the manager and was asked a few questions. The questions were a breeze.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

phone interview, then 1 round of face to face interview, tested my excel skills on the spot. asked for 5 year plan, asked for relevant experience, behavioural questions. interview went for about 30 mintues

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

I got invited to an interview at HOYTS Carousel not too long ago. I waited outside for 20 minutes after the scheduled time for the group interview because the interviewer was so so late. Everyone else being interviewed was around 20 and I was 15. Due to the age gap I felt extremely uncomfortable so I quickly told a member of staff my situation and apologised and left. What could’ve been? I have no idea.

Casual Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HOYTS (Sydney).

Interview

One on one interview. Want to know how well you know stuff about Hoyts and selling- and if you don’t know, what to know how much you wanna learn. Easy going from my experience

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Perth, Western Australia) in September 2018.

Interview

We were split up into groups, tasked with 3 activities to do as a group. Once we had finished we were called one by one for one on one interviews. The one on one interview was questions already answered in the online application.

Interview Questions

• The first activity: Customer Cuts into line and just wants to order food   1 Answer
    • Second Activity: 9 people have crashed on a boat, you can only save six. Who?   1 Answer
    • Third Activity: Draw Toast ( yep that's it)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

The process took about 1.5 months. I submitted a video interview and got a call about 5 days before the interview asking me to come along to a group interview. The group interview setting was with 4 tables seating 9-10 people. The first thing they ask you to do is introduce yourself, tell everyone a fun fact about yourself and then disclose what the last film it was that you watched and where.

You’re then asked to play a game call Survivor which requires you and your group to pick 4 items you’d take with you if your ship was sinking and you were left deserted on an island. When you and your group are done selecting your items you nominate 2 people from the group to present your decision to the 4 table groups.

The next activity is being given a group of movie goers i.e seniors, families, date nights. You are to come up with things that might make these groups of people happier and appreciated when going to see a movie like offering to direct them to their seats or making sure they know about the rewards program. Make sure to voice your ideas during this activity because they are looking for people who really know what their customers want.

Once both activities have been completed you are given a very small break just to stretch out and go to the toilet.

Once the break is over you sit back at your table and wait for your name to be called for a brief one-on-one interview with the manager that observed your table. Once that is done you are free to leave.

Dress smart casual, most people wore jeans and a dress shirt while others dressed a little more sophisticated. My advice is to speak up but don’t interrupt people. Come up with ideas but don’t sell other people’s ideas short and just make sure you try to interact with everyone at your table or the entire group of people because you are being watched and they want people that will get along with all their employees.

Frontline Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HOYTS (Melbourne) in March 2018.

Interview

Applications are first completed online. Unfortunately, the application website is manned by an automated system, so there is a possibility you may be rejected based on hours provided/form answers etc. If successful, a manager from the selected cinema will call you and ask to conduct a phone interview.

If you have a successful phone interview, you will be invited to a Recruitment Day where group activities and speed interviews are conducted. You are placed in small groups at individual tables (depending on the number of applicants, there may be more or less). Those invited consisted of various applicants from multiple cinemas.

You are encouraged to speak to other applicants at your table as they pay attention to whom is making contribution and who is not. A manager is appointed at each table to monitor and take notes on your activity and contribution.

After introducing yourself to your group members, group activities will shortly begin. These tasks include:

Survivor - typical problem-solving scenario where you and your group must decide which four items you will take with you when disembarking from your yacht. [You are given laminated strips of paper with each item listed on it.]

Customer service - the gist of the group activity where you will find managers paying extra close attention to your contribution. Each group is given a type of customer e.g. friends, seniors, families, date night (couples) and asked how you would enhance the Hoyts experience for the group of customers at the box office, candy bar and floor

A break may follow after for a few minutes prior to speed interviews. While applicants wait and chat quietly, managers call out each applicant individually. Speed interviews are conducted swiftly (hence its' name) and ask about your previous experience and availability. (As I had previously worked at a cinema, I was asked to give an insight on my experience there, in addition to being asked how I would apply such experience from a smaller cinema to a larger franchise.)

Your application status will be informed within the following week. You may leave afterward.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your previous experience working at a cinema to a larger environment?   Answer Question

Frontline Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HOYTS.

Interview

Had to record and submit a 1 minute video where i described my favourite popcorn flavour (i know for other times it was something like fav movie). Then after that was invited for a group interview where we did a few activities such as: working as a team to line up cards in the order people experience movie theatres and we had to each say something we would improve in general about cinemas. After, we talked individually to two managers who basically asked us why we want the job then just other stuff like availability, planned leave etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.