Procter & Gamble Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Procter & Gamble Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Procter & Gamble

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Online assessment of problem solving / IQ and an online assessment of ethics. 90% of people get screened out at this step. It is very difficult. Phone interview with one person (30-60 minutes). Most questions are framed as "Tell me about a time when you...". If you make it past that, they bring you back n-site for an in-person problem solving assessment (to confirm the results online were valid) and two in-person panel interviews. Then if you receive an offer, you must pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• A time that you stood up for something you thought was the right thing to do even though others or your boss didn't agree.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed an online IQ assessment and behavioral questionairre. Met with recruiter at career fair and was invited for preliminary interview. Was then contacted for a full on-campus interview which was conducted by two people. 1 month later I was finally invited to an interview in Cincinnati.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a personality test and basic reasoning test online. Was contact about a week later by recruiters inviting me to on-campus interview. Had a week to prepare for the interview. Basic C-A-R interview (Context-Action-Result). They emphasize in the interview that's how they would like the responses. Rather basic behavioural questions. All of them were "Tell me about a time when...." Make sure ahead of time you make mental note of several experiences where you had to make big decisions or were in a tough situation. Example: Tell me about a time you had to develop a unique solution to a problem. First interviews consist of 9 behavioral questions. Be sure to ask some well thought out and position oriented questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event TETRE program. and I processed for rounds of interviews until I was selected to the final interview in Cincinnati which ended by a full time offer. The hiring process is composed of online IQ exams and onsite (contracted office) to take a similar exam. then I phone interviews. then I was selected to the final round in OH.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Process took quite awhile. Started with phone interview then took another 2 months to find a 'spot' for me. When they hire R&D engineers it seems like they recruit to find a potential candidate then try and find a place for them. The department they placed me in was not the on I really wanted. I already had 3 years of process experience and this is the department I requested. Needless to say, I took the position because it got me in the door and I knew I could move about after a few years.

Interview Questions

• Give me examples of when you demonstrated great leadership.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you managed a difficult employee or situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I never negotiated because I was told they have pretty strict guidelines on offers.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter on campus. Interviewed on Campus, then one week later was called to come to Cincinnati. Interview in Cincinnati was fairly similar to the original interview in addition to technical questions. Testing was completed here as well.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

I met with them during career fair and the representative told me to take an online quiz which includes behavioral questions and pattern recognition. There was then an on-campus and on-site interview. There was quite a delay between the two interviews, but both were mainly behavioral.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Mayaguez, PR (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was very simple it was on campus in a Job Fair they're looking for RnD (research and development). They ask a series of question to know if you're able to find a quick and efective solution todo a problem. And how can you attack a certain problem

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online after hearing about positions at the career fair. I took the online assessment and heard back 4 weeks later for a 1 hour on-campus interview. Spoke with one person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.