Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Procter & Gamble Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Procter & Gamble

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Online assessment of problem solving / IQ and an online assessment of ethics. 90% of people get screened out at this step. It is very difficult. Phone interview with one person (30-60 minutes). Most questions are framed as "Tell me about a time when you...". If you make it past that, they bring you back n-site for an in-person problem solving assessment (to confirm the results online were valid) and two in-person panel interviews. Then if you receive an offer, you must pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• A time that you stood up for something you thought was the right thing to do even though others or your boss didn't agree.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Procter & Gamble

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was multiple rounds and met with both a technical and HR interviewer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process which includes application, personality analysis, phone interview, reasoning test, and day-long interview. The interviews are story-based "tell me about a time when..." rather than traditional questions. During the day-long interview, up to a dozen current employees evaluate the candidate for skills, attitude, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time you had a problem with someone of another culture and how you resolved it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little flexibility during the negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

3 interviews, problem solving test.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event TETRE program. and I processed for rounds of interviews until I was selected to the final interview in Cincinnati which ended by a full time offer. The hiring process is composed of online IQ exams and onsite (contracted office) to take a similar exam. then I phone interviews. then I was selected to the final round in OH.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Took a personality test and basic reasoning test online. Was contact about a week later by recruiters inviting me to on-campus interview. Had a week to prepare for the interview. Basic C-A-R interview (Context-Action-Result). They emphasize in the interview that's how they would like the responses. Rather basic behavioural questions. All of them were "Tell me about a time when...." Make sure ahead of time you make mental note of several experiences where you had to make big decisions or were in a tough situation. Example: Tell me about a time you had to develop a unique solution to a problem. First interviews consist of 9 behavioral questions. Be sure to ask some well thought out and position oriented questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to come up with a unique solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Process took quite awhile. Started with phone interview then took another 2 months to find a 'spot' for me. When they hire R&D engineers it seems like they recruit to find a potential candidate then try and find a place for them. The department they placed me in was not the on I really wanted. I already had 3 years of process experience and this is the department I requested. Needless to say, I took the position because it got me in the door and I knew I could move about after a few years.

Interview Questions

• Give me examples of when you demonstrated great leadership.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you managed a difficult employee or situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I never negotiated because I was told they have pretty strict guidelines on offers.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process is highly based upon you demonstrating capability in requirements of three main categories. Power of people (ability to work with and create synergy with others), Power of the mind (ability to execute critical, logical thinking), and power of agility (ability to deal with and embrace change and ambiguous situations). It is key that your answers to the various questions posed demonstrate these three key areas. Use these as a template to structuring your answers. Further description of these factors are posted on P&G's website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with unforeseen difficulties working with a team. How did you approach and resolve the issue, driving the team to success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

P&G generally does not negotiate salaries (almost never). They have pre-set salary ranges. For internships they will base your salary on your major as well as your year in college. For full time offers they will base your salary on your major. They do not vary these ranges to adjust for cost of living in different cities, however they do offer some differing relocation benefits that will range in size based on the city at hand.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Completed an online IQ assessment and behavioral questionairre. Met with recruiter at career fair and was invited for preliminary interview. Was then contacted for a full on-campus interview which was conducted by two people. 1 month later I was finally invited to an interview in Cincinnati.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Procter & Gamble.

Interview

Online application required, which involved an aptitude test. University career fair day was when one can talk to a recruiter. After about 4 to 5 weeks after the application, a phone call may come to schedule an interview. The suggested interview time was three days from the phone call. After the interview a quick (couple of days) response will be given.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a person did not see your way during a work project.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.