Telstra Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in April 2016.

Interview

It takes some time to prepare and after 2 online tests you need to record some video questions. Then you gonna receive a phone call to confirm the time of Assessment center.

Interview Questions

• If you can only choose one thing, what you gonna take with you to a desert island   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application-> online video recording (3-4 questions, 3mins each)-> final interview in their company (you gotta prep a lot for final interview cuz it consist of a 8 minutes PowerPoint presentation about technical question, 6-8 behavioral interview question and 1 question about personal branding. You will receive an email with more detail if enter the final round). Don't worry the video interview allow you re-take as many times as possible until u satisfy to submit your online application. The HR will send you every detail about the final interview question so u must hv enough time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation when you have conflict with your team member.   1 Answer

Telecommunications Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Submit online application, have to do online logic testing, and then a short 15 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation of leadership - having been just in uni and no work experience, I struggled to find an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was many steps long, first with a psychometric test, then phone interview and then the assessment center. The assessment center was very artificial and people were not behaving normally. It was like a drama.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Brisbane) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was as follows

1) Application online
    2) Onetest test
    3) Phone interview with behavioural questions
    4) Assessment centre with team activity, individual presentation and behavioural interview
    5) Final interview with manager

Very friendly and easy going process, Telstra are great with giving good and prompt feedback. There is some lag between stages, for example it took 2 weeks to receive an invitation for the final interview after the assessment center.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney).

Interview

Process started through online questionnaire which then progressed to a phone screening. After the phone screening is an online aptitude test lasting 20min or so. The next stage involves a group assessment centre where a group activity is given for you to solve and also a presentation about the activity with a mini 1 on 1 interview with a hr person. A final interview is given with hiring managers more specific to the role with majority of questions being behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• When has a project failed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney) in March 2013.

Interview

Voice interview where you add your voice to the recording system, Online test which uses Onetest as the provider, Phone Interview is a 15 minutes chat with the recruitment team. after that is the assessment center and then the final interview.
    The process is very good and challenging.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in May 2012.

Interview

Audio Screening > Psychometric Testing > Phone Interview > Assessment Centre > Final Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to market a product that wasn't initially a popular choice by consumers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in July 2011.

Interview

1. IQ Test
    2. Resume Vetting + Phone interview
    3. Training centre
    - Presentation in front of group (5 minutes)
    Scenario: How to improve the emergency services of SES, leveraging latest technology in relation to the state fires in Victoria
    - Group discussion and presentation (5 minutes)
    Scenario: How to leverage the technology that Telstra has and provide an user experience that will promote the brand of Telstra in an airport.
    - 5 minute one on one interview with a regional manager
    4. Interview with 3 regional managers

I got further that most of my colleagues, I don't know any of my colleagues doing their PhD's or Masters that were called back. And none of the MBA students in Melbourne business school got a position either.

4 rounds of jumping through hoops in one month, excelling in initial evaluations training centre but failing at a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have demonstrated excellent customer service in your previous experience or jobs.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.