Mediaocean Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mediaocean Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Mediaocean

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

3 Technical + 1 Director + 1 HR Director = 5 Rounds

3 technical rounds were mainly on Java, Design Patterns, Spring, Hibernate, Databases. All the 3 times, interviewers were not in time, and I had to reschedule the interview. Technical questions were mainly on following

Java - HashMap, ConcurrentHashMap, Autoboxing, annotation
Spring - Dependency Injection, Bean Life cycle, AOP, MVC
Hibernate - Inheritance, Object States, Transaction Management.
REST Service - Constrains, Design.
Design Pattern - Strategy
Data Structures / Algorithms - Time complexity discussion on some problems.
Database - Trigger, Stored Procedures etc.

The feedback of the technical discussions was positive.

The discussions with the director and the HR director consisted of following things

1) After 12th (i.e. 2002), why you did not try for BCA?
2) Why did you do Food Engineering (2002-2006)? How did you get admission in Food Engineering (in 2002)?
3) Why do you have pass class in Food Engineering (in 2006)?
 The HR director commented, "The pass class in Food engineering is notable thing."
4) Were you job less after food engineering (in 2006)?
5) In which company you were placed after Food Engineering (in 2006)?
6) Why do you have 58% in MCA (2010)? Why is it less?
7) Since you switched companies (very small start-ups) for instability reason, don't you check the company before joining?
8) What is you expected CTC? Will you bargain with Mediaocean if we did not give your expected package?
     Finally the HR director comment, "Mediaocean does not bargain."

I am not sure how the questions asked in 4th and 5th round are related to the JAVA profile.

My candidature was put on hold without any reason.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mediaocean

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Are they serious , they have like too many rounds of interview. Do they feel they are Google or Microsoft. Let me tell you the interview process
    1) Aptitude Test (20 Min)
    2) Psychometric Test (20 Min)
    3) TECHNICAL CODING TEST (2 Hours)no proper systems in place
    4) Technical Interview (1 Hour) they do not even know .Net
    5) Managerial Interview
    6) Director Interview+ HR (45 Min) "What you are expecting is fine, but what me might offer would be slightly less" hahaha.. :)
    7) Australian round of interview (30 Min)

Plus horrible reviews from people about the company and they think we should join them. Why ??
    The recruiter and the receptionist helped and made sure that we had everything at all given time, they regularly asked for coffee or water, just to keep me pepped up during the test the recruiter came and said that i should have coffee as they have really good one, she was really concerned about me as the process was taking too much time , she offered lunch as well.

I did get the offer in 2 days but did not join because of the negative reviews.I am giving an average review only because of the Recruiter and Receptionist. Cheers!! for their engagement with candidates

Interview Questions

• Data structures, Algorithm, Architecture, Design patterns   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview process involved
    i) Aptitude Test (online)
    ii) Technical Test (on premise pen and paper) - Multiple choice questions and two programs code to be written
    iii) Technical Round
    iv) Managerial Round
    v) Director Round
    HR discussion

The position was for UI Developer and the interviewer covered all the skillset in my resume
    HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, AngularJS, Karma

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very bad, they believe in wasting others time, the way HR said they can offer you good package is all false. If you have less package and 15 days NP go for that might be they can hire you. The hiring process is too long and after clearing the rounds they say at last stage we can't select as you have been rejected...without giving any reason, how one feel at that time

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I've gone through below rounds of interviews :

1. Aptitude and Personality mock online test : 2 hrs

2. Programming Assignment : 3 problem statements were given, we need to solve any 1 - I chose the toughest one ;)

3. Technical F2F Interview: Problem statements were given and I was asked to write an algorithm or the approach to tackle it. Questions on performance issues, concurrency issues, Parallel code execution etc. This was totally practical based. If coding is your passion, you will enjoy the discussion.

4. Technical F2F Interview : Theoretical questions, C# concepts. I was asked to write a c# code for a given problem.

5. Directoral Round (Conference Phone call): It was a conference phone call with directors and managers of Australia team. It was a bit technical followed by the normal discussion about me.
    Basically, they walk through my resume and asked questions here and there.

6. Technical F2F Interview: This was conducted by a Sr. Manager. So he was more focussed on the architechture/design patterns of the applications what I have worked on.

7. Managerial Round by Sr. Director: Normal discussion about family, future plans etc. Also, we discussed the technologies which I am strong at and the kind of project I would be suitable for.

8. I was given a joining letter same day, with the salary above expectations :D

Interview Questions

• Q: How to increase the performance of any application.
      Q. Design Patterns

All the questions were based on practical approach   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Pathetic HR and below standard company.
    I got to know about an .Net Developer opening in Mediaocean from a friend ,approached the company Recruitment person,she suggested me to contact a consultancy and go through some stupid aptitude test.The consultant being very co-operative helped me with the aptitude questions. Then my interview was scheduled..I thought aptitude is `done ..Again the same aptitude..but could crack easliy since consultant had already helped initially, went through few technical never ending rounds..Same repetitive questions ..Too long and boring..Finally cracked these tough rounds and then an HR round. Could not believe the HR instead of asking me questions was only boasting about her and her importance in the company. Funny and so unprofessional it was.I wonder how such people are made HR . After all the trouble ,it was not worth .They did not have good salary to offer.
    Horrible experience !

Interview Questions

• Mostly programming,strong technical checks.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.