Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Analyst Interview Questions

1,033

Analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the angle between the hour hand and minute hand in a clock at 5:15?

5 Answers

7.5 degree

The hour hand moves 360 degrees every 12 hours. at 5:15, its angle is (5 + 15/60) * 360/12 = 157.5 degrees. The minute hand moves 360 degrees each 60 minutes, so at 15 minutes past the hour it has moved 15/60 * 360 = 90 degrees. Thus, the difference between the two hands is 157.5 - 90 = 67.5 degrees.

The hour hand moves 360 degrees every 12 hours. At 5:15, its angle is (5 + 15/60) * 360/12 = 157.5 degrees. The minute hand moves 360 degrees each 60 minutes, so at 15 minutes past the hour it has moved 15/60 * 360 = 90 degrees. Thus, the difference between the two hands is 157.5 - 90 = 67.5 degrees.

What would you do if you won the lottery.

2 Answers

What time do the hands next meet?

2 Answers

There are 5 coins on a table. One of them has a heads on both sides. If you pick up one of the coins and flip it 5 times and get heads each time what is the probability that you have picked up the double sided coin?

3 Answers

5 standard questions, no out of the box questions. Probably hardest was what is the best way to get results from a service provider (in terms of system support)

1 Answer

So far I passed 2 phones interviews, since its all majors welcome, some non-financial background people might be stuck with the question: what financial instrument are you mostly familiar with? and perform a sales pitch on that

1 Answer

Believe it or not, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

(Behavioral Assessment) Describe a scenario where you faced a new challenge or something that you've never had to deal with before and how you chose to deal with it.

1 Answer

Tell me a time where you clashed with your manager tell me a time where you made a mistake that caused the company monetary loss If we were to call your employer, whats 3 words they will say about you

1 Answer

The one that I have received as no one asked me a thing.

110 of 1,033 Interview Questions