Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The recruiter and hiring manager were really friendly and accommodated my requests. I had a call with the recruiter and a video interview with my hiring manager. By the time I was called onsite, there were some COVID-19 cases in the Bay Area and one of my colleagues suspected that he was infected. I did not want to risk infection by visiting the office for the interview. They were open to that and all 4 interviews were done virtually. The process was very smooth and the recruiter was prompt in addressing queries.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had applied to a couple of positions that matched my skillset through Employee referral. The recruiter reached out the next day and was prompt in scheduling the inital phone screen and call with the hiring manager. However, it did not go further.

A month later, I was reached out by another recruiter Kavitha for one of the positions I had applied for. She was very prompt in coordinating the initial phone screen and interview call with hiring manager. I was emailed the hackerrank online assessment to be completed for the next step of the interview. I completed it and got the virtual onsite interview scheduled for that position. The interviewers were great and focussed on problem solving skills and object oriented concepts. I had 3 coding sessions which also included 1 design challenge. Behavioral interview session with the hiring manager.

Overall it was a great experience and I accepted the offer. It has been tough to schedule interviews with everyone being remote and still trying to coordinate with the applicants so I really appreciate their effort. I wanted to give a shout out to Salesforce in streamlining the entire interview process and try their best in on-boarding the new hires during COVID-19 (shelter at home). I am really looking forward to being part of Salesforce Ohana.

Interview Questions

• Current project being worked on and some questions around the architecture ?   Answer Question
    • Standard Array and sorting interview questions to evaluate your programming concepts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The recruiter approached me from LinkedIn.
    The process and review were very fast and overall its smooth process.
    It was a pleasure to work with recruiter and entire team for interviews.

They allow wfh if you stay south bay.

Interview Questions

• 1. There was a phone screen (Data structures)
      2. Take home 3-hour test. (Data structures)
      3. Onsite interview 5 rounds (Data structures, Java, Design and Behavioural)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1. Phone screen with an HR phone screen.
    2. Phone screen with hiring manager.
    3. 1.5 coding test with 2 questions.
    4. 5 hour onsite interview. 4 of them were 1 on 1. The last one was with a couple of the team members.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to whiteboard FizBuzz. (Seemed pretty trivial for the position)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first had a conversation with hiring manager, then was asked to spend 2 hours to complete an online test.

the problem in the online test was an average algorithm problem, but was not correctly configured in hackerank, I hit the "run" button, the code didn't run due to some missing configurations in maven.xml. I had to search online to correct the maven.xml. Then I manually check the output from the main function, it seemed correct, however, my code cannot pass junit tests, and the unit tests didn't tell me what's my output and what's the expected output, so I cannot debug it.

when I complained to the recruiter about the online test, but I just got a rejection email.

saleforce doesn't seem to respect the candidate's time commitments. in past 6 months, I onsite-interviewed companies like: linkedIn, dropbox, lyft, databricks, and got job offer from facebook, vmware, and paypal. no companies disrespect candidates like saleforce.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It all started with a regular HR call, followed by a call with the hiring manager. Then I got a code challenge to complete. After a week, I had a 3 round panel interview with 6 people. Finally an inteview with a sr director.

Interview Questions

• how to resolve conflicts effectively and challenges solving them in the past   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Started with recruiter contacting me through LinkedIn. The phone screen was set up quickly followed by Online assessment test for 3 hours.
    I was called for onsite immediately after that for 4 interviews including one system design, 2 algorithms and data structures and one hiring manager. When I was returning from onsite, recruiter contacted me on the same day and presented the offer. Extremely helpful and kind recruiter and great Hiring manager and really smooth interview process. This was one of the best so far.

Interview Questions

• Deep dive into project during Hiring Manager round.
      Online assessment test
      Unique question pertaining to your experience and day to day work
      Data strictures and algorithms   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Step-1: Phone Interview
    Manager calls to give brief description about the position, team and want to learn about your career goals and see how you could align with Ohana principles. Also some basic questions as per the job requirements. For example inheritance vs composition etc. Be prepared to explain your current work and also why you would like to join SFDC.

Step-2 : Hacker Rank coding test
    Q: Related to graphs.
    Time: 3hrs
    Note: Unlike other coding tests it's a maven project and expected to write unit tests as well. Maintain good coding principles as much as possible.

Step-3: Onsite
    Multiple Rounds that includes but not limited to
    - Problem solving
    - Data Structures
    - Code debugging
    - System Design

Time: Approx 6Hrs

This is the best interview experience I ever had. Recruiter is very professional and prompt starting from scheduling the interviews to rolling out an offer.
          I felt more like my typical work day rather than an interview. "#1 Best company to work" for a reason. Interviewers are really nice and friendly. In fact that made me feel relaxed and give my best. Keep talking while you try to solve the problem and ask clarifications, if needed. IMO approach means a lot over actually solving it.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA.
      But questions are focused on basic fundamentals that test your analytical skills and data structures knowledge.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA (US)).

Interview

Hacker Rank Coding Challenge, followed by a phone screen where there were couple of questions around the coding challenge and my resume. Then a 4 hour onsite interview with lot of questions around my resume and white-boarding.

My recruiter Clarice Nesbitt was very helpful and quick to respond in all stages of the process. Overall it was a great experience

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Overall the interview process was the best I've ever experienced. The initial online assessment was challenging in the volume of questions asked (but the questions themselves were straightforward). After the online assessment I flew out for an onsite interview that consisted of four interviews.

I was extremely impressed with my HR representative. She was extremely prompt in replying to my emails and getting answers to my questions. The offer negotiation went smoothly thanks to her. Although I knew she worked for Salesforce, it felt as though she was fighting for me to get the best offer possible.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question (a classical NP problem) that I was able to solve followed by a distributed system debugging question   1 Answer
    • Two algorithm questions - the first was simple enough, the second I needed a little guidance as the algorithm wasn't immediately obvious to me.   1 Answer
    • Machine learning / system design interview - discussed some of my PhD research followed by designing a distributed key-value store   Answer Question
    • System design interview - more of a classical system design interview except they were particularly focused on the database schema rather than the actual system   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.