Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was a bit inconsistent. I found it difficult to correspond with the recruiting team but I really do admire the company. Everyone seems to be very happy here and that is clear in the interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why Salesforce?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

There were four rounds. Similar to what you've seen here in other reviews.
    Round 1: Typical HR screen
    Round 2: 30 min meeting with the hiring manager. Really just to assess fit.
    Round 3: Three 30 min interviews with other hiring managers.
    Round 4: Demo - they give you a case and the goal here is to narrow the information given down to key areas and build a presentation and demo around it.

The demo was stressful but so rewarding. They assign a demo coach to help you and I got lots of guidance. I received the offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• During demo:
      Be prepared to get objections around pricing, ability to integrate, and why Salesforce over competitors   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce in September 2020.

Interview

Online interview then demo to perform knowledge based tasks. Review material they offer. Good learning opportunity to gain insight into the business. Also helped give some insight into what they do a daily basis.

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process here was very telling of the culture- friendly, open, and professional! I really enjoyed working through the process and working with the team. They made the process feel natural and very team-focused. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Salesforce employees, interviewers and culture.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about previous Salesforce experience, why you think you would be a good fit, why you are interested in the role, etc. There was also a mock demo. Plenty of mentoring and tools were provided for this exercise, and it was actually a very enjoyable experience. The hiring manager and others provided plenty of guidance and made themselves available for questions.   2 Answers

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tampa, FL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was the most professional and cohesive I have ever experienced. I have worked for companies with 50 employees and 50,000 employees, and this was by far the best experience. Several 1 on 1 interviews followed by a presentation of the Salesforce product and product demo to a panel of executives. Panel was stressful.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, but also important to know the SF product   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Very friendly recruiters and interviewers, had three 30 minute interviews by phone and then received my mock business case for my panel interview. I was assigned a coach for the panel interview and we had two calls, one of which was a "dry run" for the panel. Panel Interview Lasted 40 minutes and is designed to explore your customer facing skills.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you will face at Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. I spoke with the hiring manager and a few team members during the first three rounds. The final round was a case study that culminated with a presentation to a panel of the seven SE's that I had spoken to. You're assigned a coach that is super helpful in the process, and had me well prepared. Overall it was a really good experience. All of the team members are super helpful and insightful. The case study requires time to prep for, but it is absolutely worth it as it helps to paint the picture of a day in the life of an SE.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle push-back or objections in meetings?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was well organized and responsive. The corporate website, LinkedIn article, and other reviews on this site were accurate about the process. Each interviewer resulted in immediate feedback, and if you were to progress to the next step. All Salesforce / MuleSoft staff were professional and engaged. A comfortable amount of emails, confirming schedules / logistics along the process, kept me informed.

There were four phone or video interviews, each ending in go / no-go result. Feedback was quick and helpful.

The fifth interview was a self-prepared presentation, prepped with coaching by a current employee. My presentation was delivered on-scene at the MuleSoft metro Atlanta office. It was a panel forum, with staff on-site, and others via vidcon.

In summary, be prepared, and learn as much about the company and product as you can.

Interview Questions

• Please explain about the MuleSoft product, and API's   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

TLDR: Remote interview with hiring manager, followed by remote interview with technical screen, and finished up with an in-person presentation to a panel of five people.

The entire process took several months to complete, though this might have had more to do with their waiting on a head count to be finalized. Everyone is very transparent, which I appreciate. I was told they were interested in interviewing me, but did not have a finalized head count, so it was possible that even if they wanted to extend an offer, a position would not be available. A lot of companies aren't transparent about this and prefer to keep a backlog of potential employees.

I come from an application development background, so while I am used to interviews involving in-depth questioning about the stack (.NET in my case), white-boarding, and writing sample code, presenting a pre-sales pitch is foreign to me and made this more interesting/difficult.

Thankfully, the entire process is well structured. I was provided with a basic scenario, and given a month to familiarize myself with the product as well as prepare my presentation (slide show + demo). During this process, I was assigned a mentor in the form of a Senior Solution Engineer to help me with any roadblocks. Overall I enjoyed the experience and left having felt it worthwhile, regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• If you put something on your resume, expect that they'll find someone with the necessary background to question you during the technical screen. The panel should feel more like a dialog rather than the stuffy, memorized slide-show presentations that you're familiar with from school.   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 4 steps in the process: First was the phone screen with a recruiter, next was a call with Hiring Manager followed by a call with a team member, ending with an in person panel presentation that you matched with a mentor to get prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when working with a client things did not go as planned. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.