Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Solution Engineer Interview

Interview

Very friendly recruiters and interviewers, had three 30 minute interviews by phone and then received my mock business case for my panel interview. I was assigned a coach for the panel interview and we had two calls, one of which was a "dry run" for the panel. Panel Interview Lasted 40 minutes and is designed to explore your customer facing skills.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you will face at Salesforce?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. I spoke with the hiring manager and a few team members during the first three rounds. The final round was a case study that culminated with a presentation to a panel of the seven SE's that I had spoken to. You're assigned a coach that is super helpful in the process, and had me well prepared. Overall it was a really good experience. All of the team members are super helpful and insightful. The case study requires time to prep for, but it is absolutely worth it as it helps to paint the picture of a day in the life of an SE.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The process was well organized and responsive. The corporate website, LinkedIn article, and other reviews on this site were accurate about the process. Each interviewer resulted in immediate feedback, and if you were to progress to the next step. All Salesforce / MuleSoft staff were professional and engaged. A comfortable amount of emails, confirming schedules / logistics along the process, kept me informed.

There were four phone or video interviews, each ending in go / no-go result. Feedback was quick and helpful.

The fifth interview was a self-prepared presentation, prepped with coaching by a current employee. My presentation was delivered on-scene at the MuleSoft metro Atlanta office. It was a panel forum, with staff on-site, and others via vidcon.

In summary, be prepared, and learn as much about the company and product as you can.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 4 steps in the process: First was the phone screen with a recruiter, next was a call with Hiring Manager followed by a call with a team member, ending with an in person panel presentation that you matched with a mentor to get prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when working with a client things did not go as planned. How did you handle it and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

TLDR: Remote interview with hiring manager, followed by remote interview with technical screen, and finished up with an in-person presentation to a panel of five people.

The entire process took several months to complete, though this might have had more to do with their waiting on a head count to be finalized. Everyone is very transparent, which I appreciate. I was told they were interested in interviewing me, but did not have a finalized head count, so it was possible that even if they wanted to extend an offer, a position would not be available. A lot of companies aren't transparent about this and prefer to keep a backlog of potential employees.

I come from an application development background, so while I am used to interviews involving in-depth questioning about the stack (.NET in my case), white-boarding, and writing sample code, presenting a pre-sales pitch is foreign to me and made this more interesting/difficult.

Thankfully, the entire process is well structured. I was provided with a basic scenario, and given a month to familiarize myself with the product as well as prepare my presentation (slide show + demo). During this process, I was assigned a mentor in the form of a Senior Solution Engineer to help me with any roadblocks. Overall I enjoyed the experience and left having felt it worthwhile, regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• If you put something on your resume, expect that they'll find someone with the necessary background to question you during the technical screen. The panel should feel more like a dialog rather than the stuffy, memorized slide-show presentations that you're familiar with from school.   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was such a positive process and I'm really excited to join the team. The interview process followed the following format:

1. Call w recruiter (screening interview)
    2. Call w hiring manager
    3. Peer panel (in person/ office visit)
    4. Manager panel (virtual)
    5. Final presentation on a Salesforce product (case study)

The recruiter and hiring manager were so engaging and present for me every step of the way. Truly felt like I was making the right decision right from the start and everyone was so kind and engaging throughout the entire process. For interviews 1-4, it was the typical questions (tell me a little about yourself, why Salesforce, why this role, etc...) For interview 5, I got paired with a peer buddy to help navigate the final presentation/case study. Once I got the case study my hiring manager paired me with a peer buddy and we had a call to review and go over any questions. Definitely received a ton of support throughout the process.

I was almost discouraged by the process because when reading through the reviews it seemed so intense; however, I found that after each interview round I was even more excited and engaged. The level of support that I received from the recruiter, hiring manager, and peer buddy was unparalleled and I truly felt like they wanted me to succeed every step of the way.

I ranked the process as difficult but only because there are so many steps. I cannot stress enough that there was a ton of support every step of the way! Also worth noting, I don't have experience using Salesforce. I learned everything through Trailhead and Google. Moral of the story: don't be discouraged.

Interview Questions

• Why this role?
      Why Salesforce?

For final presentation:
      What are the benefits of moving to a cloud-based solution?
      How does salesforce enforce security for users? Is it configurable?
      Is the sales process configurable?
      How difficult is it to build a report?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Eight 30 min to 1 hour video conference interviews with a 1 hour panel presentation on last interview based on specific use case. Was assigned a manager to guide me through the long interview process as Salesforce asks a lot of your time. Manager really went out of his way to set me up for success!

Interview Questions

• Work experience related to product. Areas of improvement in product and why Salesforce product stands out   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Fantastic interview process overall. I had a 6 round interview one hr, one recruiting manager and one technical round over phone. 2 onsite interviews for which travel and accommodation were provided. Final round of video interview with director. The interview was focused on technical and presentation skills.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview w/ hiring manager, manager's manager and two team members. Got a case study: had to do a mock-up discovery to then configure their system and then present to a panel. Unique process - never had to configure a prospective employer's system but it was a very interesting process. Gave me visibility into what I'd be doing should I get the job and the team members. I really liked it. Below I classified the interview as difficult but want to clarify that is wasn't difficult as in unattainable. Difficult in that you can't just show up for your panel with a presentation you slap together. You have to put in the time but they give you all sorts of help to get it done.

Interview Questions

• They asked me all sorts of questions (good questions). They tried to get a sense of how I would handle actual customer questions (objections being one of them) during my panel presentation. I felt they were reasonable and fair questions for the role.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

A friend suggested that I apply to Salesforce and soon after I did I got a phone call from a recruiter who was very helpful. Initially, I was not sure if Solution Engineer would be the right position for me but I quickly realized that it would become my dream job. I loved the description and felt that I would be a perfect fit. I went through several over-the-phone interviews with the manager, director and lead SE. Everyone was extremely engaged and genuinely nice. These calls were mostly to get to know me and understand my experience. Finally, I was brought into their office for an in-person interview which was also the panel demo. At first, I was nervous but they assigned an SE to walk me through preparing for it and I can’t describe how amazing that experience was. It made me want this job even more. They answered any questions I had and put me at ease. In retrospect, I could have done better in the demo but I was self aware enough to recognize my areas of opportunity and I believe that helped. Great experience before I even started working with them.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a project that allowed you to prove yourself at your current job.   1 Answer
    • Why Salesforce?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your best analogies when explaining Salesforce to a new user?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.