Glassdoor Reviews

Found 762 of over 829 reviews

3.8
Glassdoor CEO Christian Sutherland-Wong
Christian Sutherland-Wong
Pros
  • "There is a lot of respect for your personal time and I think in general Glassdoor offers a good work life balance(in 91 reviews)

• "Great people - i know cliche - but love the tech pool and challenges we solve everyday(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I think Glassdoor is still experiencing growing pains in where we want to establish ourselves in the market(in 47 reviews)

• "Commute can be lengthy since the Mill Valley office is in North Bay(in 23 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Amazing Opportunity

Jul 21, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glassdoor is like a dream job for me. I feel like I have a purpose every day I show up to work and truly play a part in making the world a better place to work. On top of that, I have one of the best work life balances that I could ask for. Our open PTO policy and remote work really make that happen.

Cons

Every company has their cons. I would say that Glassdoor needs to improve on some actions that are preached every day. For example, we communicate on the importance of diversity especially within leadership, however, I don't really see that in our leadership (there is some don't get me wrong, and describing leadership I mean Director level and up). I'm not sure if it's because the opportunity isn't available at this time or something else. I do believe the recruiting/hiring process we have in place will eventually help correct that when the time is right.

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Customer Success

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that you feel a sense of purpose working at Glassdoor and fulfilling our mission to help people everywhere find a company and job they love. I am also happy you are experiencing a positive work / life balance. We try to be very intentional in ensuring that all employees are able to find the right balance between their professional and personal lives. Regarding diversity in leadership, I agree that we have work to do in ensuring that our leadership group, particularly Director level and above, is more diverse. I am personally committed to ensuring that our leadership team is representative of different races, identities, backgrounds, perspectives and more. This is an important focus area and I would welcome any additional feedback or perspective you have. Thank you again, I truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts! - Rennie Taylor, Vice President, Customer Success

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just keeps getting better!

Aug 2, 2021 - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glassdoor has an incredibly supportive, employee-first focus in the sales organization. I'm humbled each day to come to work and feel that I have everything I need to not only be successful, but thrive in my career! We are paid very generously at Glassdoor and the commission structure gives you the ability to provide for you family. Even during the pandemic, they gave us quota relief and raises. I'm also really happy to see Glassdoor is paying attention to equity in our org. We know there is work to do, but leadership is sharing what we need to work on and I appreciate that.

Cons

There is no con to working at Glassdoor. From the top down, you can come and do your best work as yourself each day.

3. Ask Employees™

Glassdoor's leadership is committed to increasing the diversity of our teams

Polled: Jul 2021Responses: 194 ResponsesResponses: 194Audience: All employees
      Agree 88 (45%)
      Featured Employee Response

In the last year, the company has made many efforts to prioritize initiatives that support DEI goals and being transparent about the process. The flourishing and vibrant ERGs are a huge testament to that.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best In Class Culture, Transparent , Colloborative and Great People !!!!

Jul 6, 2021 - Director of Analytics in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Amazing work life balance 2. Colleagues across all levels are very friendly, caring, understanding & helpful 3. Great culture probably the best so far I've experienced in my career so far

Cons

Less innovative culture for sure as lot of manual work is done by many teams resulting in high cost , more time, less efficiency and zero skill development for future, I feel no one is looking into it or it's just being ignored where I can clearly see from my side that so much improvement can be done across so many teams, need to have more innovative culture promoting automation and scale to increase efficiency and reduce operational cost and human errors for sure.

4 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Total Rewards & People Ops

Hello, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to address the comments you raised on compensation and our Restricted Stock Units (RSU's). Glassdoor jobs and compensation is based on two third party survey data vendors that release updated salary ranges twice a year; we use these data sets for our Spring and Fall Performance management focal process. Our goal is to always pay people fairly by taking into account the entire pay range for a job and level. In addition we take into account the person's skills and experience relative to the range while having room for growth in that range. Most organizations in all industries target competitive wages at the 50th percentile when benchmarking pay to the external market. At Glassdoor, for Technology and Non-Technology job profiles we pay to the 75th and 65th percentile respectively. This means that 65-75% of organizations we compete with, will pay less than our rate for that role. We index ourselves against companies of similar (size, age, market, industry, geographical tier). RSU grants are also compared to the external market by role and level within Glassdoor. RSUs function as a Long Term Incentive reward (successful performance and tenure offers more rewards). Currently it can be a bit confusing as we migrate off the older LTIPS program and into RSUs (many teammates have both types). However, the good news: later this year there will be a new feature in Workday which will offer our teammates a complete view of the Total Direct Compensation (TDC) they receive from base pay, bonus/commission, long term incentives (i.e., LTIP, RSUs), 401k company matching, FICA tax matching and the actual value of all other the other health, welfare, and life & disability, reward & recognition and employee perks. If you ever feel your compensation is not competitive, please speak to your Manager, People Business Partner or send an email to the compensation team (people@glassdoor.com) so we can look into any concerns and respond. Thanks again for the feedback. - Brian Conner, Sr. Director of Total Rewards & People Ops

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

6 years in and still going strong

Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been quite a ride over the last 18 or so months, but it's really starting to feel like we've turned a corner. Growth is accelerating and momentum is building. I'm honestly feeling more energized now with our new vision and direction than I've felt in my last 6 years at Glassdoor.

Cons

Layoffs a year ago mixed with the COVID wfh situation has been a drag on morale. Looking forward to getting to see my amazing colleagues again when we're back in the office in September!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Glassdoor is owned by a Japanese co (Recruit Holdings) - I have firsthand knowledge that user/poster data is not safe

Jul 15, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great co - or at least I thought it was - great colleagues.

Cons

I work at Glassdoor. My colleague was asked by his manager (on request of his manager's manager, maybe coming from the CEO but I don't know for sure) to share the user data (posts made for other co's, location, browsing activity on the site, etc.) of a user/poster. The request came from Recruit Holdings (this is a Japanese company which owns Glassdoor). Someone at Recruit Holdings wanted the user/poster information (either for their own internal purposes or as a favor for a client, etc. - I don't know how the info will be used). I always assumed Glassdoor very strictly protects it's users' data but I now have evidence this is not the case. If HQ (i.e. Recruit Holdings) pressures Glassdoor management, they will hand over user data. Does anyone know how I can get the word out about this? This isn't right.

9 people found this review helpful

CEO

We take this type of allegation very seriously. The privacy of our users and their information is of critical importance to us. Your claim goes against everything Glassdoor and our parent company, Recruit Holdings, stand for. Protecting the privacy and anonymity of our users and maintaining their trust are paramount to our missions and integral to how we operate. Although we have strong reason to doubt the accuracy of this claim, we are very carefully reviewing your allegation while strictly following our internal processes which protect user privacy. I encourage you to contact me or, if you prefer, our internal employee whistleblower hotline and share any further information anonymously without fear of retaliation or retribution. I want to emphasize that the integrity of our content moderation policies is at the core of who we are. Glassdoor has always been and remains subject to the very same content moderation policies as all other employers. So much so that only a very small subset of our content moderators have the ability to see who submits reviews about Glassdoor. And our policy is strict: nobody, least of all a senior executive at Glassdoor or Recruit Holdings, is permitted to obtain user information in the way described or about anyone who shares content on Glassdoor. Again, as a matter of policy, all reviews published on Glassdoor must be in alignment with our Community Guidelines and Terms of Use. The same standard applies to Glassdoor that is applied to all employers. Christian Sutherland-Wong, CEO

7. 4.0

Incompetent middle management

Jul 24, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Glassdoor, its truly an amazing culture to be a part of. There's a lot of scope for making an impact.

Cons

I am afraid the pace at which innovation happens is just not good enough. Engineering has a few incompetent middle managers who barely understand the engineers' language. And the sad thing is they don't even accept that they don't know everything and dole out instructions to be carried out for completing a task.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

4 years in and going strong

Apr 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Glassdoor is the favorite company I've worked for so far in my career. First and foremost, the company has an amazing company culture. People are really good to one another here. While people are smart and driven, they also care about making sure that everyone works together well. Glassdoor is also having a lot of success as a company. Like any early stage company there are ups and downs, but over the 4 years I've been here I've seen revenue triple and the employee base grow by a similar amount. And I love Glassdoor's mission and that we are creating transparency for job seekers all around the world.

Cons

None really. It's worth saying that we have some big competitors (LinkedIn, Indeed) in our industry so you have to bring your A-game. But I believe in what we're doing and our results show we are having success.

116 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's an exciting time to join Glassdoor

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are incredible and I have a great boss. I believe in the company's mission, and I am so excited about all the great products and experiences we're creating for our B2C and B2B users. I feel like the work I do really makes a difference.

Cons

There's been a lot of turnover lately. It hasn't been on my team, so I'm not 100% clear on the cause.

Vice President, Product Management

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I'm really glad that you're feeling excited by the direction we're heading with our product. I also feel we have a lot of momentum at the moment and just a great team of people to work with to deliver on our vision. I also want to recognize your feedback that we have had some attrition over the past several months and that has impacted some teams more than others. I think we've turned the corner there and have welcomed some great people on board recently who, like you, are passionate about our mission. If at any point you'd like to share any thoughts/suggestions with me on how we can continue to improve, I'd really welcome it. Thanks! - Dave Curran, Vice President of Product Management

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that actually lives up to its core values

May 19, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Extra company wide holidays this year to offset burn out during the pandemic - No pay cuts as a result of the pandemic, and merit increases have been re-instated - Unlimited PTO - Very transparent leadership style - A great job maintaining culture in a remote environment, through virtual events, employee resource groups, newsletters, slack channels, etc. - Focus on Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, not only through our product offerings, but also internally - Glassdoor has some of the nicest people you'll ever meet (and so smart!) - Salary transparency rolled out this past fall, allowing insight into pay bands and your personal compa-ratio - Free healthcare, and a new mental wellness benefit added amid the pandemic

Cons

- There are still some bumps in the road as we navigate our new partnership with Indeed, and find our groove working with them - Workload increased significantly after COVID related layoffs last year, however, we are now in a position to grow the CS team again, which should significantly reduce workload & burn out as we head into the summer months - Because of layoffs, and now onboarding new teammates, there have been many account transitions

5 people found this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee

A career for recent grads

Jun 21, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started my career with Glassdoor in sales and it has been an amazing and welcoming experience so far! From my manager to my team and senior management, they have all extended so much help and have made my transition a lot more smooth. I could not have asked for a better team and manager! A great first experience so far!

Cons

The training was a bit overwhelming but then again, it was packed with a lot of information and that's a sign in the right direction suggesting that sales reps are supposed to be equipped with a lot of knowledge about Glassdoor's products. There was a lot of effort put into the onboarding process and that must be taken into consideration when judging the "overwhelming" aspect. Great team, great company, great manager, and no cons that outshine any of that.

1 person found this review helpful