Investigo Reviews

Updated 28 May 2020

4.6
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance could be better(in 7 reviews)

• "Could be more work done on flexible working hours/ Working from home opportunities(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great company with social culture and career progression prospects"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

With Investigo's open desk policy, the company is highly transparent across the whole business and with Senior Board members. Investigo are great at rewarding hard working staff who deserve recognition with their quarterly high achievers trip abroad. Fun social culture, quarterly internal whole company events allow employees to interact outside of their initial teams. A big charity focus with multiple fundraising events organised throughout the year for all employees to participate in, which are not only so much fun but also contribute to a great cause. The support teams are fantastic in providing timely, quality support to the consultants as and when required. Fantastic marketing team who go out of their way to support consultant requests. They organise regular networking events and insights from industry experts for clients to the highest quality. Management team will provide great support in developing employees skills.

Cons

Hard to say! Although there are already a number of senior women in the business, it would be awesome to see even more senior women in the company.

Investigo2019-07-04
  2. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time

Pros

Excellent company culture Strong leadership (at top and mid level)

Cons

Can get lost in the cogs

Investigo2020-05-28
  3. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent culture, amazing commission structure, no micromanagement (full autonomy), have made a great name - easy to do business, flexible working, excellent support.

Cons

Nothing that stands out at all.

Investigo2020-03-31
  4. "Exceptional People"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the end of the day what makes a good place to work - people. Investigo has them in abundance. Hard working, high performing and down to earth. Investigo is flying as a company with their highest turnover to date, over 250 people now across London, Regions and US and Europe this year. The investment in people is huge - training, personal development for both your career but also you mentally. Great incentives - outside easily the best/most lucrative bonus structure in recruitment we go on all-expenses paid quarterly trips abroad. Have massive Christmas & Summer do's, monthly lunch clubs, weekly team outings and a range of internal charitable/non-charitable clubs. We're about to move to a PHENOMENAL new building shortly in Liverpool St. I cannot recommend more highly having a chat to the people here to see for yourself

Cons

There are only cons for those who really aren't that hard working or simply want an easy ride - but that would be the same for those people anywhere.

Investigo2020-02-05

March 16, 2020Senior Marketing Executive

It is great to see a review titled 'Exceptional People' as that really is the key differentiator at Investigo. Our fantastic culture centres around the people we can proudly call our colleagues and to see this outlined in the above review is brilliant. We hope to continue to retain and attract the same hard working, high achieving and down to earth professionals to join the Investigo family. Thank you for taking the time to leave us review, we appreciate the time and effort this takes. You're feedback will be relayed back into the business.

5. "Great Company, supportive, well paid, fun"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive management Great commission & incentive scheme Fun place to work Great CSR Easy to grow and open about career path Flexible working

Cons

I'm enjoying it, so can't think of any...

Investigo2020-01-09
  6. "Good to work for"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Investigo full-time

Pros

Salary was pretty decent for its size

Cons

Not great work life balance

Investigo2019-11-14

November 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. We know it takes time and effort to leave a review, no matter how brief, and wanted to say it is appreciated and your comments will be fed back to the business.

7. "Entrepreneurial firm with fantastic internal opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant - Strategy in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- High calibre talent, very professional, consultative - Fantastic client platform and reputation - Warm and friendly people - an environment where you can approach the CEO directly for advice -Earning potential is very good -Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management

Cons

-Be prepared to work hard but that is a general rule in recruitment

Investigo2019-10-10

November 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Great to see feedback from our Principal Consultant community, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I think you've hit the nail on the head here, yes recruitment can be hard work but the opportunities, and earning potential at Investigo make it worthwhile. We are always pleased to see the approachability of our senior team mentioned alongside the opportunity and autonomy to develop and grow with like minded entrepreneurs. we hope to continue to deliver to your expectations

8. "Excellent people - great opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- hiring policy is excellent - so you'll work with down to earth people who don't have egos - lots of opportunity to work independently - they don't micromanage anyone - great board who care about the culture of the business and are very positive about where the business is going - the company has a lot of integrity - in the way they treat clients, candidates and staff - Trusted as an agency

Cons

Difficult to share any - I loved working here It was tough when I left and I'd still be working here, if I hadn't moved so far away from London

Investigo2019-09-19

November 20, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for leaving us a review. You can't beat a 'Cons list that starts with 'Difficult to share any- I loved working here' ! Given your reasons for leaving us seem to be geographical we are so pleased that your considerable time with us had such a positive impact and you leave us feeling proud of being part of the Investigo journey. Best of luck for the future and we appreciate you leaving us your thoughts and experiences of your time at Investigo

9. "A business that listens..."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for a corporate agency that felt like school with their approach, I could recommend Investigo enough. You are respected in your space and given the opportunity to truly prove yourself. - Great sales working culture - Always listened to by senior management - Treated like an adult - Flexible working culture - Good incentives - Commission structure clear and motivates to perform well - Incredibly talented consultants in the business - makes you strive to become better. - No rigorous KPI's, but more tailored to each consultant - Clear career path - Exciting growth at Investigo

Cons

- Promotional targets are the same across the whole business. Each sector recruit very different levels and can daunting getting to the target.

Investigo2019-09-17

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

A business that listens is absolutely the best we could hope for from a review! This is exactly the culture that we hope to foster and promote across all our colleagues and to hear of it experienced first hand is always very rewarding. Looking at your list of Pros make us very proud, especially items like flexible working culture and personalised KPIs which are both constantly adapted in response to feedback from our colleagues. It's great that have found Investigo to be a mature and rewarding place to work. You make an interesting point in regards to the promotional targets and whilst we strive to be fair it is certainly something for consideration, your comments will be fed back into the business for review. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

"Great company that's really going places"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good brand in the market, very senior relationships with a number of well known brands. Love the culture and feel of the organisation, grown-up but fun.

Cons

Not really a con, but perhaps more of a heads up to people thinking of joining here. Realistically you've got to be billing over £200,000 to make the commission structure work, but that's what they only hire strong recruiters and put them in good markets. if you're not prepared to work hard to make it, don't bother coming here.

Investigo2019-07-29

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Always great to receive 5 stars, it will never stop being thrilling. Even better than the stars is the endorsement that you feel we are 'going places' and speak of our grown up, fun culture, good standing in the market and strong recruiters. It is always fab to hear where we are getting it right. The commission structure to which you refer I believe is our platinum scheme, which is an additonal bonus on top of our standard commission. Our platinum scheme is designed to provide the best rewards for all those making hitting the criteria, it is open to all and we want everyone to have the opportunity to grow their skill set and ability with us in order to reach it (More info on our website under Work for Us). We hope you are making this extra incentive work for you and enjoying the other perks like, High Achievers trips, that usually come as part of strong billings. Really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, this feedback will be fed back to the business.

Found 181 reviews