Investigo Reviews | Glassdoor.com.au

Investigo Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2019

Found 176 reviews

4.5
Investigo CEO Nick Baxter (no image)
Nick Baxter
Pros
  • "Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "It's a great place to work where the rewards for hard work are clear to see(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great company with social culture and career progression prospects"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

With Investigo's open desk policy, the company is highly transparent across the whole business and with Senior Board members. Investigo are great at rewarding hard working staff who deserve recognition with their quarterly high achievers trip abroad. Fun social culture, quarterly internal whole company events allow employees to interact outside of their initial teams. A big charity focus with multiple... fundraising events organised throughout the year for all employees to participate in, which are not only so much fun but also contribute to a great cause. The support teams are fantastic in providing timely, quality support to the consultants as and when required. Fantastic marketing team who go out of their way to support consultant requests. They organise regular networking events and insights from industry experts for clients to the highest quality. Management team will provide great support in developing employees skills.

Cons

Hard to say! Although there are already a number of senior women in the business, it would be awesome to see even more senior women in the company.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, be mindful about maintaining the great culture and the open, transparent working environment.

Investigo2019-07-04
  2. "Entrepreneurial firm with fantastic internal opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant - Strategy in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- High calibre talent, very professional, consultative - Fantastic client platform and reputation - Warm and friendly people - an environment where you can approach the CEO directly for advice -Earning potential is very good -Ability to grow your own market and develop other business areas with support and guidance from senior management

Cons

-Be prepared to work hard but that is a general rule in recruitment

Investigo2019-10-10
  3. "Excellent people - great opportunities"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- hiring policy is excellent - so you'll work with down to earth people who don't have egos - lots of opportunity to work independently - they don't micromanage anyone - great board who care about the culture of the business and are very positive about where the business is going - the company has a lot of integrity - in the way they treat clients, candidates and staff - Trusted as an agency

Cons

Difficult to share any - I loved working here It was tough when I left and I'd still be working here, if I hadn't moved so far away from London

Advice to Management

The communication across the business is great - in terms of where the company is going, the growth plan etc... maybe more could be communicated regarding new areas of the business you want to explore (i.e. new desks you might be keen for people to consider opening) Don't change your hiring policy. Don't stop caring for your staff. Invest in a comedy course for Stuart Bonner, his material lacks imagination!

Investigo2019-09-19
  4. "A business that listens..."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working for a corporate agency that felt like school with their approach, I could recommend Investigo enough. You are respected in your space and given the opportunity to truly prove yourself. - Great sales working culture - Always listened to by senior management - Treated like an adult - Flexible working culture - Good incentives - Commission structure clear and motivates to perform well -... Incredibly talented consultants in the business - makes you strive to become better. - No rigorous KPI's, but more tailored to each consultant - Clear career path - Exciting growth at Investigo

Cons

- Promotional targets are the same across the whole business. Each sector recruit very different levels and can daunting getting to the target.

Advice to Management

- Keep listening to the staff and do not lose the 'Investigo culture' as we grow!

Investigo2019-09-17

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

A business that listens is absolutely the best we could hope for from a review! This is exactly the culture that we hope to foster and promote across all our colleagues and to hear of it experienced first hand is always very rewarding. Looking at your list of Pros make us very proud, especially items like flexible working culture and personalised KPIs which are both constantly adapted in response to feedback from our colleagues. It's great that have found Investigo to be a mature and rewarding place to work. You make an interesting point in regards to the promotional targets and whilst we strive to be fair it is certainly something for consideration, your comments will be fed back into the business for review. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

5. "Misleading reviews about the company"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I worked at Investigo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

strong presence within finance open door policy for CEO

Cons

toxic culture turnover of staff is enormous my colleagues team had 10 people leave in a 7 month period internal politics no work life balance

Advice to Management

Be honest with staff about people leaving and why rather than shun it under the carpet

Investigo2019-10-10

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Posted on behalf of Nick Baxter, CEO. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your 3 years at Investigo. We’re very sorry you feel like this and take on board all feedback we receive, however unsubstantiated or unusual it may seem. It’s surprising that after 3 years with Investigo, where you must have enjoyed so much that our environment has to offer, you have departed with such an unfavourable view of the business. We struggle to understand why someone would spend that long in a business they clearly didn’t enjoy. The vast majority of people love their time they spend at Investigo, which is reflected in our average score on Glassdoor and very low staff turnover rate compared to our competitors or the industry average. We are always learning and our business continues to evolve and adapt, which includes a very well received flexible working policy which was implemented just over 12 months ago. We try and address any learns head on and have never shied away from tough conversations. We have created working groups at every level, to ensure all staff have a voice and feel like a valued member of the business. It’s a shame you didn’t feel comfortable enough to discuss any of these frustrations during your time at Investigo, as we could have addressed your concerns and worked with you to create a happier and more positive working environment.

"Great company that's really going places"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good brand in the market, very senior relationships with a number of well known brands. Love the culture and feel of the organisation, grown-up but fun.

Cons

Not really a con, but perhaps more of a heads up to people thinking of joining here. Realistically you've got to be billing over £200,000 to make the commission structure work, but that's what they only hire strong recruiters and put them in good markets. if you're not prepared to work hard to make it, don't bother coming here.

Advice to Management

Keep going

Investigo2019-07-29

October 16, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Always great to receive 5 stars, it will never stop being thrilling. Even better than the stars is the endorsement that you feel we are 'going places' and speak of our grown up, fun culture, good standing in the market and strong recruiters. It is always fab to hear where we are getting it right. The commission structure to which you refer I believe is our platinum scheme, which is an additonal bonus on top of our standard commission. Our platinum scheme is designed to provide the best rewards for all those making hitting the criteria, it is open to all and we want everyone to have the opportunity to grow their skill set and ability with us in order to reach it (More info on our website under Work for Us). We hope you are making this extra incentive work for you and enjoying the other perks like, High Achievers trips, that usually come as part of strong billings. Really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, this feedback will be fed back to the business.

"Annual Summer Conference"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- The Investigo diary is full on great events from Charity days, through to family days and many more, but The Grove is definitely one of the highlights throughout the year! - The day time was very fun with sports day style games including sumo wrestling suits which provided lots of laughs - Great to get involved with the regions and meet other people in the business by having them on your team - We had the pool... area booked out with a DJ playing for the rest of the afternoon making it feel like an Ibiza style event - We are generally very lucky to be able to stay overnight at a venue like The Grove and make full use of the spa the next day for free!

Cons

- Often the excitement throughout the day means that people don't stay on their table for the 3 course dinner, so it might be nice to have a more relaxed dinner scenario No Cons though - this is a fantastic day and night

Investigo2019-07-10
  8. "7 weeks in, thoughts so far..."

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is brilliant, everyone is treated with respect regardless of seniority. Employees best interests genuinely seem to be at the heart of most decisions. Summer conference was unbelievable, a fantastic perk and also a big motivator to do well and achieve great things with this company.

Cons

Induction day felt a little disjointed but that feedback has been given internally already.

Advice to Management

Naturally focus on retaining your culture as the business continues to exceed all growth targets

Investigo2019-07-09
  9. "Great company to work for. Best summer conference ever!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultnant in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Investigo is a great place to work, with a very high bar on talent. Compared to other agencies I have worked for, the quality of the people here is exceptional. There is also a genuinely fantastic culture, full of really nice, hard working individuals who clearly love working here. As well as quarterly high-achievers trips, Investigo treats all its employees to an annual Summer Conference at the Grove. The day... includes team building activities (which are actually loads of fun), 5* accommodation, breakfast, all you can eat lunch (honestly the best lunch you could ever imagine with the most amazing food of all different cuisines), drinks and a 3 course dinner and magician. This year we also had a pool party, with exclusive access to the pool and even unicorn inflatables :-) Then dancing into the early hours with a DJ and photobooth. The Grove is an absolutely amazing venue, it is so luxurious and you can use the Spa whilst you are there too. Honestly it is pretty amazing that Investigo pay for everyone to enjoy it every year. As well as seeing how well Investigo is doing as a business, it was great to hear from the charity we support, Ability People. It's great to be part of a business that is giving back. Personally as a returning mum I have found Investigo really supportive this year. They are pretty flexible and you are given a lot of autonomy. It's an exciting time to join, with phenomenal growth including expanding internationally, but also being small enough where you can really own your certain market. Investigo have an experienced hire model, but they do also recruit people looking for a career change, and trainee consultants (around 80/20). I would definitely recommend working here. Thank you Investigo :)

Cons

To be honest none really

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and keep communications open

Investigo2019-07-09

October 14, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review of the business but also our annual conference at The Grove, that pool party was brilliant wasn't it?! It is lovely to hear a parent speak in such positive terms about returning to work with Investigo and the support they have received. We all know recruitment is not the easiest industry to return to after maternity/paternity leave and frequently said to be hard for parents to balance so hearing that we are getting this right for our colleagues is absolutely wonderful. We are delighted to hear we are getting it right for you and we hope to continue to do so going forward. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts we really appreciate it. Thanks!

10. "Great business, drive, ambition and clarity"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Investigo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Surrounded by top performers, strong focus on charity, good at developing peoples careers. Strong leadership.

Cons

I don't feel there are any significant negatives about this business.

Advice to Management

Keep driving forwards whilst also ensuring clear and concise communication to the wider business.

Investigo2019-07-08

October 14, 2019Senior Marketing Executive

A fantastic five stars! That is great to see especially given your tenure with Investigo in which I am sure you have seem plenty of changes as we develop and grow as a business. Always a boost to see top performers, progression opportunities and leadership mentioned in the Pros and we are particularly heartened to see our charity focus in there too, especailly as 2019 is our biggest and best charity drive to date! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Found 176 reviews