Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.4

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral. Two days after completion of the application the recruiter called for the first round interview to see if I met the basic qualifications. The recruiter set up a face to face interview a week later due to my schedule with the BDR team and the panel of managers. The last stage was with the Director of Business Development. Overall the recruiter was one of the most professional individuals you could ask for and the Business Development team was extremely insightful

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter a few days later. She was very professional and asked the standard interview questions. She then set up a 2 hour in person to come in and meet the team. She called me the day before to tell me what to expect, coach me, and give me pointers. I met with 2 current BDRs. They were very casual, laid back and informal. Asked me about my experience and why I want to work at SF.

Then, the managers came in. 3 on 1 (overkill). They all sat across from me with their MacBooks, staring over the glow of their screens at me. I felt like I was at a deposition or giving testimony on Capitol Hill. They were cocky, uninterested, and my interview felt like a police interrogation. Just nonstop grilling and questioning my sales practices already acting like I have no clue what I am doing. At the end they did a mock cold call. You get about 5 seconds to prepare. They are all staring as you are doing the mock call with one of the managers. The manager didn't even want me to succeed, kept stonewalling me with unrealistic objections. One of the managers was on his iPhone scrolling through something when I was doing the mock call. That was incredibly frustrating and distracting. If you wanna cold call 9 hours a day, this is for you. These managers seemed MISERABLE. And there is nothing worse than a bad manager.

Oh, the sales floor was depressing too. Absolutely dead with no activity. This isn't Google, this isn't Facebook, this isn't some cool trendy start up. This is Microsoft/Oracle world. So if that's what you're looking for, go for it. If not, don't say nobody told me....

Interview Questions

• What did you do wrong on the mock cold call?
      Describe SF to a complete stranger.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the BDR position in May 2016. I was contacted by the sales recruiter shortly after, the process moved swiftly. I found the series of interviews to be challenging but enjoyable. They seem to have a great ability to identify strong sales candidates. I had a couple google hangouts before I was given an offer. Overall a great interview experience! Everyone I spoke to had great sales personalities and were easy to get along with. Though Salesforce is a terrific company I didn't accept the offer because I'm looking to eventually move away from a sales role. Their sales program seems to be extremely competitive and numbers focused.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we're looking for in a successful candidate?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The phone screening interview was scheduled for a particular time in the afternoon. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and then appeared rushed as he ran through his list of questions. I got the clear impression that he had not even scanned my resume prior to the call. He was unprepared. It amazes me how a company with Salesforce's reputation lets recruiters like this be the first point of contact with prospective candidates. It really hurts the brand.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Tough process but every person involved was professional and courteous. Went through several rounds. The first round was with a recruiter via the phone. After that, i was asked to complete a document with technical questions around the product. After that round, I was brought in to meet with the Role Manager. After this I met with Piers. And finally SVP for my department.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email within a week for a phone screen. Girl who interviewed was from Canada and sending me emails for interview times around 8pm. When you responded with times she took about 2 days to respond back and half the times you mentioned were missed. I interviewed for a position that I well knew I was over qualified for but it was the only thing available and I know I could move up quickly to a position that was more on my level of experience and pay. I have a job that pays a lot more but I wanted to make a transition to a company I saw I could be with more long-term and could meet my financial and career expectations, alike Salesforce. When I interviewed the girl said I was a little over qualified and they had an opening for the next step up sales position and she would get me an appt with that recruiter. This recruiter was based out of Chicago, she interviewed me two days later and the questions she asked me were not difficult (know your numbers and you should be fine in answering them directly) She kept answering and responding with "uhuh" , "yeah", "sure" it was very rude and robotic. I was even over qualified for this position with my experience as well as solid track record at top fortune 500 companies. She told me she would get back to me on a certain date with a response. I never got a response on the date she told me she would get back to me. I reached out to her a few days later and she then responded with an automated email that there were candidates with more experience. If they had candidates with more experience going for this job with this salary they must be extremely desperate candidates of not good quality willing to take anything. I was already over qualified so it was hard to believe someone could be even more and accept this position. The recruiter at the Chicago location didn't follow up when she said she would. That enough spoke for me that maybe this company isn't all it is perceived to be and they aren't professional.

Interview Questions

• What was your monthly sales revenue goal?   2 Answers

Business Development Representative Interview

Interview

Standard questions: Why do you want to be in this position? What is your current position like, What does your average day look like? And they try to see how you would fit in the company. Unfortunately, they were a little vague on that and didn't tell me who and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is your current position like, What does your average day look like?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2016.

Interview

Great recruitment process from the recruiter based out of San Francisco. She was extremely helpful and professional. 4 person interview which seems a bit excessive for a non-leadership role. The second phase of the face to face interview felt like it was more about cultural fit than talent. I have numerous awards for performance and leadership experience. The primary feedback I was given was my lack of software sales experience which was already understood before the interview. I have a strong technical background however. It seems like this company culture lacks diversity and they aren't open to changing that. I only saw one non- Caucasian face in the office. They brag about equality on the website and equal pay for women. This may be true I just don't feel like I ever had a fair shot which is sad for s company that advertises such a positive culture.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would organize your prospecting list if given 1200 companies to target.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me the next day to set up a brief phone screening. Spoke about my previous experience (call volume, quota, company culture, etc...). Then underwent a phone interview with a hiring manager. Spoke more in depth about specifics of my role (my sales process, biggest success/failure, why SF). Was then brought in for an in person interview with peers and the managing team.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Really long interview process. Three phone interviews and an on-site. First two phone interviews were with recruiters, last phone interview was with a manager, onsite interview was with two managers and two peers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.