Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Lead Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Richmond, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Call with primary recruiter, then Hiring Manager, then HM's peers (2). Invited to create and present a 45 min demo to a panel based on a fictitious company case study. While there was steep competition, the interviewers were very supportive throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I would consider the interview process seamless. The transparency and constant communication from the recruiter makes you feel appreciated that you are not wasting your time. First, I had a phone screen call with a recruiter, next call was with the hiring manager, and third call was with a peer member on the team. Once I got passed these initial calls I was placed in the final round to present a demo to the panel. A very difficult detailed step in the process but was very rewarding once you deliver your final product.

Salesforce was a company that I always wanted to join and applied a few times before but was never the right fit for that particular role. I didn't let that discourage me, so I took it upon myself to go back and learn more about Salesforce in general and came right back confident in my experience and knowledge.

Overall, I really enjoyed it, met great people along the way, and would recommend that other companies follow the Salesforce recruiting process!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Multiple individual phone screens and video interviews. Hands on project and product demo and final panel presentation to about 10. Really enjoyable to get my hands on the product and see how easy it was to implement and come up with insights to present and tell a story.

Interview Questions

• What project(s) have you worked on that you were most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see the healthcare industry readiness on......   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Multiple rounds ending with the development and full presentation of a Salesforce org. You are given a coach to help you along the way. Spoke with various managers across the team before and after the presentation. While the process is intense, they really want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Salesforce? Why this position? What are some of the benefits of a cloud based solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was referred by a current employee for a position and was began some phone interviews with the hiring manager and current team. I then had an in-person interview where I did a presentation to the team. The hiring manager and recruitment team was helpful in preparing for the interviews and presentation so that I had the best opportunity to succeed. I ended up ultimately no getting the initial job for which I applied, but they came back to me with a position that was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• They did ask one technical question that I didn't know the answer to.   1 Answer

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I had four phone interviews, one google hangout preparation call, and a final in-person stand and deliver presentation. The stand and deliver presentation was attending but the four people I had interviewed with, plus the recruiter and one more Solution Engineering Manager.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about this position?   1 Answer

Lead Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Very positive and transparent process. Spoke to recruiter first that explained role and interview process. Last step is a panel presentation on a case study they provide. When the recruiter first explained the presentation piece it was overwhelming. However, they give you a mentor for you to ask questions, do practice runs and get feedback. The presentation lasts 60 minutes and you will be role playing as if you are in the role and the people in the room are the client. The presentation is not about how well you know Salesforce and the product. It’s to see how prepared you are, how you react if the customer throws you a curveball, etc.

Interview Questions

• Salesforce is much more expensive than your competitors. Why should I go with salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Everything went very smoothly. After a call with a recruiter, who was also great, I had 4 phone interviews and an onsite presentation. to a panel. I was also assigned a coach, whom I could bounce ideas off of before the actual presentation and he provided a lot of value.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on my platform experience as well as pre-sales experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and fairly lengthy. I interviewed with about 6 people over the phone (various titles and roles) over the course of 3 months and then was invited to come onsite to present to a panel of about 8 people. The onsite interview took about 2 hours total and then they made a decision within a week after that. I would say the whole process from start to finish took about 4 months. I thought the process was very professional and there was great communication along the way.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict in the workplace? Example: disagreements between the technical team and sales team on presentation approach and dynamic.   Answer Question
    • What was one of your most memorable deals and why?   Answer Question
    • What would you say are the top 3 qualities for a successful Solutions Engineer?   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed and not hurried, until the end when we were running up against a deadline (Dreamforce) and then it was expedited. People were very friendly, but it sometimes took until the last minute for the recruiter to update me on progress and I had to follow up sometimes to keep the process moving.

Interview Questions

• How could you have made that process better with the addition of Salesforce?   1 Answer
    • To demonstrate my presentation skills   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.