Salesforce Program Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Program Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.7

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I got connected with the recruiter through the referral. The process was really smooth and I haven't seen such a great recruiter. My recruiter was one of the best recruiters I have ever worked in my entire career. The overall team was very friendly and welcoming. I had forst round of technical interviews with on the senior Architect. It was a video call, the interviewer was not able to turn on his camera but he informed me in the beginning and it was fine. It was not related to Salesforce Architecture it was more generic technical interview. He primarily asked things related to the Integration, web services, Networking, Enterprise Architecture.
Second round was my panel interview with 3 directors, it was a split with 20 minutes of the initial introductions and Q/A followed by upto 20 mins of panel presentation. This presentation was mainly to understand your executive presence and how you map projects with business values. It is supposed to be an executive presentation with overview but they do expect you to showcase some level of architecture and processes. Followed by the presentation they will ask you questions and also expect to ask any questions about the role and the team which is usual.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face during this project?
    What was your role?
    How did you overcome your challenges?
    Why SOAP or REST?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

This was second time I interviewed for the same position. 6 months back I was not selected, based on the last panel interview. I applied both times with Employee Referral , I believe the referral does matter to get you the interview call faster but does not factor in selection , which is totally based on your interview performance.

Interview process - I got call from recruiter to discuss the process , my expectations etc. I was told that there will be 3 rounds of interviews - Technical 1:1 , consulting 1:1 and Panel presentation .
    The technical round was not tough(I was very well prepared) , questions were on in general software architecture, integration,enterprise architecture, middle-ware, software designs, etc. There were no Salesforce specific questions.
    After the first interview I was told that they would skip the second round and go for the panel interview presentation directly .
    Panel interview was 20 min of introduction and general questions, 20 mins of my presentation and Q&A, and 20 minutes for me to ask any questions.

It's important that you plan your ppt to finish in time and leave enough time for questions (I did this mistake last time I interviewed). Questions were about the topic I presented.
    Couple of pointer I would note to include in your ppt-
    ppt has to have a right mix of Business and technical details.
    you should be able to explain the business case clearly
    you should be able to show the value the project added by solving the problem

The process took 2 weeks, I had offer in had by the end of 2nd week and it was all remote .

I wish you all good luck.

Interview Questions

• How would you designs a web application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The process is well structured and has a logical flow to it. Interviewers and the interview panel during the presentation round was very well qualified and informed.The process ensures that interviewees feel part of it and have the opportunity to showcase their experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you help transform a traditional IT shop to bimodal IT leveraging API connectivity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I am totally impressed by the whole process and the people interacting with me. Very professional and completely transparent. I enjoyed it! Right from application and first HR review I got a complete clarity of the role and the expectations. There were multiple rounds of the interview along with a final presentation round. The process gave me the real feel of how the job will be like and gave me enough confidence about my fitment to the role. Awesome company processes and awesome people. Looking forward to work here and contribute.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were aligned to the technology and approach of solving problems. I don’t see a common set of questions it might be there but they were asked very contextually   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2019.

Interview

This was my 2nd attempt (this time with employee referral), about a year after the 1st (recruiter contacted me). So I had a recruiter screening, followed by a technical interview, followed by the final panel presentation, no separate "consulting" interview, and the entire process (even I-9 verification) is remote.

Interview Questions

• What are the key integration patterns and when do you use one vs. another?   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Interview

The process consisted of four phases: initial conversation with Salesforce Recruiting, Technical Interview, Consulting Interview, and Panel Interview. I was impressed by the structure of the process, the professionalism of the Salesforce team members I spoke with, and the breadth of the questions posed at each stage. The interviewers also provided ample time for me the to ask them questions about the role. Salesforce's approach is the most well-rounded and comprehensive I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a poorly performing web web app? Where would you start?   Answer Question

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Cumming, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The process took 2 months from Initial interview to Visa process. All of the interviews are over phone/Hangout, the final presentation round is via a shared screen session.

Everything is well organized and co-ordinated, they even worked with me over a schedule that works for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience/project that best describe my skillset (which are ofcourse inline with the role)   1 Answer

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for this position a little over a year ago. I got through all the interviews but I was a little lacking in some important aspects. So I reapplied recently and knowing how to answer questions and present landed me the offer. The process was a lot quicker, the first time was almost 5 weeks with 3 levels of interviews, it's now only 2 interviews and was able to close everything out in about 3 weeks, I did get a referral from a colleague at Salesforce which I think got me the initial screening a bit faster.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview focused on experience, as well as the basic concepts of Salesforce Architecture. Knowing the differences between the various features and clouds is importance.   1 Answer
    • Presentation Panel   1 Answer

Program Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2019.

Interview

There were 4 interviews.
    1) Recruiter
    2) Technical
    3) More Technical
    4) Business Use Case

If you are a solution engineer, the overall process should be straight forward like a typical sales opportunity.

They look for candidates with solid cloud acumen and a technical business background. For me it was pretty easy because I have lots of ERP/SCM and CRM experience as a business analyst and developer; (not much salesforce though), have a solid PaaS and IaaS knowledge and able to present both a technical and business use case. The key on the final interview is to focus on a business use case; stay away from deep dive on products, but showcase some solutions with architectural and reference diagrams (highlevel). Show how you worked thru the use case from start to finish, milestones, objective handling a how you won the deal or succeed in your use case.

I had a little trouble with the 3rd (more technical) interview because the interviewer (also a Program Architect) called me on a cell phone (was supposed to be video), and the phone was choppy and he had a heavy accent; so I had to repeat the question and answer a few times in different context to iterate what I was trying to tell him. However, we got thru it in the end and I think I dazzled him with my technical background and knowledge of cloud (5 years as a cloud architect).

Overall the process was great and my recruiters JW and AE made sure I was acclimated with the interview process and expectations well before the interview date. For interview 4, make sure you ask for enough time (5-7 days +) so you have lots of time to prepare for a awesome presentation.

I mentioned that I did not have a lot of SFDC experience. I have used it and built integrations with it many times, but I would consider myself a novice. They are not necessary looking for SFDC experts, they will train you on that for the first 90 days or so, where you will gain your certifications. They are looking for smart people that have the background to learn the product quickly.

Good luck!

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tampa, FL (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Screen by Recruiter ~30 mins
    Technical Interview ~45 mins
    Consulting Skills Interview ~45 mins
    Panel Interview ~1 hour
    Next Steps - as appropriate

The Recruiting Team takes care to make sure you have the logistics necessary well in time for the interview. You are given the details of the person interviewing you, the nature of the interview, the subject areas to focus on. At each step, they make it a completely transparent process.
    The best part is, you are given a feedback WITHIN HOURS of the interviews.

At each stage, the interviewers go out of the way to help you make this as a very pleasant process. They discuss with you areas of concern and expect you to respond appropriately. They probe deeply into your views and thinking and that makes the discussion worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in a customer engagement.
      (Specifically, talk about the process, objectives of the engagement, significant stages/tasks, your role, what was the value added to the customer)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.