Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Salesforce has a protracted interview process and unprofessional response time for a company that portrays itself as a cutting-edge leader in the software industry. They could use some experience with older hires.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. The recruiters and the hiring managers were all very supportive and encouraging, which made me more excited about joining the team. they moved quickly and were very transparent throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Extremely professional, from the recruiters to the hiring manager to the others involved in the process. Clearly articulate the process, the objectives and expectations. Excited to join this company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in joining Salesforce? What about our company most attracted you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a great experience. I felt very prepared for each stage of the interviewing process. It was a challenging process, but I expected it to be. I had an opportunity to ask questions prior to each stage of the process so I felt ready for each step in the process. Everyone was great during each step of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• During the final interview, the panel threw a few objections at me, which I expected them to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

There was one phone screen before the on-site interview. The phone screen was super relaxed and the main purpose was to get a full understanding of your background and what you are looking for. The final round was 90 minutes and basically covering what would you do situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe Salesforce to someone who has never heard of it.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process. Call with a recruiter, then on to a hiring manager, then finally onsite for an hour of behavioral questions about sales, your cycle/style of selling, and why salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Give the steps to how you run a traditional sales cycle?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that Salesforce is not a company that truly cares about real diversity and cultivating it. Mark Benioff talks about increasing diversity and equality within Salesforce but has not made any true advances towards real equality. The culture that Salesforce fosters can be seen through their management and leadership. It definitely shows that they don't care about people of color and that you need to be Asian or White to work there.

You can check out Salesforce Diversity numbers on their website.

I have been networking and speaking to different people at Salesforce for about 11 months now and have not been hired for one position in the company. Even after taking time to pick up a Salesforce certification, being recommended by multiple people from the company for different roles, networking with Salesforce Diversity groups, and being invited as a VIP to a Salesforce Diversity and Inclusion networking event, none of that really mattered. They told me that it's really hard to get in and to keep trying. I even interviewed for an entry level Sales Rep and did not get a call back. Keep in mind that they hire people straight out of college for this position with no experience and I have about 5 years of experience in tech. Apparently I was too technical to do Sales from what I was told by management. That interview felt more like hazing than anything else from the questions they asked.

Even the employees I know from the company say that Salesforce is really lacking diversity, especially within the Sales and Marketing departments. Most of the colored people I know, men, women, and LGBT's, tend to be the only ones on their team and most of the time feel unincluded. I have heard about that from both a social and professional aspect this is happening internally.

Today I will be attending a tech inclusion event at the innovation in the Palace of Fine Arts. The event is sponsored by Google and many of the top tech companies will be there. I heard that Salesforce raised a lot of money for the event but decided that it was not worth attending because the candidates coming today would not be good enough. I also heard that they made changes last minute to have a table there because it didn't look good that they weren't going to show up.

I wanted to work for Salesforce, but I have seen how they treat their current diverse talent and diverse prospects and am not interested so much anymore. If they are looking to leave, I don't think I should be looking to onboard with Salesforce. Everything they say about Ohana and diversity is really just a bunch of nonsense.

I am hoping the arrival of Tony Prophet will change things for the better and turn Salesforce into a place where I still am interested in working at. Hopefully I can meet him today if Salesforce will be attending.

Interview Questions

• How were your metrics measured?   4 Answers

Salesforce Response

17 Nov 2016 – Chief Equality Officer

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your experiences engaging and interviewing with Salesforce. I want to assure you that Salesforce's commitment to equality as a core value is absolute - we know we have a journey ahead to realizing our vision of Equality for All. Our team is building the path forward, and your feedback has been shared with the leaders of the groups mentioned in your review in an effort to raise awareness of areas where we might be able to improve. We are fortunate to receive a high volume of applications for nearly every role that we have open here at Salesforce. Our explicit guidance to our hiring teams is that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We are working tirelessly to train and educate our employees to be aware of potential biases (including unconscious) and work to overcome them. If you are comfortable, please reach out to me at equality@salesforce.com to share any further insights on your experience that might help us move forward faster when it comes to creating a company that truly welcomes all.

Tony Prophet
    Chief Equality Officer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by a recruiter. It was awful as the recruiter expressed a distaste for me almost immediately. Why was I contacted then? Glad it ended abruptly and I can move on. I was surprised by the superiority and general classless attitude of the recruiter considering the tremendous reviews in the media and Glassdoor. I guess you never know until you do. I'm glad I do now.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

6 interviews - 2 with HR via phone, 1 with sales manager via phone, 3 in-person.
    Interview process was difficult, but I prepared and had the metrics to back it up. Be sure to be prepared. If you don't actually want to be in sales long-term, I wouldn't waste your time. I had a positive interview experience and really liked everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel back to any time frame in history, what would it be and why   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds with internal recruiters, and then a final onsite with a current SDR and two of the SDR team managers.

First two rounds with the recruiters were very straight-forward, made it sound like the process would move smooth. Final round was less than smooth. The first SDR I was speaking with didn't know my name, and had no questions prepared for me. I felt like I was the one who was facilitating the interview. The second round was just having questions fired at me for 40 minutes, some of which has nothing to do with sales or the job because they want to see how you "handle curveballs." At the end when closing the interviewers I found the hesitations they had quite rude and less about the role overall but instead about me personally. I've heard from other people who interviewed here that the process and interview was quite crass, and I could not agree more. Left a very bad taste in my mouth and walked away feeling extremely put off. Could not wait to get out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest inspiration? What is the one question you wished we'd asked you? How would you explain Salesforce to someone who didn't know what it is? Why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.