Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Senior Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.6

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process is very straightforward and you're provided guidance every step of the way. Most reviews have described this in detail already. If you do you research and check out the reviews, you'll have everything you need to succeed in the interview. The people you work with are there to help and really go out of their way to ensure you're successful. Be yourself, be clear about what you've done, and explain what you're looking for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2020.

Interview

Very clear expectations from the beginning. I was assigned a mentor to guide me through the process and she was incredibly helpful. The process included coffee chats followed by a super-day (panel) with role-playing. I had 2 weeks to prepare for the panel. I was given a business case and had to prepare a powerpoint and a demonstration over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Lots of role playing questions, i.e. from the perspective of leadership at a fictitious company. Examples: how will this increase my revenue, what about the cost, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral for the team I was hoping to join. I had a series of 1:1 interviews, then a discovery/panel process that took about 3-4 weeks. I felt incredibly supported through the entire process, and that Salesforce had really invested in me even just as a candidate. You are assigned a coach through the discovery/panel process who are really invaluable, allowing you to bounce ideas off them and do dry runs of your presentation. I felt like they wanted me to succeed throughout the process, and it made me even more motivated to join the team. Definitely one of the better interview processes of my career.

Interview Questions

• My role is for their healthcare vertical, so a lot of questions centered around big challenges that face healthcare orgs today   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an introductory meeting with the hiring manager (not typical, usually a phone call), then 3 or 4 phone calls with the team, then I was provided a business case in which you preform a mock discovery. From there, the last round was a demo in front of 10ish people & a few on the phone.

The demo was a bit nerve wrecking but overall wasn't that bad. They look for your presentation skills and how you can handle yourself when faced with difficult questions.

Overall, the process was thorough and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• During the Demo - a question was asked about integrations with legacy systems   1 Answer

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. The process took about 5 weeks from pre-screen to offer. Salesforce goes out of its way to make sure it's a fit. I had a pre-screen, a meeting with the hiring manager, a meeting with two of his team members as well as an onsite panel. I was assigned a mentor for the panel presentation and she was PHENOMENAL.

Interview Questions

• Q. What value do you think your past experience will bring to this role?   Answer Question
    • Q. This role requires a person to have excellent time management and an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously. How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from a recruiter and then an interview with the hiring manager. I was then given a case study and had to do a mock discovery and demo in front of a panel. A coach as well as the hiring manager helped me prepare during the entire process and were incredibly supportive. The interview process was intensive but very rewarding as you will learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a difficult co-worker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was seamless and very professional. I had five phone interviews and then gave a presentation/demo to a panel in San Fran. All in all it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Salesforce?   1 Answer

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

After submitting my application a recruiter reached out to set up interviews. I had a couple different interviews with different people, both in the SE and Sales departments. It was explained a couple times that this was as much an opportunity for me to interview them as it was them to interview me. After some phone interviews I was invited to an in person interview/presentation.

Interview Questions

• If you were to rate yourself on a scale of sales and technical ability, say 100 points, what would be the breakdown? (i.e. 50/50, 60/40, etc)   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Durham, NC (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Received phone call from Sr Recruiting member.Did not gave much information how he got my profile, requirements, location.He basically told interview coordinate will work with me with all logistics .She is only person I felt passion and professional with her job.
    First she told in person interview later changed to phone interview with Hiring Manager.
    30 minutes Call.I think in driving car and did interview.25 minutes later he hold Sr Recruiting member will work with me in a WEEK.Hiring Manager pretty much told he want me to onboard.
    BUT no call email Sr Recruiting member three week I emailed no response .Application portal dashboard still "Stage : Interview".
    As of today two months come up with new role by Sr Recruiting member and told still Senior Solutions Engineer on review.I love SF products but I will never work what a shame really feeling bad.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Took 4 weeks from initial to offer. Great process. Put the effort and time into the panel presentation as they will note your ability to collaborate and be a team player during the preparation process

Interview Questions

• Give me your elevator pitch on yourself   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.