Salesforce Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and did a hackerank. Received an instant reply that the team would get back with me when they could look at my results. Didn't hear back for another few months, when I scheduled a 30 minute virtual interview. Woke up the day after the interview and had received an offer

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with certain technologies and how I would solve difficult problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Had a coding challenge and then a phone interview. Pretty simple interview process and standard at most companies. Word of advice, review your data structures (maps, sets, trees, self-balancing trees, etc.)

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied at school career fair, they emailed me a month and a half later. Did two phone interviews. First interview was technical interview, asking general questions from OOP concepts, data structures, and one coding problem on data structures. Second interview was with the team manager--mostly behavioral questions.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2018.

Interview

The process started with a hiring manager round first, a remote programming test and then an onsite interview with the team. The recruiter I worked with was very friendly and prompt in responding to queries. The questions ranged from OOPS concepts to J2EE, REST API concepts and work experience.There were white boarding questions as well.The interviewers were very friendly and the entire process was very interactive.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose due to NDA. If you have done your college course work well you would be able to answer the questions. The questions are more or less to test your understanding towards design, data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Herndon, VA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I did a technical interview in December, one in January, then I had a final interview in March. It took some emails to keep everything rolling throughout that process. This is understandable considering the volume of applicants.

Interview Questions

• //Identify the discrepancy between two mostly identical arrays.
      //A = [3,1,4,5,2,6,6]
      //B = [3,5,2,1,4,6]

Was also asked to create a more performant solution and analyze its complexity.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First interview was with a software engineer on the team I was selected for, second was with my eventual manager and another Salesforce employee. Both were more behavioral than technical (which I was told was due to the unique nature of the specific team/project I was selected for)

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past work experience and projects   Answer Question
    • Talk about how you gather requirements for projects   Answer Question
    • Talk about current tech trends, current software dev tech, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted for phone interview over a month later. Only one round, 2.5 hour video interview. Also interviewed with another team and did 2 final round 1 hour interviews. No screening or anything like that. Had only 1 round of interviewing for both teams and they were both final rounds.

Interview Questions

• Extremely team specific design questions + 2 leetcode easy/mediums   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews, one with a software engineer and the other with the hiring manager.

The interview with the software engineer was first, and it was mostly a technical interview, but there's also a Q&A portion where you can ask the engineer about the work they do, etc. Be prepared to also talk about your past experiences and a project or two that you're passionate about.

The interview with the hiring manager was mostly to see whether or not I was a good fit for the team, so it was talking about what the team does, and what I would be doing on the team. There was also a "technical" portion, but nothing coding or CS related. Instead, the questions were more problem solving and logic puzzles based.

Interview Questions

• Your basic data structures and algorithms questions, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Unlike Google, Facebook, and Amazon, Salesforce matches you up with a team to interview with instead of matching you with a team after the interview (at least this is what happened in my case). I had two total remote interviews.

My first interview was an hour-long video interview with this team's engineering lead. As I had CSS, Java, and JavaScript on my resume, I was asked some language-specific questions about them. I was also asked to complete a straightforward CTCI-type question on a Google Doc. I was given the opportunity to ask the manager about the internship, the projects I'd be working on it, the tooling, etc. About 4-5 days later, I was notified that I made the next round.

My second interview was an hour long phone conference with 3-4 engineers on this team. The interview was focused pretty intensely on my work and project experience. They wanted to know which tools I used, certain tradeoffs that I had to make, testing/CI, etc. This interview was more relaxed because I had a good handle on my projects. I also had an opportunity to ask questions about the internship, team, and tooling. About a week and a half later, I received an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Stopped by their table at the Career Fair at UC Berkeley. Got an email the same day notifying me of an on-campus interview the coming Friday. That was a short 35 min interview that went over resume and some whiteboarding to check I knew my data structures. Was notified within a week about the final round on-site. That was 2 hours of technical questions ranging from system design, algorithms, technical questions based on what I had written on my resume, and some brainteasers. I heard back 3 weeks later that I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• General coding interview questions from CTCI/ firecode.io/leetcode   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.