Salesforce User Experience Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Salesforce User Experience Design Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

2.9

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1. Recruiter phone screening: related past experience and reasons for applying; answering questions about the hiring procedure
2. On-site portfolio review with 2 designers and behavior related questions
3. On-site portfolio review with 2 designers and behavior related questions
4. On-site whiteboard challenge with 2 designers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out informing that it was a video interview and another coordinator set it up.
    Due to personal reason, I needed to reschedule for the time. The coordinator rescheduled it but didn’t include a video link. The coordinator said it was a phone interview. I got confused and asked her to confirm. She ended up saying that I was right and she got me confused with another person with the same name.

It was a remote video interview. Since the interviewer joined the meeting, he was very sleepy. He’s been yawning through out the interview. After my 2-min self intro, the interviewer commented that it was a long intro. He started to become explicitly rude. Along the process, he was asking non-design related questions and asked about my internship experience. However, the interviewer was asking things that were out of my job responsibility. For one internship, I did not put on my portfolio. He questioned about that and shook his head about not putting it on my portfolio. He was not really focused when I was talking from the very beginning, and asking duplicate follow-up questions.

The whole process felt unprofessional to me. The mixed up coordination and the rude interviewer overall left a bad impression of the company.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral and heard back about 1 week later from a recruiter saying that I would have a 30 minute video call with a member of the team in a week. After that, I heard back from the recruiter saying I would be moving to the next round, and had another 30 minute call with a senior member of the team about 1 week after. A few days after that I went onsite to have a full day with multiple interviews with different design team members as well as a design challenge. The challenge had a group part (worked with the team) as well as an individual part + presentation. I also walked the entire team through my portfolio in greater detail. I heard back a few days later that I had received the offer.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me but rescheduled around 3 times which delayed some of my other competing interviews. I found the whole process kinda messy compared to other companies. The interviewer was 10 minutes late and overbooked with another meeting where he had to leave 15 mins early. It was not organized and not professional experience

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

28 Apr 2018 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The etiquette displayed during your interview is unacceptable and does not accurately represent Salesforce. We appreciate the opportunity to reeducate our teams. Should you consider interviewing with us in the future, I trust that you'll have a better candidate experience. This review has been brought to the attention of the appropriate hiring team so that we can make improvements. Thank you again for your insight and best of luck with your search.
    - Ana Recio, SVP of Global Recruiting

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process is smooth and easy. There are no tricky questions and most of the questions are behavioral. The interview extended from 30 minutes as scheduled to 50 minutes. We spent on most of the time talking about my portfolios.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with Lead Designer - Phone Interview with Director of Software Engineering - Offer
    I applied online after which the recruiter got in touch with me for a potential opening. Went through the above process.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2016.

Interview

For the first interview, I got a Phone call with a recruiter, it will take awhile for the process to go through. After that, I was an interview over the phone again with one of the team members. The final interview, I had a video interview with the teams.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Salesforce rather than pursuing your own business idea?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got first round interview about 1 week after I submitted my application. I interviewed with two UX directors, but it was primarily self intro + briefly walking through my design works in my portfolio. After my self-intro I was asked how I feel I became a better designer after I came to US and studied HCI. I was not well prepared for that question, and I felt not very good about my performance in the first-round interview. However, surprisingly I got an email only 45 minutes later to schedule the next round interview. The second round interview was quite similar with the first one, with the two UX director as well. More deep into my portfolio. I went through 1 project in my portfolio but they didn't really ask question about my work. I can hardly feel the sentiment from their response, but very quickly, I got a phone call from Salesforce recruiter saying they would like to move me forward and asking me which office works better for me (SF or NYC). I chose NYC and she said an on-site interview will be scheduled within one week. I happened to have an on-site interview with another company at NYC, so I just booked the interview with Salesforce in the following week. On-site interview at SOHO office was quite comfortable. I had very wonderful conversation with one design lead in the office, talking about my experience and my opinions about HCI design, and of course showing my portfolio. Then I interviewed with the hiring manager, he didn't challenge me with any interview-style questions but asked what are my top skills and what project I would love to work on. The last session was talking with an engineer and a product manager, they are all very nice and I felt nothing negative.

All-in-all, the entire interview process was super streamlined and smooth. People were all very nice during the interview. (P.S. would love to hear more critique and comments) I think a good portfolio is very important to set a good impression at the beginning. Besides, a good UX designer should confidently share your own opinion about design and product. These are two things they care about I guess.

Interview Questions

• How did you grow up to become a designer? Did you have the experience that your design proposal was declined by a stakeholder?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by 4 employees and lasted about an hour long. First they asked me to connect my computer to a monitor and go through 1-2 of my case studies I prepared from my portfolio. During my presentation, they would ask me questions to validate my reasoning and understand my thought process. After this, they gave me a whiteboard challenge that involved drawing a user flow for a landing page to a form. I had my inteview at a bad time since it was just before the Christmas holidays so I don't blame them for the lengthy process. I got a call back with an offer about a month after. The whole process was quite casual and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• (Whiteboard challenge) We are unable to place that link in the area you suggested. How else would you approach this knowing this restriction?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview went over 30 mins, ranging from normal interview questions, to specific questions about the design process, visual design and user experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you more comfortable with visual design or interaction design?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.