VMware Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Reston, VA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview with an HR person on West Coast first, filled out two candidate questionnaires, phone interview with HR person in Virgina then a phone interview with hiring manager. All went well and have sent follow up emails with no response back. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Quick and Effective
    Interactive and engaging
    Effective Panel
    across different levels
    Panel included one woman leader
    Clarity in the process
    Adequate information shared
    Consistency in the messaging
    Very insightful and informative
    Transparency throughout
    Panel was passionate and had the drive making the interview interesting

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2018.

Interview

Felt like the whole hiring process is controlled by upper management. HR telephone call, Onsite interview with hiring manager / team..
    I felt like the senior management had already decided on the potential candidate (friends and relatives of the employees) and was interviewing skilled candidates for ideas

Interview Questions

• STAR interview process
      Conflict and people management skills scenario questions etc.   1 Answer

SE Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Sydney) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online after speaking with existing connections working in the business. Phone screen with talent acquisition initially, then five interviews with a mixture of 1:1 and panel. Coverage of interviewers was good, and was given great insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I applied via an employee referral. Recruitment got back to me the same day, very keen to speak. I had a couple of telephone interviews with HR, then was invited to a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Nobody told me the next steps. More than a month went by and it was obvious I had not been successful but it would have been nice to be contacted, even a generic 'thanks but no thanks. Their candidate care could use some work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you...   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Reyes, Veracruz (Mexico)

Interview

Hiring process on the business side was a prolonged deal. Lasted over 2 months and could have potentially stretched over for another month.

Interview Questions

• I think I got caught between two VPs who had different ideas and expectations about the role of the position.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Cork (Ireland)) in August 2012.

Interview

Very quick, informal process. Battery style interview. Competency based interview style. Focus on KPIs, team work, customer focus,escalation management. Scenario style interviewing make sure you have examples ready for each question. Good tip is clear and concise example what action you took and the result of your action

Negotiation

Straight forward they offered more than I was on

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware in November 2011.

Interview

Very Systematic and Professional. Crystal Clear job descriptions and followup process.

Negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the job in question. I wrote a coverletter addressed to the recruiter. I got a call the very next day to have a discussion. I pushed the discussion until the next day. When the agreed upon time arrived I didn't get a call. I emailed and got a response to pushing the meeting to about 2 hrs later. The questions were basic, some examples are: What do you like in your current postion? What don't you like?
    I was asked directly how much I made in salary, bonuses etc. and if I was willing to make a lateral move.
    I got an email a couple of days later asking me questions relating to experience in a particular function. After that email I haven't heard from recruiter since. I followed up with an email asking if there is anything I could clarify for them regarding my abilities and/or experience. I have yet to hear from them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.