VMware Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Sales

VMware Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

They run a solid interview process. Expect to have multiple interviews and calls with different people in the company to pursue a position here. They seem to be a friendly and professionally run company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Sales Interview

Interview

Challenging but incredibly rewarding to get through the process and receive the offer. I would recommend applying to all of my peers and it helps if you are a referral.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging tasks that your manager asked you to complete during your previous company's employment? Did you succeed?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The recruiter for one role seemed very positive about my experience and going to the next step. Then - nothing. I applied for other roles with no response. I even provided a very good reference and verifiable performance history and continue to watch men with less credible experience that I know were poor performers in previous roles get hired over me. I won't be applying for any more roles for VMWare and would advise women to focus their searches elsewhere. A quick search on linkedin shows almost all men in sales as well. All the signs of another tech boys club.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two sales managers. Fairly straightforward and base level with standard behavioral questions and introduction about myself. They also gave a tour of the office and introduced me to some of the sales staff that I might be working with.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Worst interview I've ever experienced. First of all very disorganized and unprepared. They didn't even have the people they said they would have. They only want college students as the salaries are very low. So if you are well seasoned do not waste your time. If you are just starting then this would be a GREAT place as you will get knowledge.

Interview Questions

• To bring in a presentation so you could sell to them   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It involved a phone screen and an on sight interview. Overall, it was very straight forward. I didn't think that it was that difficult and was strictly behavioral. I was relatively pleased with the turnaround time and I received a written offer quickly.

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Interview

Interview

very long and tedious. I had 5 phone interviews and then 4 in person interviews. they sat me down in a small conference room and I had 4 back to back interview all asking the same questions, which took up to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, and then in-person interview. Discovered half-way into in person interview that position was not good fit. The recruiter didn't describe the position well enough

Interview Questions

• How do you move a deal along after the prospect goes quiet ("radio silence")   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

First a telephone interview with a recruiter (was very simple just a back ground check), then difficult interview with hiring manager. Overall was difficult process but enjoyable. Interviewer has relaxed and friendly

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you came up with a creative solution to a problem   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in October 2017.

Interview

once the recruiter responded, pretty well organized. coordinated from AE, sent calendar invite, etc. Had to go through the online application process. Wasn't hard and lots of typical HR and background questionsl

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.