VMware Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I have applied for job role on VWMare portal and Recruiting HR contacted me over phone.
They scheduled a call with director of system engineering. First interview , he did not join the call and I had to wait for 15 minutes. I send an email about this to HR, they came back saying director's flight was delayed he could not join the call.

They scheduled interview call again second time, the director did not join the call. I had to wait for 15 minutes and send an email to HR. They had no clue about this situation, after one week I followed up with HR, they said they have recruited a person.

Two things really upset me, first- if for any reason person cannot join the call, he should have courtesy to let HR/candidate know before or after the call that he cannot make it. This was missing.
second, after a week , I had to follow up with VMWare HR about status, they did not have the courtesy to tell me that director did not join the call because of some reason and they have moved on with other candidate.
I cannot believe that VMWare can be so unprofessional and treat a person like this.

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in July 2015.

Interview

Very haphazard and interviewers repeated the same questions multiple times
    Also they were not pertinent to the job at hand and did not get a good feel for the job
    Took too long to get the final offer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter Phone screening. Hiring manager and 2 of his direct reports phone interviews then face to face with same 3 in office. Recruiter passed my name along to the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Describe how you did 'x' in your previous job   2 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

What would you do in this scenario?

What do you like about this potential role?

Interview Questions

• Case Study questions.

What is your biggest failure/   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick. less than a week. if you are not satisfied, ask for more. it will come.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with a group of 7 different individuals by phone and then also with a in-person visit to Palo Alto, CA.

Negotiation

Very good, negotiations went back and forth many times. Eventually had to pick what the most important factor was salary or title (I correctly focused on salary)

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Screening call with recruiter, who didn't seem be too much on the ball. Telephone interview with a peer (manager-level), questions were more about fitting in I guess but bit odd ones. No feedback or follow up.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Rounds were very fast and interviewers spent good 1 hour in each round. Peers round is not so great as there could be bias ... People see peers more as a threat than an opportunity to learn, share and excel.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in August 2017.

Interview

Had a quick call with HR then a follow up Interview with the VP over a month later. Setting a date and time for the interview was a total mess. I tried contacting recruiters four times after the interview for an update but got no response. Just plain rude.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Chennai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Poor with no set process or time schedule being met. They say that its urgent and want you to interview with few hours notice but spend weeks in getting back to you.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took about 8 weeks with around 10 discussions. Some in-person at VMWare office and few over teleconference. The discussions began with reporting manager (Director) of the role, followed by other Directors, Senior Directors and peers of this role. It finally concluded with reporting manager (second time) and VP. The evaluation was mainly on the roles and responsibilities called out for the job, evaluating relevant experience and thought process based on few situation based questions .
    All along, HR recruit managed schedule and explaining the offer details in the end.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on portfolio management?
      What are the top 2-3 expectations to be successful at this role?
      How do you manage professional growth of your team?
      What it takes to manage cross functional global team?
      If you are given just 15mins of time with senior leadership, how do you prepare yourself?
      What are your signature strengths?
      why you want to join VMWare? What do you know about VMWare?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.