VMware Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Met with several managers from different verticals, but all in the mid market space, who asked generic sales questions and questions about your background and experiences. Basically just combed over the resume and asked for examples of success

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex deal you worked on with a previous sales role?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

This interview was fairly standard and focused mainly on personality and sales best practices. They focused mainly on previous sales wins and habits following up with questions around fit and personality.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy - One phone interview, one in person, received an offer the day of the in person interview. They did have me prepare a presentation, but we did not go through. We simply walked through my resume and the manager told me on the spot that I'd get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

3 interviews in one day, one additional follow up.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

AirWatch "homework" packet, phone interview, then in person interview. In person I met with 2 different sales managers. Both were nice, more conversational than questions shooting since I was interviewing for sales it made sense. Discussed compensation and training as well as direction of company

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2014.

Interview

The managers and HR personnel that were in contact with me were very pleasant and polite throughout the interview process. I had a sort over the phone interview to go over my resume followed by an on site interview with three members of the management team. The interview was fairly normal and I think the biggest thing they were looking for was drive, a can-do/winning attitude and track record and that you're generally interested in doing a cold-calling sales role. My best advice is to have several questions prepared, take notes, and ask as many questions as you can and be able to sell yourself. I actually did really well, and was told I would hear back shortly about an offer but never heard anything from them. No responses to emails or calls and that was the biggest disappointment, the lack of professionalism with at least letting me know if and offer would be made or not. However, everything happens for a reason. To be honest, I was over qualified for the position and in need of a job. Maybe, that was it. Who knows. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• The only question I can remember is since, this would have been a career change, they asked me why the career move and if I could handle switching to a cold-calling job.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at VMware in February 2014.

Interview

1 Phone - Screen with a recruiter who was a really nice guy.
    2 In Person - you will meet with a hiring manager who will be pretty but wants to know why you want to work for Air Watch.
    3 In Person - this will be with a sales director

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

very easy, nothing much to say. ask basic questions and were friendly. wanted to see what i knew about the company and my experience. nothing out of the ordinary, not crazy. lasted about 30 minutes. simple fun and easy. felt like I had the job when I left. would do it again. good luck on it!

Interview Questions

• what do you know about airwatch?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 3 step process. 1) HR call 2) Call with managers and the Sales Director 3) onsite interview with 3 individuals, sales manager and the Sales Director and you may meet with the VP of Sales if he should be available.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can work effectively in a remote position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a couple of conversations with the VMware recruiters. Then had first interview with hiring manager. It was a phone interview. I then had several phone interviews with other AEs and SEs on the team. Last, had face to face with SE I'd be working with. All interviews were very thorough and I was asked for detailed understand of the products I'd be selling.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a sales campaign and how I showed value to the customer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.