VMware Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware in August 2020.

Interview

Brief chat with a recruiter on the phone. Then, they asked me to do a programming assignment, expected to take about eight hours to complete. Based on how I did on that, they scheduled a final interview. There was about a three week time between the assignment and the interview. The interview was four hours, using zoom to chat with four different interviewers with a 15 min break between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, concurrency concepts, Linux memory management, network and scalability, Kubernetes and containers, general programming.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Hr Phone
    Technical Phone: Used code pair for coding.
    He was very friendly and told me that the structure of the interview.
    If any question for the interviewer
    First on my technical skills - Explain your experience with Spring Spring boot?
    Explain something about Microservices
    What is mircro-services architectures do you know?
    Asked based on what I told. How would different services communicate with each other.
    Onsite interview: 5 Rounds with different panels (45 minutes each) - one on one
    Several questions on the development process like Jira & scrum and HR.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware in May 2019.

Interview

HR contacts thru an unattended mailbox asking for time to discuss the position. So had to search the HR on linkedin and send the availability. HR does not contact on scheduled time, so had to send mail again to check if the position is still available. HR says had some emergency will contact in few days, its been a week since that and no news till now. This wasn't even April for a prank.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

4 hours with no lunch. You come in the morning and you are starving by noon. Lunch? Nope.

A huge issue for me was Indian interviewers that are VERY hard to understand. I understand foreigners have accent but VMware should not pick those guys to interview candidates. You feel awkward to say "sorry can you repeat the question?" Three or four times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview
    Applied VM Ware career site. Got HR Call and asked about my availability for online coding test. There are two technical questions to answer in 60 mins in Hacker Rank. Don't remember exactly, but I write what I remebered.

Interview Questions

• Find all dupliacte files in the system without use flattening with some condition don't remember exact.   3 Answers
    • Implement live digital clock in console window, hint: use threads and refer MSDN.   2 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out in response to my application on LinkedIn for a Senior Software Engineer position in their office in Bellevue, WA. First step was a HackerRank test then I was invited for on-site interviews which were such a mess.

My first interview was with a senior technical team member who barely allowed me any chance to talk, told me 3 times that "my responses were not good enough for a senior engineer", left the interview almost abruptly after 30 minutes without setting up phone call with my next interviewer, which - according to the receptionist I asked for help - he was supposed to do.

My next interview was with a remote team member who seemed to have been brought in at the last minute to fill in for an interviewer who could not make it. He asked if I had a laptop so he could send me a coding question online. I told him I was not asked to bring one, inquired whether they had loaners but they didn't. We agreed to reschedule the interview on another day. I reached out to the recruiter with all these details and told her I was not interested anymore.

I was later contacted by the Product Director who was generally friendly and candid. He apologized for the bad experience, said the team member I met with was "challenging to manage" yet too vital to let go, and promised to have a conversation with him. He asked me to resume the interviews, said I probably won't have to work with that individual. I thanked him in response but decided I was not interested.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Average interview.
    Initial phone screening by the Airwatch recruiter. and had onsite technical interview with IT manager.Be prepared to know about the basics about the mobile industry and know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not too difficult, but varied.
      Algorithms they asked a series of known problems. Object oriented programming related to a hotel management system plus general concepts and definitions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It takes multiple round to complete the process. It starts with screening process. Some technical guy will call you to have technical discussion. They will give you some coding challenge online. This round will decide if you are being called for onsite interview or not.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to implement dependency injection in C#.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewer didn't show up. I was asked to give them 3 days they could set up an interview. I gave them 4 days. After the interview date was confirmed nobody called me at the time specified. Recruiter did asked phone or email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I arrived at their office and spent about 2 hours onsite. I met with 2 people - the hiring director and his VP. Both were friendly and both interviews were not difficult.

In the first interview, there were no really tough questions, however, I did flub a technology-specific question regarding an application feature relevant to my job, due to a misunderstanding of a term on my part, and then IMO had trouble recovering from it.

The second interview was less technical, more informational and behavioral. I thought this interview went better.

I was then offered a tour of their main facility, which is converted trading floor - unlike any office environment I'd seen before, with about a hundred-plus engineers types milling about. Not sure this is my type of work environment.

My biggest disappointment is that despite my taking a half day off my existing job to meet with these folks, they did not have the courtesy to ever get back to me - which is a cold way to say you didn't get the job. That alone gives me some serious doubts about how people are treated in this organization.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my past experiences, and asked how I go about solving problems.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.