CDK Global Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

CDK Global Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview had 4 rounds where I was interviewed by managers from different teams. They were a mix of technical and behavioral questions. They asked questions about Agile development, Unit testing, C++ related questions, dependency injections and resume based questions. A lot of the projects that you have done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

HR contacted and asked about the skills and a phone interview was set up.
    The phone interview was pretty easy but technical.
    The interviewer seemed to be a very soft spoken person. The overall experience was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

applied online and phone interview and onsite in detroit office. Talked with engineer and manage for around 1 and a half hour. Both very nice. They hope interns can learn there. Very good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

First the recruiter will call you and things are fine there but then you end up with Principal Architetect which things get interesting because it's hard to understand him because of language bearer and lack of communication skills. The coding problem is easy which is palindrome but then he asks you to write a SQL which he has a hard time explaining what he wants ...at the end he then tells you oh you should have used sub query.... I was gonna explain to him that you need to do a better job explaining what the problem is.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen was about :30. I was invited for an on-site interview later that week. I then had 2 separate 2 hour sessions. Each session was with a set of 2 UI developers, who asked a load of questions about HTML/CSS/JS and had me work some problems out on the whiteboard. Had lunch with senior managers which focused on experience, direction, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to create a simple API using OOP Javascript, and then we extended it out to add functionality and options without changing the initial API.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple ... the initial offer was actually more than I'd expected, so it was an easy accept on my end.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I met some Cobalt employees at a College Career Fair, then I believe I had a brief (30mins or 1hr) interview with them on campus and was invited on-site for technical interviews. At the career fair, one would typically drop off their resume and hope to hear back, however they liked mine so much I scheduled my on campus interview right there. Between the initial interview and the technical interviews the recruiter was constantly in touch with me. I had two technical interviews on-site, each an hour long and each with two software engineers.

The interview process was typical, so if you're preparing for other technical interviews then you probably won't need to go out of your way to prepare for Cobalt's interviews. The hiring process however, was a bit frustrating. The pre-employment drug screening and background check seemed excessive compared to other software companies in the same geographic market, however now that I've started work, I'm very happy to be here.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering interview questions. If you paid attention in school and prepare for the interviews by practicing coding questions online, you will be fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The application asked what my desired salary was, so I listed it and when I was offered the job, the base salary was exactly what I'd asked for. I was happy with the amount so did not attempt to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call, then on site interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Two phone interviews prior to on-site. Phone interviews were about background, motivation, coding skills (coding exercise) and design. No algorithm questions. On-site was mainly on design, coding, background. Pretty positive overall. However the offer was not appealing but overall comp @Cobalt is low. Take it or leave it type of deal.

Interview Questions

• An offer that is lower than in the other companies.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Difficult to negotiate. Felt like take it or leave it type of deal. Advice would be to be persistent in negotiating.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical questions regarding the tech stack that is currently being utilized. Some basic textbook questions. Some questions may or may not reflect what you are currently using or may be out of date. What's your best and worst attribute.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Very unprofessional, we agreed on having an interview the following week. However, the recruiter decided that I did not suck up enough to him and other employees to earn that aforementioned interview. The environment definitely seemed to be 99% all white males, which is hilarious considering all bull the recruiter told me about how diverse their workforce is.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.