CDK Global Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

CDK Global Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter through LinkedIn. We set up a phone interview in a few days. On the day, the recruiter did not call or notified me anyhow. I waited for an hour and messaged the recruiter but the recruiter did not even reply. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

16 Apr 2019 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi! Thank you for your review, I would like to know if the recruiter was a CDK recruiter or an agency recruiter? Please email TalentAcquisition@cdk.com

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

We talked about projects and overall experience. Specifically I went into detail about technologies I'd previously used in other company stacks and how I was successful in learning them and becoming proficient with them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral intro question then questions about projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screen, conducted by a hiring manager in Texas. They gave a personality test in the form of an instructional scenario and asked about previous experience.,

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

4 Dec 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Although you did not receive an offer to work for CDK, I appreciate your positive experience rating. All the best to you and your search.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Said I was denied online, but emailed me for interview. Rescheduled interview because “no employees could be available at 8am” (I had medical appointment at 10 1 hour away)
    When I arrived (luch time) nobody greeted me, no reception, a lady walked by with her lunch saw me and was kind enough to open the door, but asked me “what do you need”. After I told her I was there for an interview, she told me to wait at the couch, “reception would be back soon I guess” and wished me luck.
    Reception never came back. 15-20 minutes later a guy walked by and asked for my name and led me to a room. No ID, nothing, lol. The guy didn’t ask much about me or talk about the company for like 5 minutes, go straight to the technical interview.
    I started explaining my solutions and discussing different ways I can do the problem, and evaluate efficiency and time for each (as advised by career advisor/hiring manager at BigN). To my surprise he said "Yeah yeah, you can take your time and tell me when you're done" and went back to his laptop.
    Halfway through the interview he told me he would have to leave and someone else would replace him. At this point I knew I wouldn’t get the job but that was pretty rude. The second guy came in, I had to introduce myself all over again, he seemed to be nicer. I was walking him through my solutions when a group of employee knocked on the door saying they booked the room for an interview at that time.
    So we got out, he shook my hands and thanked me for my time. I was speechless, lmao.
    Somehow I wasn't even sad I didn't get an internship at such a company. My friend also got an interview and she said her experience was completely different, so I don't know.

Interview Questions

• What do we do? What classes are you taking? (and that's it no qs about personal projects or anything of the usual why do you want the job, strength/weaknesses)   Answer Question
    • Palindrome, 2 strings and remove only the first instance of character from the first string in the second string, hashing a file and count occurrences   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Corvallis, OR (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was good. Most of the questions were related to the previous experience. I applied through career fair of Oregon State University. I called next day for the one on one interview. The interview lasted around 1 hour. The interviewer was more interested in my past experience. Asked about Agile, how it works.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

23 May 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your interview experience and we are happy to have you on our team! All the best to you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First couple of rounds were ok i.e. Aptitude test and Group Discussion But they were very keen to specific answers for technical questions. They seem to not be satisfied with logical explanations, but that might be understood as I wasn't good with syntax and exact code but was able to provide a logical explanation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I had telephonic and onsite interview with CDK. First I had telephonic interview in java ,Sql and Kafka all the core concepts. On the same day I got response and invitation for onsite interview.

In face to face I had 3 rounds. First with director on general technologies that I am using what are the daily activities in company etc. In next round given problem solving question, concepts of Java. In next round asked questions on devops and sql questions.

Team was very good and friendly . They took away all my stress. Got the positive feedback on the same day.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

HR called up to talk about the general stuff like salary expectations and ask to rate myself in each of the technologies. SQL, Angular, .NET, MVC. He then pushed me a little to choose an earlier date for the technical interview, where I asked him for extra time. I took the interview on the date he suggested. Had the technical interview with a project manager. She asked me general technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic questions about OOPS concepts, java basics, angular framework, SQL indexes and stored procedures and about using blocks in .NET   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   1 Answer

1 Dec 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Very unprofessional, we agreed on having an interview the following week. However, the recruiter decided that I did not suck up enough to him and other employees to earn that aforementioned interview. The environment definitely seemed to be 99% all white males, which is hilarious considering all bull the recruiter told me about how diverse their workforce is.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.