CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

CDK Global Interview Questions

Interviews at CDK Global

2.8

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Overall had 3 interviews for an internship. A mix of behavioral and pm strategy. Interviewers were friendly asked me why I wanted to join and what I expected out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• How would you advertise xx product to car buyers
      What programming languages do you know   Answer Question

Workflow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Norwood, OH (US)).

Interview

Internal interview, have been with CDK for a few years
    Totally qualified for one of the four open positions, yet not only did they hire inside, they also hired outside candidates
    They preach that one can grow and advance, then when you try they hire from outside

Software Engineer-III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. It was a referral so I had an initial discussion with the manager. Then within 2 weeks had 1 hr of a video call with two interviewers and then 2 hr of onsite with 1 another interviewer and manager.
    Everything seems good until the next step came in. The manager informed the referral to inform me that I am selected and need to send expected compensation. It seemed odd to me though I comply. Since there was no base or range to compare to, I send an email with a quote based on the average market rate for the position and also asking for the company's range for the position and possible negotiation. I was expecting a counteroffer. Rather I received an outright rejection email stating the ask is too much to offer based on the interview feedback and with no range information or option to negotiate. It seems unprofessional to me and a waste of time and effort. I hope no one else faces a similar situation. Leason for me: never quote before the company person does.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience, current skill set, agile-scrum related questions, behavior questions, etc.   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Interview

Submit resume. HR screening interview. Phone Screen Interview. In person interview. Lots of questions about your motivation for that position and past experience. Many situational questions - can you tell me about a time when...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Call from the recuiter and half an hour online code interview for first round. They will give you IDE and you have to code. 3 hr Second round interview - 1 hour coding 1 hour design and an hour behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How do you design the full working microservice api. From end to end. How would you use api gateway in your design? And one datastructure algorithm problem solving.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

The people were nice but honestly the company is biased towards their own. A waste of time for the interviewee's because they interview you multiple times for the position only to find out they only want insiders. A joke really when one of the interviewers told me the software was easy to learn. I actually went to a car dealership not long after I was rejected to look at a car and they used the CDK software. I asked about it and the salesman who was new said it was easy to use. I won't apply to jobs for this company anymore.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

they had 2 phone interviews with me before having me in for a 2 hour interview. The onsite interview I meet with 4 different people for 30mins each. A lot of the same questions but they also had there own concerns. When I went to the interview they said they would pay for my parking in the garage which is super expensive. At the end they said "oh our receptionist isn't here to help with the parking validation..sorry. bye". Not professional at all.

Info Sec Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL (US)).

Interview

I applied for this position online. I spoke with an HR person I believe. It went about 40 minutes and it seemed to go well. They did inform me there were a couple of other folks they were interested in but she sounded positive after speaking to me.

She said I would be hearing something next week. Well, the next week came and nothing. I called her and sent an email and nothing. No response at all. Not even a " Thanks but we are moving ahead with someone else"

If I am not what you were looking for then fine. That's cool. I am an adult and can handle the truth. But just don't ignore emails and calls. It's plain old rude.

I see the position remained open for several months after I was interviewed so they didn't seem to go any of the other candidates either. I did find a better role at a different firm not too long after this so it all worked out well.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR stuff. Background info, what have you done, situational stuff like " Tell me about a time when ....."   Answer Question

Director of Product Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then an onsite interview with the hiring manager and 3 team members. The team seemed nice but I contacted them saying that I had an offer on the table from another company and needed to hear if they were interested. Nothing. No email or phone call response even saying "no thanks." Just dead air. I spent 8 hours with them and didn't even get a courtesy note.

Marketing Interview

Interview

I got a call a few days after applying and she was nice. The phone interview went great. Everything went great until after the actual in person interview. Weeks went by and I didn't get an update. They gave me a timeline after the interview and said they would let me know my status throughout the interview process. I followed up twice a week or two after. One time got a response that she didn't have an update but she would reach out when she did and also followed up with the hiring manager who just didn't reply. It's been weeks since then and I still haven't heard anything from them. I really wanted this position. THE VERY LEAST they could have done was put me out of my misery and send me a courtesy email saying they chose someone else. Easy as that.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.